Yordano Ventura, Andy Marte both killed in separate car accidents

bmags

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 22, 2017 -> 10:02 AM)
Holy s***, him and Andy Marte in one night?

Sounds like it was same crash, so I assume they were probably together. Seems like a stretch that it was randomly two baseball players. I am sure we will learn.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 22, 2017 -> 10:06 AM)
Weird, article I read about Marte said he was alone, will keep the title updated

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/22/14350236...inican-republic

Would be so bizarre if they collided with each other.

All premature deaths are sad, but pulls a little harder when it's these players from DR/Cuba that made it from nothing.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 22, 2017 -> 10:10 AM)
Would be so bizarre if they collided with each other.

All premature deaths are sad, but pulls a little harder when it's these players from DR/Cuba that made it from nothing.

Both accidents happened in DR also. So strange

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jan 22, 2017 -> 10:17 AM)
RIP. There's really no excuse for driving while intoxicated anymore.

I dont know if that was the reason. Certainly could have been but no reports yet. Police twitter had the pic. Car fllipped. Didnt look long tbough because they still had the bodies laying there.

Not to turn this political or anything but someone needs to educate the young Latin players on being safe. I know its hard to expect maturity out of early twenty year olds but this is getting ridiculous. How? No idea but I am tired and sad of hearing about these young kids getting killed because of drugs and recklessness.

I don't blame these guys since they probably came from nothing and have the world by the balls now. I did some really stupid stuff when I was in my early twenties. Still, how many more deaths will happen before solutions will be discussed?

I never liked Ventura but this is depressing. My Royals friends are besides themselves right now

Another cautionary tale.

Every minor and major league camp should have an talk about money, speed, alcohol, and pictures of crash sites of Jose Fernandez's boat, and Yordano Ventura's vehicle.

Nodody is immortal, and if you do dumb things impaired and going fast, you can die.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 22, 2017 -> 11:08 AM)
MLB needs to do what's right and actually intervene and set up a comprehensive program to educate and support the players. It's not enough to just bring em over and fill their pockets.

What do you mean support the players? Young people do reckless s***, whether they're baseball players or not. MLB will never be able to change that and quite frankly it's not their responsibly to do so.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 22, 2017 -> 11:17 AM)
What do you mean support the players? Young people do reckless s***, whether they're baseball players or not. MLB will never be able to change that and quite frankly it's not their responsibly to do so.

It's true, but it's another opportunity to educate and have the discussion. After the discussion, it's up to the individual.