Talks on going in Q and Frazier markets

Whisox05

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/01/26/gm-...ing-on-rebuild/

The White Sox continue to carry on discussions with other teams, with left-hander Jose Quintana and third baseman Todd Frazier on the trade market. Asked if the White Sox as currently constructed would be the team that first-year manager Rick Renteria opens spring training with in mid-February, Hahn wasn’t certain.

“I don’t think we’re there yet,” Hahn said. “We’re still having dialogue with other clubs. It is possible we end up finding that match on some of these deals that we’ve been discussing. I’m not quite to that point yet, but there certainly is that possibility.”

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 02:30 PM)
It sounds like Hahn isn't budging but definitely intends on dealing Q and Frazier to the top bidders with this quote. I was reading a lot of that 'de-LaRoche only and not rebuilding' crap which was starting to make me worried.

Which is EXACTLY what he should do.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 02:38 PM)
While that is an obvious statement, I think he meant to include that he will likely go before the season starts. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the fact that Q will be at SoxFest has me thinking he'll be with the team on Opening Day.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 02:54 PM)
You might be the winner with that number. I am going with 25-30 before someone posts another rumor

I'll take the over. :)

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 02:38 PM)
If you want to hear Hahn, he was on with Rongey for five minutes at midnight last night saying goodbye to him, and had those quotes.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/audio/670-the-score-interviews/

I do find it interesting that when Rongey asked hahn about if hes confident in the current group of players they have will be going into the season with, hahn said a decent chance but not yet sure these will be the players and hes having dialogue with teams still. Said if the possibly talks dont turn into trades the next few weeks then maybe the next couple of months into the season.

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (Donaldo @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 06:51 PM)
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the fact that Q will be at SoxFest has me thinking he'll be with the team on Opening Day.

He's still a member of the team. Of course he would be there. What would they say to him? "Hey we are trying to trade you so don't come to Sox fest" haha

Though, I do agree he is probably going to be the Opening Day starter.

Edited by soxfan2014