President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Sep 15, 2017 -> 06:47 AM)
greg NK will not launch nukes... right now they are on thin ice with even their allies. If they launch anything at anyone, there will be destructive consequences and Kim Jong-un definitely likes to breathe... he isn't suicidal.

Good.

I will take your word for it. It concerns me daily.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 15, 2017 -> 06:05 PM)
http://www.espn.com/blog/ombudsman/post/_/...olitical-tide-2

To quell some of the fallacy thrown around here, ESPN's Public Editor stated it's "clear" that the channel is liberal and they need to improve ideological diversity.

That article is exactly what I have been trying to say. ESPN doesnt mean to be left or right, it just happens based on the personalities of the people they hire.

That being said, the ultimate goal of Disney/ESPN is to make more money. and if they think being liberal/conservative/green/mickey mouse would make them more money, they are going to do it. Its not about politics, its about money.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 16, 2017 -> 12:29 PM)
I was poking fun at SB's know-it-all style of posting that preceded that post. There were several posters that denied ESPN infuses a liberal agenda into what should be sports programming.

Is agenda the same as broadcasting to your audience?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 05:35 PM)
How many wild statements are we going to allow? At some point the fighting words will be answered. With Trump as president don't be surprised at some vicious USA response at some point.

China? How bout stepping up before we drop a few nukes on N. Korea. Them are fighting words from N. Korea ... again. How long can we just ignore them?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-thre...-045536190.html

Lol

manafort and Trump are not actually the same person and the FBI probe was open before manafort joined Trump's campaign. Those are all still good and correct posts.

The DoJ confirmed just a few weeks ago that Trump's claim about Trump tower being wiretapped was false.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia-inves...bi-obama-658888

And we already knew about fisa court warrants for other Trump associates like Carter Page at least back in the spring.

Edited by StrangeSox

Trump was right. Oh wait, he isn't Paul Manafort.

POTUS doesn't have the authority to authorize a FISA warrant.

All that work going back and finding posts for nothing.

Trump was full of s*** then just like always. He said Obama was a bad guy because he wiretapped his phones.

Edited by Dick Allen

Foreign nationals, especially foreign diplomats and suspected spies, are routinely surveilled, and some Trump associates were overheard while talking to these people. This is routine and normal intelligence gathering.

A few specific Trump associates were surveilled with the appropriate warrants in place going as far back as 2014 due to suspected illegal activity.

What part of that is supposed to be bad or concerning?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2017 -> 10:37 AM)
They didn't wiretap Trump... they wiretapped everyone!

As if that's better. Awesome.

It was the implication of the statement that people seem to be avoiding. (IMO) Trump was insinuating that Obama (not the FBI, etc) was wiretapping him illegally in an attempt to hurt Trump's chances at becoming President.

If Trump had said "While I was running for President, my building was being wiretapped because some of the people that are my associates were under criminal investigation. " I dont think anyone would have doubted it.

I think it's fair to take "Obama did [x]" to mean "The Obama administration did [x]" rather than a claim that Obama personally did it himself. That doesn't make the rest of Trump's claim, which have been directly refuted by the DoJ and FBI, any less ridiculous.

I don't think ss2k5 was an apologist for the warrantless wiretapping under Bush or the surveillance state in general, but this is not that. Paul Manafort was under FBI surveillance two full years before he became associated with Trump. Michael Flynn was recorded while talking to a Russian diplomat and suspected spy. Carter Page initially came under suspicion for contacts with suspected Russian agents back in 2013. I'm really struggling to see any sort of undue partisan influence or an overly broad surveillance state issue with any of these guys.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 19, 2017 -> 11:17 AM)
I think it's fair to take "Obama did [x]" to mean "The Obama administration did [x]" rather than a claim that Obama personally did it himself. That doesn't make the rest of Trump's claim, which have been directly refuted by the DoJ and FBI, any less ridiculous.

I don't think ss2k5 was an apologist for the warrantless wiretapping under Bush or the surveillance state in general, but this is not that. Paul Manafort was under FBI surveillance two full years before he became associated with Trump. Michael Flynn was recorded while talking to a Russian diplomat and suspected spy. Carter Page initially came under suspicion for contacts with suspected Russian agents back in 2013. I'm really struggling to see any sort of undue partisan influence or an overly broad surveillance state issue with any of these guys.

I meant at Obama's behest. As in Obama asked them to do it.

That is the most likely implication from Trump's claims, but honestly, you never know with him. Probably really did mean that Obama himself was personally wiretapping the phones just like he rejected the 'clarification' that he meant Obama metaphorically founded ISIS [via neglect in the ME or whatever], insisting instead that no, Obama literally founded ISIS.