President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

In contrast, the head of the House Intelligence Committee is primarily concerned about who leaked the information to the press, not that Trump knowingly had a man who violated the law and undermined a sitting President, lied about it publicly, and was susceptible to Russian blackmail as his National Security Advisor.

“I expect for the FBI to tell me what is going on, and they better have a good answer,” said Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, which is conducting a review of Russian activities to influence the election. “The big problem I see here is that you have an American citizen who had his phone calls recorded.”

Manu Raju @mkraju

Rep. Devin Nunes says the Intelligence Committee won't look into discussions between Trump and Flynn, citing executive privilege

8:35 AM - 14 Feb 2017 · Washington, DC

429 429 Retweets 270 270 likes

Simon Maloy @SimonMaloy

...I'm no government genius but doesn't the executive branch usually assert executive privilege? https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/831512161411354624

10:20 AM - 14 Feb 2017

15 15 Retweets 44 44 likes

This seems like a pretty accurate summary of the situation:

Amarnath Amarasingam @AmarAmarasingam

So either Trump:

(1) ordered it

(2) knew; only fired Flynn once caught

(3) didn't know; he's oblivious to key natsec decisions

All scary.

Option 3 was Reagan's excuse for Iran-Contra.

Edited by StrangeSox

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:43 PM)
Gallup stopped polling the Presidential election after 2012.

Yes, they quit for sucking so bad at it in 2010 and 2012

The LA Times tracking poll had Trump winning the popular vote by a wide margin, which he did not. They did not do state-by-state polling so they were wrong by a big amount on the one thing they tried to evaluate.

e: and Rasmussen called the election, both the popular vote and the EC, for Clinton.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_con...inal_2016_picks

I recalled it wrong. My bad.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 08:20 PM)
What would Trump have to do to blow that "chance" you're giving him? Because he's already violated the constitution at LEAST a dozen times.

go ahead and list them. i'll keep on using air

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 14, 2017 -> 12:07 PM)
hey brett any thoughts yet on The Greatest President ever having a compromised Russian stooge as his National Security Advisor despite being told several weeks ago that he was compromised and susceptible to being blackmailed?

He is busy using air

Spicer's conference was interesting. They didn't launch Flynn earlier because Democrats were holding up Jeff Sessions' nomination, and they decided weeks ago that this was a trust issue not a legal issue, but despite not trusting Flynn he was still involved in national security briefings as recently as yesterday? Oh and Trump's been very tough on Russia, apparently.

Their main argument is that the problem here isn't that Flynn knowingly and deliberately undermined a sitting US President by conspiring with a foreign nation that has had high tensions with the US for years (decades?), it's that he lied to Trump about it. And also it's the DOJ's fault that Flynn had this definitely-not-illegal-nope-just-a-trust-problem and wasn't removed earlier, despite reports that the Sally Yates, the woman Trump fired recently, informed the Trump admin of the concerns surrounding Fylnn 17 days ago.

Edited by StrangeSox

Eventually its going to be death by a thousand cuts for Trump. I just cant imagine that this is fun for him anymore. And as much fun as it may be to watch the self proclaimed "Winner", lose, it is definitely sombering because every American bears the cost.

I guess the silver lining is that I dont think Trump can give Crimea to Russia now, way to much scrutiny. I bet Putin is pissed.

It's just scary for the biggest reason, at some point something terrible will happen. Their tactic of just lying like crazy to get out of a bad news cycle will come home to roost when people can't trust them for vital information.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 14, 2017 -> 01:52 PM)
It's just scary for the biggest reason, at some point something terrible will happen. Their tactic of just lying like crazy to get out of a bad news cycle will come home to roost when people can't trust them for vital information.

You know, a major dam is failing in California and there has not been one word from that administration. Not one. This is a moment when they should be out front, trying to ease concern of displaced US citizens, promising emergency disaster relief, help from national guard and army corps of engineers if needed, and we get silence.

Spicer instead goes out and makes the lies even worse by creating contradictions from previous statements because YOLO

Chad Pergram @ChadPergram

Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO) indicates it is "likely" Flynn would be called to testify before the Intelligence Commitee

1:31 PM - 14 Feb 2017

Cristina Marcos @cimarcos

Freedom Caucus members expressing support for some kind of investigation into Flynn's firing. Rep. Perry wants a "full accounting"

11:27 AM - 14 Feb 2017

Bradd Jaffy @BraddJaffy

C4pj21YWMAAalat.jpg

C4pj21aW8AANDJp.jpg

After Trump may have discussed NK missile launch in the middle of Mar-a-Lago public dining room, Chaffetz demands to know security protocols

1:32 PM - 14 Feb 2017

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 14, 2017 -> 02:00 PM)
You know, a major dam is failing in California and there has not been one word from that administration. Not one. This is a moment when they should be out front, trying to ease concern of displaced US citizens, promising emergency disaster relief, help from national guard and army corps of engineers if needed, and we get silence.

Spicer instead goes out and makes the lies even worse by creating contradictions from previous statements because YOLO

FEMA looks like it is doing a good job coordinating federally, thankfully. I wonder if Fugate is still in charge.

Oh look, more breaking news about how deep this scandal goes and how long the administration has known

F.B.I. Interviewed Flynn in Trump’s First Days in Office, Officials Say

WASHINGTON — F.B.I. agents interviewed Michael T. Flynn when he was national security adviser in the first days of the Trump administration about his conversations with the Russian ambassador, current and former officials said on Tuesday.

The interview raises the stakes of what so far has been a political scandal that cost Mr. Flynn his job. If he was not entirely honest with the F.B.I., it could expose Mr. Flynn to a felony charge. President Trump asked for Mr. Flynn’s resignation on Monday night.

Shortly after the F.B.I. interview, on Jan. 26, the acting attorney general, Sally Q. Yates, told the White House that Mr. Flynn was vulnerable to Russian blackmail because of inconsistencies between what he had said publicly and what intelligence officials knew to be true.

There's also a lot of conflicting messaging from the administration on whether Flynn voluntarily resigned or if he was asked to resign.

At least he's being honest about it:

Rand Paul on Flynn: 'Makes no sense' to investigate fellow Republicans

"I just don't think it's useful to be doing investigation after investigation, particularly of your own party. We'll never even get started with doing the things we need to do, like repealing Obamacare, if we're spending our whole time having Republicans investigate Republicans. I think it makes no sense."