President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fox spin on the special prosecutor is its good news because now they can catch the leakers and unmaskers.

The one thing im surprised no one is interested in is that it seems okay that Russia taped the meeting with Trump in the white house.

Edited by Soxbadger

You can bet your bottom dollar that Mueller's not going to focus on leakers/unmasking/anonymous sources.

The GOP can complain all they want, but he's going to be under a lot of pressure (from Trump and his followers) to provide some type of conclusion as quickly as possible after he sets his budget within the first 30 days, and there's not going to be time for that nonsense. Hopefully he'll hire Sally Yates and Preet Bhahara (well, wishful thinking).

Good read for those fearing the "Deep State/Military-Industrial Complex" is out to remove Trump for Pence...about Mueller, 9/11, Comey and Mueller ties, etc.

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option...p;jumival=19120

PAUL JAY: Right. Well, my fear in all of this is that something Trump wants to do anyway, now he's got enormous pressure to do, which is to turn his sights on Iran. He's in Saudi Arabia. He's going to be working with the Saudis to build an anti-Iran front. There's nothing like a good war to make him presidential, as we heard after this attack on the Syrian base. The more dangerous this gets for Trump, the more likely he needs a good war to get out of it, and then the Schumers, and the Democrats, and the deep state, everyone's going to be cheering him on.

COLEEN ROWLEY: Well, maybe he learned the lesson that they only cheer him on for a couple of days, that this bombing-

PAUL JAY: A good fight with Iran, they'll be cheering him on longer, I think.

COLEEN ROWLEY: Well, that's the whole problem, and that's what James Madison warned about, that all presidents ... That's why we were supposed to have checks and balances on going to war, and of course, that's long been gone, dissipated, and now we have many wars, undeclared wars. We don't even call them wars. So there's underlying problems here. Absolutely, Trump, to his credit, has been insisting on some kind of détente with the nuclear superpowers, and even China, to some extent. Maybe, who knows with Iran? It seems like that was definitely in his campaign rhetoric, that he was going to look hard at tearing up the agreement with Iran, but I think the deep state, the military-industrial, congressional, media complex, has really been working largely together.

Whether they actually want to see Trump out and Pence in, I think they probably would be happier with someone less independent, who tweeted less, which would be Pence, and so that's certainly a possibility, that if they can get enough momentum here, that they would prefer Pence, and I think that that would be bipartisan as well, and absolutely-

PAUL JAY: And that would be even more dangerous.

COLEEN ROWLEY: Exactly, even more dangerous, and not for Iran, but for Russia, for China, for all of these even nuclear superpowers.

Jennifer Epstein

@jeneps

Fox and Friends talking about the important news this morning, the cancellation of Tim Allen's sitcom (Last Man Standing).

Edited by caulfield12

By Josh Dawsey and Annie Karni

Already, Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort, whose work in Ukraine has come under review, has a lawyer. So does former White House national security adviser Michael Flynn, who last week got served with a subpoena by the Senate Intelligence Committee.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer earlier Wednesday – before the Mueller news was announced -- sidestepped a question about whether Trump himself was considering hiring a personal lawyer to represent him in the ongoing investigation. “If I have any updates for that at some point I’ll let you know,” he told reporters on Air Force One.

Asked if he was representing Trump in a personal capacity on the Russia investigation, Trump’s longtime personal lawyer Michael Cohen replied in a phone interview, “I don’t know if he’s made a complete decision. There’s several mitigating factors.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/17/t...-fearful-238535

Special prosecutor to complicate West Wing life

Edited by caulfield12

Something I noticed about Sherriff Clarke before that bothered me, and I saw someone on Twitter point it out yesterday too... that dress uniform he wears in press conferences is cartoonish and offensive. Most of those, if you look closely, are nothing more than little American flags, replica badges and flair. Almost none of it is anything earned, and even the one color bar I'd be skeptical of. Plus when he wears all of it, not only is he insulting police (and military) who earned theirs, he looks like some 3rd world country strongman.

http://www.wflx.com/story/35457837/donald-...scuss-new-ideas

Unfazed by poor optics, Donald Jr. still doing business in Dubai for Trump Organization despite promises to stay clear of foreign entanglements while father was president.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...173176854204416

The 1950's say hello to Donald Trump and Senator Joseph McCarthy...

Edited by caulfield12

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-flynn-blo...-024930733.html

Flynn blocked military move against ISIS that Turkey opposed...working as a US general while being paid $500k simultaneously to lobby for Turkish government interests.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unnamed-white-ho...-215228094.html

As unrelenting shockers keep streaming in from the White House, one more has a senior Trump administration official on the record, saying, “I don’t see how Trump isn’t completely f—ed.”

