President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 12, 2017 -> 08:40 PM)
No, it's hilarious. If that's how you want to pass your time, get the f***ing dude's cell phone number. I cannot believe people still respond like they can make a difference. He's clearly a Russian troll at this point.

I didn't start this. I respond to stuff. Just because only 2-3 of us on here are willing to disagree with the masses doesn't mean I'm scum. Check how it started. I respond to people.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 12, 2017 -> 08:44 PM)
But you HAVE to realize what you type is just a waste of your time and of space on this site, right? You aren't going to get through to him. It's clear he's here to rile you up. Stop taking the bait and muddying the waters of this thread that have otherwise provided some pretty good updates on the situation at hand.

I'm not here to rile anybody up. Read the thread. Just cause I disagree doesn't make me some troll. I mean what I write.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 12, 2017 -> 08:47 PM)
I think at one point weve all wanted to believe that Greg was actually listening as he appears to be a reasonable good person. But eventually I think we all reach a point where we realize that no amount of words is going to change things.

Why would I change my mind when others won't? When somebody makes me pause I give them credit and pause and consider what they are saying. I told a few people on here they made good points and made me reconsider my position. It's not my fault somebody called Trump human garbage. it's not my fault almost everybody in this thread is Democrat and 100 percent against Trump and unwilling to even consider he might do something right. I pointed out numerous words I would use to describe Trump. Almost all my words were negative. I don't like the guy. I am convinced if I met him in real life I would find him like most 1 percenters I've met: arrogant, mean, insulting, condescending.

But I won't bury him just as I wouldn't bury Obama. Only because my fellow Americans voted him in. He won the f***ing election, folks. Fellow Americans wanted him. Fellow Americans are not evil. If there comes a time to completely turn on Trump I will. That time is not here yet. I've got nothing to lose. I didn't vote for him. I describe him as close to scum. What more do you want? Steve is just another person unwilling to read my posts I guess.

Again ... did you read the words I used to describe Trump? Almost all negative. I asked others for their words. Crickets.

If you hate me fine.

There are people on here who believe in my posts or at least the spirit of my posts. Caulfield, Fathom, Harry CHappas. They know I speak what I believe is the truth.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ May 13, 2017 -> 02:41 AM)
For a guy who claims that he doesn't like Trump, Greg sure fights hard to defend him.

I told you why. He was elected president by my fellow citizens. I support the USA. Not crazy about Trump at all.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2017 -> 11:34 PM)
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/13/asia/north-k...tile/index.html

About time for war with North Korea to change the Comey conversation and provide Americans a distraction

The combination of an impulsive president, an active U.S. military that is ready for action, and a bully-acting North Korea with a leader who seems to be the type who wants to be remembered forever, is not a good combination. I still think something big is going to happen sooner rather than later with N. Korea. Hopefully China realizes we have an impulsive president and gets involved. If not could be a blockbuster.

'That’s not who we are’: How a besieged heartland (Idaho Falls) community rallied around its refugees

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thats-not-besieg...-090015075.html

Long but excellent story.

What had been a local story went national in June 2016, when the headline “Idaho: Muslim Migrants RAPE 5-year-old, hold KNIFE to her throat, strip her naked, rape, and urinate on her” appeared on the website of Pamela Geller. Geller is described by the extremist-group monitor Southern Poverty Law Center as the “anti-Muslim movement’s most visible and flamboyant figurehead,” and her pushing of the story immediately spread it to right-wing and antirefugee outlets. On the conspiracy site Infowars, the headline initially read “Report: Three Syrian ‘refugees’ rape little girl at knifepoint in Idaho” with the subhead “Furious residents accuse council of coverup.” Breitbart embedded a reporter in the city, producing a series of stories on the case and painting the area as a crime-infested wasteland.

The problem with the coverage was that there was no rape, no knife, no Syrians and no coverup. There was a horrific incident: On June 2, three refugees from Eritrea and Iraq, ages 7, 10 and 14, sexually assaulted a 5-year-old girl at a Twin Falls apartment complex. The boys eventually pleaded guilty to multiple charges and the records were sealed because those involved were minors. Some members of the community said the case was mishandled, but Twin Falls Police Chief Craig Kingsbury told the Times-News last month that “I’ve always felt that we followed proper protocol and procedure.” Both Kingsbury and the prosecutor, Grant Loebs, spoke publicly during the process.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/14/r...veterans-238314

Republicans plan massive cuts to programs for the poor, including veterans' benefits

Edited by caulfield12

"This trip is truly historic. No president has ever visited the homelands and holy sites (Saudi Arabia, Israel, Italy) of the Jewish, Christian and Muslim faiths all on one trip," said National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster, briefing reporters on Friday.

