President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 14, 2017 -> 09:50 PM)
Came here to post that nyt article, also this

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA) said Tuesday that those who leaked the contents of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn’s phone calls “belong in jail.”

“That’s nine leakers that all belong in jail,” Nunes said. “Those nine people broke the law, clearly, by leaking classified information to anybody.

lol

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 14, 2017 -> 05:38 PM)
NYT has updated its story about how the FBI had interviewed Flynn in the first few days, to now say those investigators do not believe he was "entirely forthcoming"

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/po...t.co/mHDa9igK6v

While this is interesting, I'm not sure what this democracy looks like with this FBI that leaks out all details of ongoing investigations.

I think there are agents in the FBI looking for Comey's head. It's possibly there's evidence Comey actively aided Trump. Of course it could just be that someone wants his job.

I would add that this might be what it looks like when a president attempts to undermine American democracy.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 14, 2017 -> 09:58 PM)
lol

There's a rift opening up in Congress. Multiple senators and a rep or two are calling for full investigations, chaffetz is dismissing some things but sending letters on others, and some GOP members are shilling as hard as possible, trying to blame the leakers rather than the core problem or openly wondering why they'd ever investigate their own party.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 14, 2017 -> 10:42 PM)
The republicans control both the House and Senate so there's almost no chance that they'd initiate it. How do you not know this?

How do I not know this? 70 percent of all Americans can't identify all the states on the map. 70 percent of All Americans can't identify various countries on a map. A majority of people read at a fifth grade level.

I never said I was Einstein. Most Americans don't know squat about the House and Senate. I never said I was a genius re. all topics.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 01:19 AM)
How do I not know this? 70 percent of all Americans can't identify all the states on the map. 70 percent of All Americans can't identify various countries on a map. A majority of people read at a fifth grade level.

I never said I was Einstein. Most Americans don't know squat about the House and Senate. I never said I was a genius re. all topics.

this is my favorite post ever.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 12:19 AM)

It's because of that Catholic Education......

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 09:03 AM)
you mean it is bad when you call the CIA a bunch of Nazis, and then show multiple conflicts of interest with a foreign government? Who could possibly have guessed that wouldnt work out well?

Didn't Trump praise the IC a few weeks ago with his little staged speech? Didn't he say no one respects them more than Donald Trump. No one. Didn't he say they all voted for him as well?

I don't think Trump is a traitor. I think he is clueless. He actually did in broad daylight ask the Russians to hack into Hillary's emails. But it is odd he gets into an argument with Austrailia of all countries and has nothing bad to say about Russia.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 09:04 AM)
Didn't Trump praise the IC a few weeks ago with his little staged speech? Didn't he say no one respects them more than Donald Trump. No one. Didn't he say they all voted for him as well?

right right right. "Forget about that nazi thing i said, I love you now and have always loved you, you do good work. My crowds were yuge"

I believe that is verbatim

What we're seeing is fairly predictable in what happens when you go from campaigning to governing and people don't have the other candidate to try and balance out their coverage.

But that said, this is all moving a lot faster than I thought. I did think he'd have a grace period, and I did think he'd buy press with a bunch of Carrier type deals. But, that really does just seem to be a fluke done by the fact that Pence was governor.

Trump went his whole life thinking merely being the center of attention would provide power and people would have to pay attention and respect him if he's President. Now he's President and realizing that it's an actual job that gains respect by recipricating, and showing a seriousness of the position.

Going to be a long, long few years.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 09:47 AM)
It's shocking that people actually think this has been a successful administration so far. This is EASILY the worst start of a new administration in our lifetimes and probably our parents. Its an absolute s*** show.

I think the internet has turned us into Idiocracy.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 09:25 AM)
What we're seeing is fairly predictable in what happens when you go from campaigning to governing and people don't have the other candidate to try and balance out their coverage.

But that said, this is all moving a lot faster than I thought. I did think he'd have a grace period, and I did think he'd buy press with a bunch of Carrier type deals. But, that really does just seem to be a fluke done by the fact that Pence was governor.

Trump went his whole life thinking merely being the center of attention would provide power and people would have to pay attention and respect him if he's President. Now he's President and realizing that it's an actual job that gains respect by recipricating, and showing a seriousness of the position.

Going to be a long, long few years.

He's doing a speed-run of the Nixon Presidency

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 09:28 AM)
I think the internet has turned us into Idiocracy.

Speaking of fake news,

20th Century Fox Used Fake News to Publicize ‘A Cure for Wellness’

Making the most of the fractured political and media landscape, 20th Century Fox created a group of fake news sites as part of a viral marketing campaign for its new film “A Cure for Wellness.” The sites displayed ads for the movie and slipped references to its plot alongside made-up stories about divisive topics like abortion, vaccines and President Trump.

Fox used at least five fake news sites designed to look like local news media — The Sacramento Dispatch, Salt Lake City Guardian, Houston Leader, NY Morning Post and Indianapolis Gazette — to stir online outrage and drum up interest in the movie, which was produced by New Regency Productions and is to come out this week.

It used other fake sites to promote the film as well, including one designed to resemble HealthCare.Gov and another for a fake bottled water company. Regency Enterprises and 20th Century Fox acknowledged their role in the fake news operation in a statement on Tuesday.

This is a bridge too far for me. Is anyone here striking on Friday? If not, I'd consider it. We're at the point where we can't just make calls and sign petitions. We need to take real action - big action. We need thousands engaging in sit ins (outs) outside the White House. We need GOP congressmen berated every time they walk outside. We need to divest our money from the big banks. We need to speak with our wallets. We need to do everything in our power to save this country. I mean, there's a f***ing Russian warship 30 miles from Connecticut.

So I would personally appreciate if any of you would join the Strike on Friday, but if that's not plausible, at least share this event. These truly are desperate times, and we all need to get involved.

#F17Strike Event Page