President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 24, 2017 -> 11:06 PM)
I don't understand why people don't just refuse to comply. It's completely illegal to do this without a warrant.

EDIT: Gotta check my white male privilege on that... It's not as simple for many folks, I'm sure.

Totally.but I'm still going to walk right by one if they try this.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

The media has not reported that the National Debt in my first month went down by $12 billion vs a $200 billion increase in Obama first mo.

Gee, who created that mess that Obama inherited in 2009?

And I thought the US was a carnage-ridden disaster five weeks ago? Amazing recovery.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 25, 2017 -> 08:50 AM)
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

The media has not reported that the National Debt in my first month went down by $12 billion vs a $200 billion increase in Obama first mo.

Gee, who created that mess that Obama inherited in 2009?

And I thought the US was a carnage-ridden disaster five weeks ago? Amazing recovery.

https://twitter.com/jimmyridley/status/835486111958982656

First look at Price's ACA proposal

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/finally-a-ho...-214212240.html

For older people, regulations that limit differences between insurance premiums of young and elderly were capped under the ACA at three-to-one. Under this new bill, they would be increased to five-to-one, meaning premiums for the elderly could skyrocket by 66%.

It’s important to note that this is still a draft, unnamed, numbered, analyzed, or reviewed by the Senate. The biggest takeaway, however, is that the bill will likely not live up to President Donald Trump’s promise of “insurance for everybody."

First off, the bill would kill the unpopular individual mandate, which ensured that not just people with pre-existing conditions would sign up. Instead, under the new bill, people who didn’t have continuous coverage would see a 30% increase in premiums for a year. As Bloomberg’s Steven Dennis noted on Twitter, that means you’d pay a penalty later instead of at tax time. In other words, it’s a mandate by another name—one that gives the illusion of choice as there’s still a penalty for people who choose not to have insurance.

Also, 7 million would likely lose Medicaid coverage, and Planned Parenthood defunded.

Edited by caulfield12

Trump's call for nuclear supremacy raises questions

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/25/politics/tru...enal/index.html

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trum...ssey-nec-235396

Keith Hennessey, who was appointed by President George W. Bush, wrote in his hypothetical memo to Congress that Trump was technically correct that the national debt decreased by $19.6 billion from Jan. 20 to Feb. 23. Hennessey, however, added that if Trump had "ended his timeframe one day earlier this tweet would have been invalid and debt would have increased" by $1 billion in “the first month.” He said this is why "analysts look at debt on an annual basis."

Hennessey said it looked as if Trump got his numbers from Herman Cain, who appeared on "Fox & Friends Weekend" shortly before Trump's tweet.

"Because of his unique communications advantages, President Trump may be able to get away with making an argument with such a weak foundation," Hennessey wrote. "You cannot, and you should not place yourself in the position of having to address the intellectual weaknesses described above. "

Hennessey also noted that former President Barack Obama signed a stimulus package the first month during his presidency and that there was a big difference in the health of the economy in 2009 to 2017.

The former NEC director also wrote that it was "more concerning" that the tweet shows Trump continues to rely on TV rather than his advisers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrats-gop-me...-192015075.html

Governors spar over Medicaid reform

"They want to spend less money on people's health care so they can do tax cuts for the rich. They've tried to put this camouflage on it that somehow they're giving governors flexibility. We've got plenty of flexibility," Democratic Washington Gov. Jay Inslee said. "This is not what we are asking for."

While major changes to former president Barack Obama's signature health care law appear inevitable with Republicans controlling the White House and both houses of Congress, Inslee said there's still a chance that Democrats can win over GOP lawmakers who've been facing angry constituents at town hall meetings.

"People are madder than hops about this. Look, there's four Republican members of the House in the state of Washington, and they're now in the witness-protection program," Inslee said. "We think churches are going to offer them sanctuary at some point, given how mad people are about this."

A recent Kaiser Family Foundation poll shows that 8 in 10 people nationally say lawmakers should preserve federal funding that has allowed states to add coverage for roughly 11 million low-income people. Almost 7 in 10 Republicans agreed, according to the survey by the nonpartisan group.

Edited by caulfield12

Visiting Scholar at Texas A&M "Mistakenly detained" at IAH, after 12 hours was on the verge of being deported before the University's Law School was able to step in to rescue him. States that the officer that arrested him was "inexperienced". Regularly visits A&M, is a Visting Scholar here, works on memory and traumatic events, for extra irony has repeatedly given talks about the Vichy government in France and their role in the Holocaust. French citizen, Senior Researcher at the French National Center for Scientific Research, targeted because he was born in Egypt.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 07:18 AM)
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/politics/don...eaks/index.html

Obama blamed by Trump for both press leaks and town hall protests...shocker

Hilarious. Dude is getting senile by the minute. Jon Stewart had a great segment on him last night. Trump is going to do more for the media and democratic party than they have done for themselves the last decade.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 07:25 AM)
Hilarious. Dude is getting senile by the minute. Jon Stewart had a great segment on him last night. Trump is going to do more for the media and democratic party than they have done for themselves the last decade.

Believe me.

Leaping to West Coast: 29 Bomb Threats Against Jewish Targets Across U.S. in Fifth Wave

This is the fifth such wave in less than two months. Last week, at least 11 Jewish centers in five U.S. states were targeted with bomb threats in a single day. According to the JCC Association, Monday's wave brought the total of called in bomb threats over the last two months to 89 incidents at 72 locations in 30 states and 1 Canadian province.

On Sunday, a Jewish cemetery in Philadelphia became the latest victim of vandalism, when dozens of headstones were broken and toppled in an incident Israel decried as "shocking" and as "a source of worry."

The incident in Mt. Carmel Jewish cemetery comes less than a week after hundreds of Jewish graves were desecrated St. Louis in what many took as a continuation of anti-Jewish incidents, including numerous bombs scares at Jewish centers.

John Oliver was hysterical the other night. He said the old way Trump would scare an immigrant was by texting Melania: will be home early, feeling horny.

He also questioned his transgender bathroom fear with Trump's quote about going into dressing rooms at beauty pageants. Trump seemed to find nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 01:54 PM)
Trump: "Nobody knew healthcare could be so complicated."

Uh, I'm pretty sure anybody paying any attention to the ACA for the past 8 years knows that its incredibly complicated.

No, he's talking about Obamacare.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 12:54 PM)
Trump: "Nobody knew healthcare could be so complicated."

Uh, I'm pretty sure anybody paying any attention to the ACA for the past 8 years knows that its incredibly complicated.

Just watch him when he is reading teleprompters. The guy can barely read.

Of course he didn't know it was complicated because he didn't even know what it was. Remember the comment his employees didn't use it much because they didn't like it?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 01:13 PM)
I also dont understand why people blame ACA for rising rates, the healthcare companies are making record profits, why are they not the issue?

One of my largest customers is a giant healthcare company, they are f***ing SWIMMING in money.

And they always will. It's fool proof. Everyone needs them.