President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 10:17 AM)
Unelected and unqualified. What a disgrace this administration is.

I am wrong to think if I had my choice of Trumps at that table, Ivanka would be who I would choose? Definetly unqualified, but so is POTUS.

Edited by Dick Allen

People high up in Trump's campaign including his own son and son in law were willing to collude with Kremlin-linked Russians in order to obtain damaging info on their political opponent. This should matter, but...

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jul 9, 2017 -> 04:02 PM)
It'll be interesting to see who the first Republican senator will be to express "concern" and call the report "troubling" before proceeding to do nothing about it.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 10, 2017 -> 08:16 AM)
The whole family is incredibly stupid. A very dumb mafia like family.

Now now, don't associate mafia with dumb. The Trumps just operate as they are above the law. It's not that surprising really.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 10, 2017 -> 09:57 AM)
How is this not just it? How is this not the straw that breaks the back?

It never will be it. The whole argument of modern politics isn't right versus wrong, it is me versus you. It is getting the one up on social media. It is getting the soundbyte for the masses to repost. It is getting someone to post all of the links supporting your guy and opposing the other. What that does it mean that the actual substance of what is happening is secondary to winning. With the adversarial political environment of today, this won't matter either, just like nothing else has mattered since oh, Nixon?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 10, 2017 -> 09:05 AM)
It never will be it. The whole argument of modern politics isn't right versus wrong, it is me versus you. It is getting the one up on social media. It is getting the soundbyte for the masses to repost. It is getting someone to post all of the links supporting your guy and opposing the other. What that does it mean that the actual substance of what is happening is secondary to winning. With the adversarial political environment of today, this won't matter either, just like nothing else has mattered since oh, Nixon?

Would Clinton have been impeached if the economy was tanking instead of skyrocketing in the late 90's?

Censure seems the most likely compromise. Everything is now about scoring political points, regardless of the consequences...

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 10, 2017 -> 10:37 PM)
republicans: Hillary might have committed a crime over email

don Jr: hold my beer

I've seen a lot of comments about how terrible this is, but is there an actual criminal statute that's cited somewhere? Is there something we're basing the criminal aspect on?

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 09:32 AM)
I've seen a lot of comments about how terrible this is, but is there an actual criminal statute that's cited somewhere? Is there something we're basing the criminal aspect on?

Especially since we know Gary Hart was negotiating nuclear arms with the Soviets in the 80's as a Presidential candidate, and nothing came of it.