President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 03:14 PM)
Senator Orin hatch says these emails aren't relevant to Trump admin. Keep in mind that senior advisor Jared kushner is up to his neck in this.

https://twitter.com/MattLaslo/status/884812...src=twsrc%5Etfw

It's sickening. All that matters is the R behind Trump's name, and the funny thing is, he's not even really a republican. But as long as he has that R behind his name the republicans will look the other way, at least until the tax cuts for the rich and the death warrant for the poor and unhealthy becomes law.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 04:13 PM)
Actually I was impressed by how much the Dem's turned on Wikileaks when this happened, after fully embracing them when it happened to Bush. I was mostly amazed at how quickly the reformed into a GOP partisian machine.

Yep, it's only Dems who are ever inconsistent.

You know it's bad when some republicans are starting to realize trump is a disaster. Outside of Hannity and some of the zealots it's pretty easy to see the lies.

If that email chain is the one they decided they could release, imagine what they are covering up. At the very least Don jr, manafort and Kush are all guilty of perjury. America first indeed.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 03:36 PM)
Yep, it's only Dems who are ever inconsistent.

Frankly party shouldn't matter to anyone when the president has directly lied over 100 times in 6 months to the citizens of the United States. That should be bi-Partisan.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 03:31 AM)
Frankly party shouldn't matter to anyone when the president has directly lied over 100 times in 6 months to the citizens of the United States. That should be bi-Partisan.

But emails*!

*=Hillary's, not Trump Jr.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 08:37 AM)
Especially since we know Gary Hart was negotiating nuclear arms with the Soviets in the 80's as a Presidential candidate, and nothing came of it.

And he had time for an affair simultaneously...Donna Rice?

Talk about multi-tasking!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 05:11 PM)
Capture.jpg

While I don't understand the purpose of hunting nearly endangered animals, I'm not sure how this is relevant to the topic at hand.

Stay focused, people. Russia is the distraction. #SaveTheACA

The Repubs might just leave the ACA alone for now, the premiums are supposed to go up right before the 2018 elections, which they then could use to their advantage.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 04:14 PM)
In non Russia news, devos is inviting an mra group to discuss domestic violence.

https://t.co/scMlK6p3aQ

This is like being dumb enough to invite Russia to establish a cyber security team

“I’m not saying [Rice is] a good guy. But if she hadn’t aggravated him, she wouldn’t have been hit.

That was from the president of the organization she is going to meet with.

Nothing is shocking with this administration anymore. Betsy DeVos is human f***ing garbage.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 08:24 AM)
While I don't understand the purpose of hunting nearly endangered animals, I'm not sure how this is relevant to the topic at hand.

Stay focused, people. Russia is the distraction. #SaveTheACA

The elephant represents Republicans in the photo.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 08:14 AM)
That was from the president of the organization she is going to meet with.

Nothing is shocking with this administration anymore. Betsy DeVos is human f***ing garbage.

Man I can see it now. There is no such thing as rape, it's fake news.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 07:51 AM)
The Repubs might just leave the ACA alone for now, the premiums are supposed to go up right before the 2018 elections, which they then could use to their advantage.

I do believe there are enough dissenters to not pass it anyway. They know it's a joke and raising premiums as well as taking away healthcare while their leader s***s all over the country is not a good political strategy.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 07:51 AM)

THey have the house, senate, and presidency. They ran on fixing this issue. Waiting until it gets worse after they sabatoged it is not a message they should be able to plan on capitalizing on.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:22 AM)
THey have the house, senate, and presidency. They ran on fixing this issue. Waiting until it gets worse after they sabatoged it is not a message they should be able to plan on capitalizing on.

McConnell is going to do everything he can to pass it while the world is distracted by Russia.

I don't get why he's whining about "sources" today. His own idiot son posted the emails about the treason

As Air Force One jetted back from Europe on Saturday, a small cadre of Mr. Trump’s advisers huddled in a cabin helping to craft a statement for the president’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., to give to The New York Times explaining why he met last summer with a lawyer connected to the Russian government. Participants on the plane and back in the United States debated how transparent to be in the statement, according to people familiar with the discussions.

Ultimately, the people said, the president signed off on a statement from Donald Trump Jr. for The Times that was so incomplete that it required day after day of follow-up statements, each more revealing than the last. It culminated on Tuesday with a release of emails making clear that Mr. Trump’s son believed the Russian lawyer was seeking to meet with him to provide incriminating information about Hillary Clinton as “part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

The Russia story has become the brier patch from which the president seemingly cannot escape. It dominated his trip to Europe last week and, after he leaves on Wednesday night for a couple of days in France, it may dominate that trip as well. Every time Mr. Trump tries to put the furor behind him, more disclosures thrust it back onto the Washington agenda.

Even before the latest reports, Mr. Trump’s head-spinning willingness on creating a joint cybersecurity team with Russia fueled criticism. Now people close to the president and to his legal effort are engaged in a circular firing squad, anonymously blaming one another for the decisions of the last few days

Edited by StrangeSox