President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 06:50 PM)
While Trump obviously has a bunch of personal insanity swirling around him, most of the appointments he's made the policies he's signaled support for are the same stuff we could have expected from a McCain or Romney or Jeb presidency. Trump is doing a lot of damage to institutions and norms, but policy-wise, he's little different from the rest of the GOP.

The one place where this is completely untrue is in the dismantling of the State Department and complete destruction of US Foreign Policy Leadership. No one else would be doing that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 11:43 AM)
Trump now referring to Sessions as "beleaguered". Can't understand why he isn't going after Hillary. He does realize he was the one who hired him, I would think. What happened to all the dogs Trump promised to put on crooked Hillary after he won the election?

For a guy so concerned with "fake news", it's actually been his specialty for over 30 years.

Why not fire Sessions? I don't think democrats would make a stink this time.

Keep him for now. A new AG can fire Mueller, Sessions can't.

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 11:18 AM)
Keep him for now. A new AG can fire Mueller, Sessions can't.

If he uncovers something or is getting really close, Mueller is going to be fired anyway. Obviously I could be wrong, but I think there is no way he survives long enough to see Trump's taxes.

But if Mueller ever gets fired, all hell is going to break loose. If Trump has done nothing wrong, I don't know why he is so worried.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 12:21 PM)
If he uncovers something or is getting really close, Mueller is going to be fired anyway. Obviously I could be wrong, but I think there is no way he survives long enough to see Trump's taxes.

My guess is he's already seen them, hence Trump going into DEFCON Orange.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 11:28 AM)
I can't understand what could possibly be in his returns that he's so protective over.

Either a whole lot of shady/questionably legal financial dealings or it shows he's not nearly as wealthy as he claims which, based on how he's acted in the past, is the most important thing to him.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 12:20 PM)
Either a whole lot of shady/questionably legal financial dealings or it shows he's not nearly as wealthy as he claims which, based on how he's acted in the past, is the most important thing to him.

Probably all of the above.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 08:39 AM)
What's clearing dragging down America is making the filthy rich pay taxes, and making sure the poor have health care. The best way to build up the middle class and lower class is instead of giving them breaks directly, give them to the rich so they can pass them down. It works really well.

Lol dudes whoa. Whoa dudes whoa. Simmer simmer simmer. I was just commenting on the exploding debt and deficits. Please don't tell me that "George W started it!" or "Obama exploded it!"- blame doesn't matter. All I'm saying is we better hope that we continue to print the world's currency or else the social programs are the first things to go, because, gasp, they account for the majority of the "budget". I thought that was something everybody could agree on. Mercy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 11:05 AM)
His primary job is to harass minorities and he's doing an excellent job of that.

And to destroy taxpayers by throwing everyone in prison who ever looked at a joint.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 12:33 PM)
Lol dudes whoa. Whoa dudes whoa. Simmer simmer simmer. I was just commenting on the exploding debt and deficits. Please don't tell me that "George W started it!" or "Obama exploded it!"- blame doesn't matter. All I'm saying is we better hope that we continue to print the world's currency or else the social programs are the first things to go, because, gasp, they account for the majority of the "budget". I thought that was something everybody could agree on. Mercy.

Just because something is the largest line item in a budget doesnt mean that it is "the first thing to go."

The largest item in my yearly budget is "housing", but I am much more likely to cut my "discretionary" spending before I cut my "housing."

The main issue is that the United States needs to "increase" revenue and "decrease" spending. There are a lot of different ways to accomplish that without touching social programs.

Who knows how much gold is hidden in the hills of a product like marijuana. Too bad the Federal govt would prefer to spend more money, than increase revenue.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 02:05 PM)
Just because something is the largest line item in a budget doesnt mean that it is "the first thing to go."

The largest item in my yearly budget is "housing", but I am much more likely to cut my "discretionary" spending before I cut my "housing."

The main issue is that the United States needs to "increase" revenue and "decrease" spending. There are a lot of different ways to accomplish that without touching social programs.

Who knows how much gold is hidden in the hills of a product like marijuana. Too bad the Federal govt would prefer to spend more money, than increase revenue.

We could probably cut that military budget by quite a bit.

Trump has been living on bank credit for years; he doesn't really own as much as he claims.

He admitted that himself in the Art of the Deal book that he wrote in the '80s.

He borrows from one thing to start something else.

jordan @JordanUhl

Gender reassignment surgery: $100,000

The (inoperable) Lockheed Martin F-35: $1,500,000,000,000

8:15 AM - 26 Jul 2017

156 156 Retweets 227 227 likes

Garland John Gates @garlandgates

EXTRA: Today in 1948, @PresHarryTruman signed Executive Order 9981, desegregating the military of the United States. #civilrights

8:14 AM - 26 Jul 2017 · Shelby, OH

2 2 Retweets 1 1 like

Edited by StrangeSox