President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 26, 2017 -> 10:27 AM)
https://www.buzzfeed.com/adolfoflores/peopl...VyWz#.qhP6dzr15

This is pretty f***ed up. Collecting social media data on even naturalized US citizens?

Don't they collect all that data on US citizens too? I've just always assumed everything we do is .monitored in someway anyhow.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 12:38 AM)
Donald Trump would probably receive 45-50 million votes if we had an election tomorrow.

U really think so? I disagree. Cmon. Americans hate him.

You know what? As much as you know (if u don't have me on ignore) from my posts, how much I despise Hillary, if I knew Trump was going to be THIS divisive, I actually 'may' have voted for Hillary instead of writing in xxxxx (did great write in Ozzie Guillen, that is the question?).

Even greg is sick of Trump and sick of his stupid ass Tweets that are meant only to divide. I find it hard to believe it'd be a close race if we were to have a repeat election in November.

At least Saturday Night Live should be amazing this week in its season opener. They've got to have a skit on North Korea. Maybe an opening on the NFL and then a skit later on North Korea?

Give me David S. Pumpkins baby!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 01:29 AM)
I would just assume that nothing about your life is private from the US Government.

I kind of agree. I think the government knows us and TSA knows a lot about us and if we are safe or not. And in 99.9 percent of cases of business travelers as Rock Raines can attest, most of us are safe. I think Rock has said he travels a lot.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 26, 2017 -> 09:14 PM)
Roy Moore is going to be a senator and that is truly awful.

America’s probable newest senator has likened the Koran to Mein Kampf and blamed 9/11 on godlessness

He also argued that Keith Ellison shouldn't have been seated in the House because he's Muslim, that being gay should be criminal, and he's been thrown off of the Alabama Supreme Court twice.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 08:06 AM)
America’s probable newest senator has likened the Koran to Mein Kampf and blamed 9/11 on godlessness

He also argued that Keith Ellison shouldn't have been seated in the House because he's Muslim, that being gay should be criminal, and he's been thrown off of the Alabama Supreme Court twice.

Totally normal party. We just need more bipartisanship.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 26, 2017 -> 06:35 PM)
Don't they collect all that data on US citizens too? I've just always assumed everything we do is .monitored in someway anyhow.

They have a lot less technology and ability to do this than people think. Linking social media to a specific person would take a lot more than what they current can do.

Now if they got cooperation from many of the large tech companies out there, that becomes MUCH easier. But they would have to work together. I can easily see tons of information about a single user even if they just briefly hit a website without logging in. The government really has very little access to that stuff.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 08:45 AM)
They have a lot less technology and ability to do this than people think. Linking social media to a specific person would take a lot more than what they current can do.

Now if they got cooperation from many of the large tech companies out there, that becomes MUCH easier. But they would have to work together. I can easily see tons of information about a single user even if they just briefly hit a website without logging in. The government really has very little access to that stuff.

Right. They don't already do this to everyone, and the troubling part, when combined with the rest of their heavily anti-immigrant ideology, is that they're specifically targeting immigrants including permanent residents and naturalized citizens. There's no non-evil reason to do that.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 12:35 PM)
Why aren't they waiving these restrictions that would help get more much needed supplies to Puerto Rico? Profits.

Trump on why he won’t waive the Jones Act: “A lot of people who are in the shipping industry don’t want” it lifted.

Profiting off natural disasters is winning. F the Puerto Ricans, they can't vote for Trump. We will be winning so much, we will be sick of it. Believe me.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 02:14 PM)
Yet he's the front man for peace in the Middle East.

That's not all! This list is from April and I'm pretty sure even more has been dumped on his plate.

Here are the policy areas tasked to Kushner:

Middle East peace: After taking office in January, Trump tasked his son-in-law with resolving the decades-long conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians, dubbing it the "toughest deal in the world to make," and saying that if Kushner can't help broker peace "no one can." Trump's son-in-law also met with the Iraqi prime minister this week to discuss the country's war with ISIS.

Government reform/Opioid crisis management: Late last month, the White House announced that Kushner would head up the White House Office of American Innovation. Partnering with Elon Musk, Apple head Tim Cook, and Microsoft founder Bill Gates, the office's goal is to examine areas where the private sector could improve government using data and technology. Kushner told the Washington Post he aimed to use the office to modernize the Department of Veterans Affairs, solve the opiod crisis, and develop ideas for Trump's upcoming infrastructure proposal.

Criminal justice reform: Kushner met with the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee last week to discuss stalled bipartisan criminal justice reform efforts.

Liaison to Mexico: When asked if Tillerson would be meeting with Mexican Foreign Secretary Luis Videgaray while he was in town last month, a spokesperson for the state department seemed unaware the top Mexican diplomat was in town. Videgaray instead met with Kushner, who has served as an intermediary between the president and Mexico, aiming to build trust despite Trump's unpopularity in Mexico due to his inflammatory immigration rhetoric.

Liaison to China: Kushner is seen as the driving force between Xi's upcoming state visit at Trump's Mar-a-Lago club. The New York Times reported that Kushner has worked behind the scenes to mend fences with the Chinese after Trump broke precedent by appearing to waffle on the so-called "One-China" policy towards Taiwan. The first-son-in-law has also sat in on key meetings regarding North Korea.

Liaison to the Muslim community: BuzzFeed reported that Kushner met with a group of Muslim activists and business leaders just before Trump's inauguration to discuss the incoming president's relationship with the Muslim community.