President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 05:42 PM)
At THAT exact moment in time. Perhaps not since Mueller became involved, or Comey was fired.

I was joking. WaPO's piece specifically mentions the investigation didn't begin until a few days after Comey was fired.

"The obstruction of justice investigation into the president began days after Comey was fired on May 9, according to people familiar with the matter. "

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 04:46 PM)
I was joking. WaPO's piece specifically mentions the investigation didn't begin until a few days after Comey was fired.

"The obstruction of justice investigation into the president began days after Comey was fired on May 9, according to people familiar with the matter. "

Okay...hard to tell around here sometimes with all the "fake news" flying around. Just typing that phrase is annoying. What happened to facts?

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 07:47 PM)
People post /s on sarcasm posts here all the time. This is the only place I've seen people do that, but they do.

Green font is the normal indicator here. It's not a big deal or anything but I can't recall the /s either unless I just never noticed it

You could make the exact same arguments (2001) that George W. Bush was just great until 9/11 hit and put our country into the wrong war...then Katrina finished off his credibility.

Was Bush responsible for the economic policies that Clinton put into place? Of course, he died with housing market...which has been blamed on Clinton, Rubin and Greenspan.

At any rate, Yellen keeps raising rates and it will start to tamp down the economy, no matter what Trump does.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 15, 2017 -> 08:25 AM)
Tweeter in Chief is complaining about witch hunts again

It's like someone is asking for his birth certificate and then when he produces it, people call it fake.

Nixon: It's not illegal if the President does it!

Trump: It's not illegal if the President is too dumb to know it's a crime!

Glenn Thrush @GlennThrush

.@RepDavid on @npr - not kidding: Trump may have committed obstruction. But it's ok cos he doesn't have "discipline" to know it was wrong.

7:19 AM - 15 Jun 2017

225 225 Retweets 409 409 likes

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 15, 2017 -> 08:45 AM)
Remember when Trump said that Clinton would not be able to govern because she'd be under investigation? Good times.

It's like clockwork. Just about everything he accuses others of, he does the same thing or has the same problem. Yet people buy him saying it, not noticing he is exactly the same or worse than what he criticized because he has all the problems he critiques, the others only one or 2 of them.

With GOPs tepid pushback and now open attacking of Mueller, I think he will be fired soon.

Trump is a raptor testing the electric fence. With each shock that the GOP realizes doesn't kill them, they then accept it was not only correct but their right to do, and all criticism is false. Rinse repeat.

There is nothing this president will do that the GOP will not accept as standard 2 weeks later.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 15, 2017 -> 09:28 AM)
With GOPs tepid pushback and now open attacking of Mueller, I think he will be fired soon.

Trump is a raptor testing the electric fence. With each shock that the GOP realizes doesn't kill them, they then accept it was not only correct but their right to do, and all criticism is false. Rinse repeat.

There is nothing this president will do that the GOP will not accept as standard 2 weeks later.

I've seen lots of idiot media flunkies and former politicians trying to trash Mueller, but are any sitting Reps or Senators attacking him or his investigation yet?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 15, 2017 -> 09:47 AM)
I've seen lots of idiot media flunkies and former politicians trying to trash Mueller, but are any sitting Reps or Senators attacking him or his investigation yet?

You are right, that is a big conflation I shouldn't have done. It so far has just been Gingrich and other former politicians.

It's still a worrying trend, and we know President "legally too dumb to commit a crime, apparently" gets more information from cable news than from his classified briefings. He's likely to try to fire Mueller via tweet based on his uncontrollable impulses, and everyone steeped in the right wing media world will completely legitimize it.