President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

Judge frees Colorado man from prison, then ICE immediately re-arrests him

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-39968655

After a massive procedural mistake and a three-year fight for his freedom, Rene Lima-Marin was set to be released from a Colorado prison this week. Instead, he is now in US Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody, facing deportation.

At first, Jasmine Lima-Marin did not want to tell her two boys that their father was coming home until he physically walked through the door. But after a Colorado judge issued a scathing, 165-page decision ordering his release, reporters, family and well-wishers started calling and dropping off bunches of balloons for the impending homecoming. It became impossible to keep the secret.

"They were really excited," she says.

But it now appears that her first instinct was correct. Before Lima-Martin could set foot outside, agents from US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) arrived to take the 38-year-old father into custody on Wednesday. He now faces deportation to Cuba.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FBI Director James Comey said he let cameras into the New York FBI offices to film a new television series in hopes that he might build trust with the American people.

“I worry sometimes that people don’t know us,” Comey said in explaining why he green-lighted “Inside the FBI: New York,” a new television documentary by Dick Wolf of “Law & Order” fame and documentarian Marc Levin.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/12/comey-oks-new...ost-fbis-image/

This is going to be an extremely fascinating show if it ever makes it to air now that Comey's been fired.

I think we have two warships right in the vicinity of North Korea now (CNN). You wait, this is extremely serious, folks. My question is, what would happen if we actually drop a bomb or two on them or try to take out their leader?

Who would respond against us if anybody? Would China or Russia attack the USA? Hawaii or ? Or would we be OK. I think Trump is unstable and I am fully expecting some type of incident in Korea sooner rather than later. Their leader is endangering the USA with his threats of striking us and I feel like Trump is gonna send the dogs out so to speak.

Comments? Caulfield?

Somebody assure me we're ok.

That will never happen. We're not going to "assassinate" Kim Jong Eun.

If anything, we would confer with China and they would execute a military coup with as little bloodshed as possible and replace him with someone from inside their military before they could figure out a more concrete, long-term plan.

War is MUCH MUCH more likely the way things are setting up over Iran and Iraq than North Korea...especially with anything possible during this planned foreign trip and Trump always going off his prepared remarks/speeches and "riffing" on the topic of the day.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 19, 2017 -> 01:48 PM)
The chances of Trump starting a large war to distract from his bulls*** is very high. Dont underestimate his stupidity.

That is an excellent point. I do expect war soon.

I suppose we will be talking soon about very big news but WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nation...m=.448e4de5056f

Summary: sources close to investigation say Senior WH official is now a person of interest in the Russia probe and it is now moving to subpoena phase

NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/polit...p-news&_r=0

In a readout of the visit between Russia and US Trump told the Russian ambassador to US and diplomat that firing the FBI director eased pressure off of him, and the spin was that it was implying that they owed him one.

The self-destructive behavior is unmatched. The investigation itself is become much more real than I thought. I can't stand this white house. We are seeing the natural endpoint of dominance politics and guess what, the "i'm going to win" is not applying one iota to the country itself, it is always and will always be about Trump.

Unsurprising:

"While the case began quietly last July as an effort to determine whether any Trump associates coordinated with Russian operatives to meddle in the presidential election campaign, the investigative work now being done by the FBI also includes determining whether any financial crimes were committed by people close to the president. The people familiar with the matter said the probe has sharpened into something more fraught for the White House, the FBI and the Justice Department — particularly because of the public steps investigators know they now need to take, the people said."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/blog...licans/?ref=yfp

Watching the downfall of a Generation of Washington Republicans.

I think Kasich has to be one of the front runners again for this reason...will throw out Will Hurd from Texas as another name that's growing in national stature. Nikki Haley might be too damaged by the end of all this.

Edited by caulfield12

Does anyone NOT believe the Miller speech on Islam in Saudi Arabia will not set off political fireworks around the globe?

Donald Trump’s first foreign trip as president doesn’t start until Friday, but it’s already suffered a few setbacks.

He's supposed to stop in Israel during his four-country, nine-day trip. But already his plan to visit and give a speech atop the ancient mountaintop fortress of Masada has been scrapped. Why? Because he won't be allowed to land his helicopter on the site, Newsweek reported.

SEE ALSO: Trump plans to do a live Twitter forum in Saudi Arabia. But really.

The UNESCO World Heritage site can be damaged so landings are banned. Trump was set to take a cable car to the top, as visiting U.S. presidents before him have done, like George W. Bush in 2008 and Bill Clinton in 1998, according to the Jerusalem Post.

But Trump doesn't do cable cars apparently, so the Masada visit is canceled and instead he's speaking at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem, according to Newsweek.

Yahoo.com/finance

The other excuse from WH, it's "too hot"

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (bmags @ May 19, 2017 -> 02:19 PM)
I suppose we will be talking soon about very big news but WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nation...m=.448e4de5056f

Summary: sources close to investigation say Senior WH official is now a person of interest in the Russia probe and it is now moving to subpoena phase

NYT:https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-ab-top-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

In a readout of the visit between Russia and US Trump told the Russian ambassador to US and diplomat that firing the FBI director eased pressure off of him, and the spin was that it was implying that they owed him one.

The self-destructive behavior is unmatched. The investigation itself is become much more real than I thought. I can't stand this white house. We are seeing the natural endpoint of dominance politics and guess what, the "i'm going to win" is not applying one iota to the country itself, it is always and will always be about Trump.

Elijah Cummings: Either Pence is lying or was 'running a sloppy shop'

What did the Vice President know, and when did he know it?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 19, 2017 -> 02:41 PM)
Elijah Cummings: Either Pence is lying or was 'running a sloppy shop'

What did the Vice President know, and when did he know it?

That's right, either way he's wrong. If he knew, WTF? If he didn't know, why the f*** not? Maybe former President Bannon kept him out of the loop.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 19, 2017 -> 03:07 PM)
Trump's nominee for #2 at Treasury just bowed out citing "family reasons."

Trump still has 452 Executive Branch positions with no nominee named. Who would want to attach themselves to this dumpster fire at this point?

He doesn't have time to nominate anyone, he's making great deals while he's watching Fox News and golfing.

I really am surprised he goes after CNN so much. Everytime I go to our break room for some water, the TV is on CNN and the headline below almost always has Trump in it somewhere.

Edited by Dick Allen