President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)
Not if we ruin the environment and teach people not to take medicine so that they get sick more!

HAHAAA

Trump's secret plan is finally revealing itself.

If people die earlier, they don't need as much healthcare... you might be on to something.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 02:13 PM)
I also dont understand why people blame ACA for rising rates, the healthcare companies are making record profits, why are they not the issue?

One of my largest customers is a giant healthcare company, they are f***ing SWIMMING in money.

So. Much. This.

Oh i remember that, where he called himself the least anti Semitic person ever. And then Jon Stewart pointed out that Trump last year attempted to humiliate him on twitter by telling everyone that his birth name was Leibowitz

President Trump suggests anti-Semitic threats across U.S. are coming from within Jewish community

President Trump appeared to suggest Tuesday that the wave of bomb threats against Jewish community centers across the U.S. could be coming from within the Jewish community itself, according to a Pennsylvania state lawmaker present for the comments.

Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro, who was part of a group of state attorneys general meeting with Trump at the White House Tuesday, relayed Trump's comments about the bomb threats to Buzzfeed News, explaining that the commander-in-chief seemed to indicate he felt some of the threats were being made from the inside, as part of a potential effort "to make others look bad."

"He just said, 'sometimes it's the reverse, to make people, or to make others, look bad,'" Shapiro said, repeating Trump's alleged response to questions during the meeting about the large number of bomb threats against Jewish community centers in recent months.

"It didn't make a whole lot of sense to me," Shapiro said of Trump's remarks.

Earlier Tuesday, a former Trump campaign adviser, Anthony Scaramucci, posted an ambiguous screed to his Twitter wall that appeared to connect the recent bomb threats to Democratic lawmakers.

"It's not yet clear who the #JCC offenders are. Don't forget @TheDemocrats effort to incite violence at Trump rallies," Scaramucci tweeted, along with a link to a story from alt-new site Breitbart alleging that Democrats had hired "trained provocateurs to instigate violence at Republican events" during the 2016 campaign.

w

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 01:39 PM)
And they always will. It's fool proof. Everyone needs them.

And they get to essentially charge whatever they want because nobody really knows how much they are paying or even what they are paying for until they get the bill. I can't think of another industry that works this way.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 27, 2017 -> 02:14 AM)
Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, Trump eats his steak well done. With ketchup!

I know u are joking, but some people probably think Trump is an animal for eating meat. People are not always tolerant when they are vegetarian and others eat meat. I say we need a kinder gentler nation. I'm sick of all the negativity even though I am very very negative these days about the White Sox owner and front office re. the future of our team.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 02:57 PM)
Yea, David Duke tweeted that at him earlier. Giving him some help with talking points

Trump literally echoed exactly the company line from white supremacist rhetoric He really thinks that Jewish people are scaring their own to death to make some small headlines. Its pathetic. He's pathetic

QUOTE (New Era on South Side @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 10:09 PM)
Regardless of this being early in his presidency, the impression that I get is "all talk and no action." Prove yourself or shut up Mr. Populist.

There is no way to do all of the things he promised, but since maybe 50% more are Democrat ideas, Im kind of confused as to what team I am supposed to be cheering for. I get that I dont want to pay more taxes, while I also want cheaper better healthcare, infrastructure improvements and cheaper/better child care.

I just dont understand how we are going to pay for it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 10:17 PM)
There is no way to do all of the things he promised, but since maybe 50% more are Democrat ideas, Im kind of confused as to what team I am supposed to be cheering for. I get that I dont want to pay more taxes, while I also want cheaper better healthcare, infrastructure improvements and cheaper/better child care.

I just dont understand how we are going to pay for it.

Yep, how are we going to pay for it? How will they reduce the deficit? How did Ryan and McConnell just say it was a great speech and remain mum on how to pay for it?

My direct question to him and his supporters would be, "even if the manufacturing jobs did come back, how would they withstand automation? Have you heard of automation and do you know what the impact is?" It is because of automation that I am going back to school for data science so that my job won't be automated in the future. They should consider these fair questions and even consider retraining or investing in green energy jobs, because the fossil fuel won't be around forever, just like the coal.

Edited by New Era on South Side

QUOTE (New Era on South Side @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 10:28 PM)
Yep, how are we going to pay for it? How will they reduce the deficit? How did Ryan and McConnell just say it was a great speech and remain mum on how to pay for it?

My direct question to him and his supporters would be, "even if the manufacturing jobs did come back, how would they withstand automation? Have you heard of automation and do you know what the impact is?" It is because of automation that I am going back to school for data science so that my job won't be automated in the future. They should consider these fair questions and even consider retraining or investing in green energy jobs, because the fossil fuel won't be around forever, just like the coal.

Another problem of automation is going to be income taxes. Workers pay taxes, robots dont.

That being said, I really just am not sure what I am witnessing. Have people become so tied to their "team" they dont even care when their "team" turns into something that doesnt resemble their beliefs?

Its all just a joke. Paul Ryan is up there cheering like a school girl for more spending.

QUOTE (New Era on South Side @ Feb 28, 2017 -> 10:09 PM)
Regardless of this being early in his presidency, the impression that I get is "all talk and no action." Prove yourself or shut up Mr. Populist.

Wait, he hasn't done anything he said he was going to do? How bout:

We've been spending too much overseas and that's going to drastically change. Making preliminary moves like pushing NATO partners to pay more. Check.

Illegals, especially criminal ones will be deported. Check. Already begun.

Countries ripping us off with one sided tariffs are going are going to get them slapped on them too. In the works.

Lots of progress in his first weeks on the job. Mans a workaholic so get ready for a lot steady progress each month.

More investment in infrastructure and military. In the works.