The top White House official spoke to the Daily Beast on condition of anonymity when asked about POTUS sharing highly classified national security information with Russian diplomats and also the revelation that James Comey kept notes of his dealings with Trump — and there was one memo in which the president asked the then-FBI director to halt his investigation into Michael Flynn over his ties to Russia.

“Every time I feel like we’re getting a handle on the last Russia fiasco, a new one pops,” the senior staffer said Monday, according to the Daily Beast. On Tuesday the outlet said the staffer revised his comment to: “I guess I was wrong about the timing… We can’t even wrap up one Russia fiasco before we’re on to the next one.”

Then came the damning blow from the official, who the Daily Beast revealed worked on Trump’s campaign: “I don’t see how Trump isn’t completely f***ed.”

Edited by caulfield12

Foreign Trip Comes at Crucial Time, but Trump Is a Reluctant Traveler

WASHINGTON — President Trump leaves on Friday for a nine-day, five-city foreign excursion, his first trip outside of the United States as the country’s leader and top diplomat.

He doesn’t really want to go.

In recent days, Mr. Trump has groused to several friends that he is not looking forward to leaving his new White House cocoon for high-profile, high-pressure meetings with dozens of world leaders in unfamiliar settings.

At one point, he barked at an aide that he thought his first tour abroad should be only about half as long. He will have to abandon his well-known preference for sleeping in his own bed (or in one at the hotels or golf resorts he owns) as he hops between Saudi Arabia, Israel, Belgium, Italy and the Vatican — all places without a Trump-branded property.

Planning for the foreign trip has proceeded haltingly, with Mr. Trump resisting some of the pageantry that is usually a hallmark of a president’s travels. A visit to Yad Vashem, the Holocaust memorial museum in Jerusalem, was cut short at his request.

reminds me of the time he speed-walked through the US Holocaust Museum

But even as he sat with briefing books and stacks of news clippings about global events, Mr. Trump has generally just skimmed through, according to several people familiar with his preparations. Instead, he has focused on the chaos swirling around his White House.

In an attempt to capture his interest, aides threaded Mr. Trump’s own name through the paragraphs of one of the two-page memos they wrote for him.

Edited by StrangeSox

Quite honestly cutting out Yad Vashem shows better judgment than I'd expect. It would be worse if he went there and started fuming about how he is treated.

on the other hand, maybe it would provide him with some perspective that the worst thing in the world isn't NY elite shunning you from dinner parties.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 18, 2017 -> 08:13 AM)
Man, after yesterday, the big lesson is clear:

Do NOT piss off the media and intelligence community together

I think the real lesson is don't hire openly corrupt people into powerful positions and then ignore all warnings and deflect and defend them from critical oversight.

Tends to be the fuel those things need to run.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 18, 2017 -> 07:41 AM)
Not quite sure where this fits, but Drudge Report is reporting that Roger Ailes has died

The Discourse Lover @Trillburne

condolences to the people who were groped, harassed, or otherwise abused by Roger Ailes & will now never be able to sue him

7:46 AM - 18 May 2017 · Denton, TX

377 377 Retweets 830 830 likes

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 18, 2017 -> 08:13 AM)
Man, after yesterday, the big lesson is clear:

Do NOT piss off the media and intelligence community together

He pissed off the media during the entire election cycle yet here we are with him as President.

there's no BUT HER EMAILS deflection for them to focus on

e: and bringing down the obvious incompetent and unqualified and "haha no way this idiot could ever win" candidate is a heck of a lot less historical than being the one to bring down a sitting President. WaPo trying to go 2-for-2.

Edited by StrangeSox

What would be funny would be what Trump would be tweeting if he lost the election and this stuff was going on with Hillary. I'm pretty sure he would have a different view. He still wouldn't know what he is doing but IMO, hitching his horse to Bannon is the reason he is in deep s***. I think it has exposed Trump even more. The guy knows nothing about issues, the only things he will read is about himself, and apparently he is easily manipulated. Just keep praising him, you'll eventually get what you want.

I'm still waiting for him to easily destroy ISIS. What ever happened to his secret plan?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2017 -> 02:17 PM)
What would be funny would be what Trump would be tweeting if he lost the election and this stuff was going on with Hillary. I'm pretty sure he would have a different view. He still wouldn't know what he is doing but IMO, hitching his horse to Bannon is the reason he is in deep s***. I think it has exposed Trump even more. The guy knows nothing about issues, the only things he will read is about himself, and apparently he is easily manipulated. Just keep praising him, you'll eventually get what you want.

I'm still waiting for him to easily destroy ISIS. What ever happened to his secret plan?

The secret plan was to ask the generals to make a plan. They did, and it's been sitting on his desk for months.