President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jun 6, 2017 -> 03:24 AM)
I guess all the evidence they have so far is "fake news" then????

Yes, and when you present all of the indicators they will call it fake news or ask for "real evidence." Russians could admit it happened and they wont believe it.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 6, 2017 -> 08:25 AM)
Whoa man. I'm no die-hard Trump Hog. Just been around long enough to know Hillary pulled out the Russia card as a deflection. I bet even she is surprised at what it's become.

And what evidence? Maybe I missed some.

Every US intelligence agency has concluded Russia interfered. Maybe like Trump with the Generals and ISIS, as he has already proven, you know more than these agencies.

It amazes me perhaps the biggest liar in political history, and that is saying something, accuses others of lying, has so many people buy his every word, and ignore his lies about everything and say they are irrelevant.

Edited by Dick Allen

I think you also need to specify what you're talking about when it comes to 'Russia'. There's several different aspects, including:

--Whether Russia interfered in the election to influence the outcome or undermine the legitimacy of the vote via spreading fake information and real information obtained via hacking

--Whether Russia's attempts to infiltrate any voting systems were successful

--Whether anyone from Trump's campaign, which included several Russian-friendly figures like campaign manager Paul Manafort, colluded with Russia knowingly or unknowingly.

--Why numerous members of Trump's campaign and transition team had multiple contacts with Russian officials that they failed to disclose on security clearance forms, during Senate testimony, or to the American people

--Why Trump's team was so eager as soon as they came into office to relax sanctions on Russia in exchange for [???]

--What pressure Trump put on Comey or other DoJ officials to drop investigations into Michael Flynn or other Russia issues

Some of this stuff is still in the process of being investigated, but a lot of this has been widely reported by multiple major media outlets with numerous sources and in many cases, openly confirmed by relevant people. We've had the conclusions from numerous intelligence agencies that have said Russia interfered, and just yesterday we had a leaked TS NSA document saying they likely hacked a voting machine company and at least tried to gain access to local election systems. Trump himself said the Russia investigation was on his mind when he fired Comey. Sessions recused himself from any Russian investigations (but then still played a role in firing Comey) for lying under oath during his confirmation hearings. The WH hasn't denied that Kushner met with Russian diplomats and a Russian banker from whom anyone in the US is barred from doing business with and tried to set up a "back channel" to Russia that used Russian equipment and facilities. Etc. etc. etc.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account

@realDonaldTrump

So good to see the Saudi Arabia visit with the King and 50 countries already paying off. They said they would take a hard line on funding...

6:36 AM - 6 Jun 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

...extremism, and all reference was pointing to Qatar. Perhaps this will be the beginning of the end to the horror of terrorism!

8:44 AM - 6 Jun 2017

:bang

the largest US military base in the ME is located in Qatar; also, SA funds a whole lot of extremism, but I'm guessing Trump just 100% buys whatever SA told him

edit: it's also pretty bad and unfortunately very typical that Trump is now eagerly sucking up to the fundamentalist dictators in SA because they praised him, but he's actively rejecting and seriously undermining our long-time allies in democratic states in Europe.

Edited by StrangeSox

It's also amazing that the meetings with Russians were "forgotten" by everyone in the Trump administration when they were in confirmation hearings, and in security clearancs, and only "remembered" when the dying, sad, fake news publication, the NYT, reminded them of it.

Edited by Dick Allen

Kushners getting lots of Ivanka brand trademarks/copyrights and potentially favorable treatment from Chinese over $250 million loan for NJ luxury project that's currently underwater.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/kushner-loan-pay...6/05/id/794107/

China...all they receive now is praise from Trump. Coincidence?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 6, 2017 -> 09:43 AM)

I am reading the transcript because I'm at work and omg our children are doomed

They are telling her that the math doesn't work and she is saying it is based in reality not math ?

"I'm told that the inside-outside machinery (the coordinated PR response to Comey testimony Thurs), as envisioned by aides who frantically planned it while Trump finished his overseas trip, may never exist," Allen writes.

That vacuum -- plus everything we know about Trump -- leaves open the possibility that the White House's official response will come in the form of a series of angry (and ill-thought out) tweets from @realdonaldTrump. And, as has been demonstrated over the last 72 hours with Trump's London attack tweets and his tweetstorm on the so-called "travel ban," it's rarely politically beneficial to him or his White House when he gets alone with his phone.

High stakes. Major revelations. Wall-to-wall TV coverage (live on all the networks). And a president ready to blow. Add it all up and Thursday is shaping up to be the single biggest day in Washington in decades.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/don...omey/index.html

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 6, 2017 -> 10:58 AM)
Does any of it matter?

In the 21st century? Not really. If you are aligned with a political party, you know you have a minimum of 35 to 40% of the country that will make excuses for you, no matter what. Party has become more important than honest, integrity or anything else to the vast majority of voters.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 6, 2017 -> 09:00 AM)
:bang

the largest US military base in the ME is located in Qatar; also, SA funds a whole lot of extremism, but I'm guessing Trump just 100% buys whatever SA told him

edit: it's also pretty bad and unfortunately very typical that Trump is now eagerly sucking up to the fundamentalist dictators in SA because they praised him, but he's actively rejecting and seriously undermining our long-time allies in democratic states in Europe.

Something tells me this has a lot to do with Qatar having a normal relationship with Iran.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 6, 2017 -> 12:00 PM)
Something tells me this has a lot to do with Qatar having a normal relationship with Iran.

Qatar is a bad actor, but really concerning that we may be siding exclusively with Sunni governments (who are also bad actors), with a lack of thought on longterm strategy.

Qatar is hot garbage and a literal modern day slave state. They're still an important ally in the Middle East for better or worse, and Trump isn't insulting the host of our largest regional military base out of some noble human rights stance against them.

e: kinda weird but interesting to see US hegemony crumbling before our eyes though

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 6, 2017 -> 11:09 AM)
It should to the non-alt right folks who just didnt want Hillary and now realize that he's a complete buffoon.

A lot of those people knew he was a buffoon from day one. But it doesn't matter, because:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2017 -> 11:01 AM)
In the 21st century? Not really. If you are aligned with a political party, you know you have a minimum of 35 to 40% of the country that will make excuses for you, no matter what. Party has become more important than honest, integrity or anything else to the vast majority of voters.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2017 -> 05:01 PM)

Great post. I think it's 100 percent true.

Sen. Mark Warner: More state election systems were targeted by Russians

WASHINGTON — The top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee told USA TODAY on Tuesday that Russian attacks on election systems were broader and targeted more states than those detailed in an explosive intelligence report leaked to the website The Intercept.

"I don't believe they got into changing actual voting outcomes," Virginia Sen. Mark Warner said in an interview. "But the extent of the attacks is much broader than has been reported so far." He said he was pushing intelligence agencies to declassify the names of those states hit to help put electoral systems on notice before the midterm voting in 2018.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2017 -> 10:01 AM)

Nixon had a 24% approval rating when he left office. At the lowest points in GWB's presidency - including right before the '08 election - GWB held a 25% approval rating (all per Gallup). Voting and approval ratings based exclusively on political party are not some 21st Century phenomenon.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2017 -> 01:32 PM)
Is it just me, or did that just say he was telling classified information?

The names of the states were what was classified.

What matters a lot is turnout.

Everyone thought this would be a low turnout (16), it was not. Far from being depressed, something (we're not allowed to talk about it) suddenly catalyzed a lot of exurb and rural voters to come out to vote for Trump.

Trump is seeing collapse in the strongly support numbers. Would those voters, even if broadly sympathetic to Trump, make the time to vote again?