Robertson to WASH was close, now at stalemate

Whisox05

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 09:24 AM)
Agreed, he's likely expendable. But like I said above, I'm not sure he was the hangup in a deal.

Probably not, but he's a logical piece for the Sox. I don't know how much better he is than Narvaez, but another body isn't a bad thing. He's supposed to be good defensively at the very least.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 09:37 AM)
I've never heard of Diaz or Bautista, so I hope the Sox would say no unless I just need to educate myself on the Nationals system.

Probably this. It's not like we're pro-scouts or know about every player the first time we see a name. I looked them up myself.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 09:40 AM)
Jayson Stark @jaysonst

32s

A team that has been talking with the White Sox says they've been waiting for Nats to sign Wieters to rekindle David Robertson trade talks

@jaysonst White Sox have been looking for a catcher. Derek Norris or Pedro Severino could be potential fits.

https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/834065821940981760

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 09:45 AM)
Derek Norris? I don't see how he fits what the Sox are doing at all. Is he a good pitch framer?

He could actually be a solid buy-low, bounce-back candidate. He was awful last year though. Don't really want him in a deal for Robertson unless it's to help offset some money and we end up getting 2-3 non-catching prospects in a deal.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 09:40 AM)
Jayson Stark @jaysonst

32s

A team that has been talking with the White Sox says they've been waiting for Nats to sign Wieters to rekindle David Robertson trade talks

I want to know who this other team is that the Sox are talking to is dammit!

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 10:01 AM)
A potential big domino of Wieters deal. #WhiteSox need a catcher, and #Nats have a bunch of them now. https://t.co/BVgoSJEGZf

https://twitter.com/MarkZuckerman/status/834065396437245953

Norris or Severino are not good enough to land Robertson, even if the Nationals eat the entire contract

I'd be looking for at least one legitimate prospect plus a catcher like Norris or Severino in return

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 09:43 AM)
I'm sure Severinos defense is advertised, but, I'm kinda questioning why we are falling over ourselves to get a likely backup catcher.

Completely agree here. I'd rather have more upside in a Robertson deal. I'd take Severino along with 2 far away prospects for DRob and like Lawrie or something. Robertson for Severino does nothing for me though.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 10:10 AM)
Completely agree here. I'd rather have more upside in a Robertson deal. I'd take Severino along with 2 far away prospects for DRob and like Lawrie or something. Robertson for Severino does nothing for me though.

I'd take Soto + Severino, Sox kick in some cash and lets make a deal happen

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 10:15 AM)
They won't trade Soto for Robertson.

If the Sox kick in some cash, I could see the Nationals parting with an 18 year old Soto and Severino

They will have added Robertson at a more palatable number for two seasons, and not parted with any prospects close to the majors

I see that as a win win deal