President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 09:11 PM)
#fakenews

UPDATE: Handgate ends. As The Verge and the Washington Post report, the photo ABC broadcast wasn’t the one hung on the White House wall but an inserted still of the Getty image. Further, that still doesn’t have the same warp effect as the one Schwartz initially tweeted. Schwartz has also deleted some of her tweets.

Blumpf redeemed.

The whole issue was stupid anyway. Much as I detest Trump, the emotional reactions to his presence have brought out some embarrassingly bad stuff from some outlets. There's plenty of good reasons to dig into Trump's already disastrous Presidency, why fall into stupid s*** like the hands thing?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nikki Haley is "taking down names" (only for "for those who don't have the US' back) at the UN....seems she has been sent there to deliberately stir things up.

New U.S. ambassador Nikki Haley in her first visit to the United Nations put U.S. allies on notice: "For those that don’t have our back, we’re taking names."

After making made the remarks to reporters at U.N. headquarters in New York, the new U.S. envoy to the international organization did not take questions about what exactly she meant, saying only, "We will make points to respond to that accordingly."

"This is a time of strength, this is a time of action, this is a time of getting things done," Haley added.

Her remarks came three days after her nomination to represent the U.S. at the United Nations was confirmed by the U.S. Senate and two days after her visit to President Donald Trump at the White House.

A senior administration official confirmed to ABC News earlier this week that the president is considering executive action that could cut U.S. funding to the United Nations as well as U.S. participation in international treaties.

Trump Considering Executive Actions Targeting UN, International Treaties

"This administration is prepared and ready to go in, to have me go in, look at the U.N., and everything that’s working we’re going to make it better. Everything that’s not working, we’re going to try and fix. And anything that seems to be obsolete and not necessary, we’re going to do away with," Haley said today. "But this is a time of fresh eyes, new strength, new vision, and a great day at the US UN."

https://gma.yahoo.com/us-envoy-puts-un-alli...topstories.html

Cory Booker goes after Trump, wonders why the media is treating him with "kid gloves"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cory-booker-call...-154037623.html

Edited by caulfield12

What better way to kick off the day when you still have to prepare to talk to Abe, Merkel, Putin, Hollande, Turnbull...

3h3 hours ago

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

...dwindling subscribers and readers.They got me wrong right from the beginning and still have not changed course, and never will. DISHONEST

Donald J. Trump

3h3 hours ago

Thr coverage about me in the @nytimes and the @washingtonpost gas been so false and angry that the times actually apologized to its.....

Donald J. Trump

3h3 hours ago

The failing @nytimes has been wrong about me from the very beginning. Said I would lose the primaries, then the general election. FAKE NEWS!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2017 -> 12:47 PM)
It wouldn't be the first time Mexico plotted against the US.

I... I don't really consider this to be "plotting against the US" so much as just being the smartest person in the room.

Spent much of January in Santiago, Chile, and China is starting to surpass the US as their primary trade partner. The more that happens (and it will under Trump) the faster we sow our own destruction and build up China as the world's new primary superpower.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 11:32 PM)
It will either end in revolution or collapse. Either way, it'll be exciting.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Seriously though, no way this clown lasts 4 years, absolutely no way, SMH...

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 28, 2017 -> 01:06 PM)
This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Seriously though, no way this clown lasts 4 years, absolutely no way, SMH...

Dammit I didn't get to see what he said!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 28, 2017 -> 01:17 PM)
Iran has announced a ban of US citizens. I think every country should ban US citizens until our ban is lifted.

Agreed. I want the world to sanction the f*** out of us.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 28, 2017 -> 12:18 PM)
Agreed. I want the world to sanction the f*** out of us.

Oh I can't wait until rich folks can't travel to Europe anywhere they want anymore...that'll make sure Trump reverses the ban right quick.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 28, 2017 -> 10:45 AM)
It's sad in so many ways. The fact that so many people love it is pathetic. If you wake up afraid of terrorism you are quite literally a moron.

The fact it bans green card holders is ridiculous. Those people who are going to get locked out have lives in this country, most likely productive ones. Pissing them off and inconveniencing them is going to drive them to extremism...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 28, 2017 -> 12:44 PM)
The fact it bans green card holders is ridiculous. Those people who are going to get locked out have lives in this country, most likely productive ones. Pissing them off and inconveniencing them is going to drive them to extremism...

And they've already been vetted. People seem to think it's super easy to get a green card here. It's not.

CNN's headline right now is "Shockwaves" about the immigration ban andcreaction around the world...an America that doesn't lead is scaring the hell out of everyone.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/don...tion/index.html

Ayoub said his group has already fielded calls from people around the world impacted by Trump's executive order, including from students and legal US residents who are citizens of the seven countries banned by Trump and are now stuck overseas.

He said his organization fielded a call from a student who was blocked in Turkey from traveling to the US and cannot return to her studies in the US as well as other students on international trips who now cannot return to the US.

Ayoub said the executive order "is causing a really destructive impact on the Arab and Muslim community and on the Iranian community in the US."

The International Rescue Committee, a humanitarian aid and refugee assistance group, called Trump's decision to suspend refugee admissions "harmful and hasty" and noted that the US refugee program "makes it harder to get to the United States as a refugee than any other route." Refugees must undergo an extensive vetting process -- it typically takes more than two years to be admitted to the US as a refugee.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldvi...m=.3222b8772960

Nobel Prize winner Malala "heartbroken" Trump closing the door on children fleeing violence....

Many foreign leaders said they were aghast over the new US policy.

Iran answered in kind by saying it would ban Americans from entering the country, calling Trump's action insulting.

But the US leader did get backing from Czech President Milos Zeman, who praised him for being "concerned with the safety of his citizens."

Edited by caulfield12

My parents are going to Dubai in two weeks. While they are immigrants, they do have passports and are white so they should be fine coming back home. But who knows what can change in two weeks, they will have spent time in a Muslim country and they have accents.

Apparently one of the colleagues of my friend at UNLV made the mistake of going to Canada last week and is now stuck. Tenured professor, has a green card, no longer allowed in the US because comes from the wrong country.

Several others are rapidly trying to cancel plans to go present at conferences overseas to avoid being stuck or are similarly trying to remove reservations for conferences here.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 28, 2017 -> 04:28 PM)
My parents are going to Dubai in two weeks. While they are immigrants, they do have passports and are white so they should be fine coming back home. But who knows what can change in two weeks, they will have spent time in a Muslim country and they have accents.

Honestly...Can they avoid going?

Edit: Apparently having passports may not be enough. They're blocking dual-citizenship people from those countries as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 28, 2017 -> 03:52 PM)
Honestly...Can they avoid going?

Edit: Apparently having passports may not be enough. They're blocking dual-citizenship people from those countries as well.

Do they have an immigration lawyer they've worked with previously? Some are suggesting that a good advance step prior to traveling overseas is to have contacted that attorney beforehand so that they can give advice and respond if they are detained.