"What President Trump is seeking is to unite peoples of all faiths around a common vision of peace, progress and prosperity. He will bring a message of tolerance and of hope to billions, including to millions of Americans who profess these faiths. The President will focus on what unites us," he said.

Given the events of the previous days, McMaster's message seemed incongruous, as he portrayed a President who had just ignited discord at home as a unifying force abroad.

But at times, McMaster, in a stentorian performance, almost seemed to be willing the administration onto better political ground with the strength of his rhetoric. Administration officials may hope that by getting Trump out of Washington for a week or more, they may help cool the political storm raging around the White House.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/15/politics/tru...path/index.html

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 13, 2017 -> 12:12 AM)
I told you why. He was elected president by my fellow citizens. I support the USA. Not crazy about Trump at all.

If you are using that as a distinction, way more people actually voted for Hillary. Trump is not who the majority of Americans wanted to be president.

Just saying...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 15, 2017 -> 03:02 PM)
He get impeached yet?

Republican's control congress they arent going to impeach him right now. The only way this changes is if next year their poll numbers are taking huge hits and they think its the only way to save their seats. But that is a long time from now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nation...3&tid=sm_tw

This wasn't even US-generated intel, so this is going to seriously piss off our allies. They're going to be so much more reluctant to share information with us, and this seriously compromises our national security as a result.

The worst part is that this behavior, whether it's deliberate leaking or just sheer incompetence, was completely 100% predictable from Trump.

In his meeting with Lavrov, Trump seemed to be boasting about his inside knowledge of the looming threat. “I get great intel. I have people brief me on great intel every day,” Trump said, according to an official with knowledge of the exchange.

The Washington Post is withholding most plot details, including the name of the city, at the urging of officials who warned that revealing them would jeopardize important intelligence capabilities.

“Everyone knows this stream is very sensitive and the idea of sharing it at this level of granularity with the Russians is troubling,” said a former senior U.S. counterterrorism official who also worked closely with members of the Trump national security team. He and others spoke on condition of anonymity, citing the sensitivity of the subject.

At a more fundamental level, the information wasn’t the United States’ to provide to others. Under the rules of espionage, governments — and even individual agencies — are given significant control over whether and how the information they gather is disseminated even after it has been shared. Violating that practice undercuts trust considered essential to sharing secrets.

Trump also described measures that the United States has taken or is contemplating to counter the threat, including military operations in Iraq and Syria as well as other steps to tighten security, officials said.

“I’m sure Kislyak was able to fire off a good cable back to the Kremlin with all the details” he gleaned from Trump, said the former U.S. official who handled intelligence on Russia.

The President of the United States passing on US allies' classified info to Russian diplomats suspected of being spies in a closed door meeting in which they've failed to disclose the attendance of one of the Russians multiple times. Possibly just because he's such a pathetic person that he felt the need to brag and try to show off.

What a crazy timeline we've ended up on.

There is a proper gif out there somewhere of a man rubbing his temples with a pained expression on his face

Ffs. I guess we should have known when Donnie was like "No US press allowed"

to be honest I'm leaning more towards "disclosed unwittingly because he's an incompetent dumbass with the never-ending need for validation from anyone he's around" at this point

to bolster my point:

Officials said that the National Security Council continues to prepare multi-page briefings for Trump to guide him through conversations with foreign leaders but that he has insisted that the guidance be distilled to a single page of bullet points, and often ignores those.

“He seems to get in the room or on the phone and just goes with it — and that has big downsides,” the second former official said. “Does he understand what’s classified and what’s not? That’s what worries me.”

Edited by StrangeSox

“This is code-word information,” said a U.S. official familiar with the matter, using terminology that refers to one of the highest classification levels used by American spy agencies. Trump “revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.”

WaPo newsroom celebrated a little bit ago as this story just broke the Access Hollywood "p**** Graber" story for most readers per minute ever.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 15, 2017 -> 04:39 PM)
There is a proper gif out there somewhere of a man rubbing his temples with a pained expression on his face

Ffs. I guess we should have known when Donnie was like "No US press allowed"

bonod.gif

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 15, 2017 -> 04:56 PM)
HuExmMR.jpg

(buzzfeed has legitimate political reporting that's financed by their clickbait garbage)

I really wish BuzzFeed News would change their name so the legit reporting doesn't get associated with clickbait