93 Bradley Zimmer Indians CF >100

94 Domingo Leyba D'backs SS >100

95 Victor Caratini Cubs C >100

96 Walker Buehler Dodgers RHP 40

97 Derek Fisher Astros CF >100

98 Eliezer Alvarez Cardinals 2B >100

99 Jason Martin Astros CF >100

100 Dan Vogelbach Mariners 1B >100

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 07:28 AM)
I take it Lopez wasn't eligible?

Also, if you were looking for a reason to like a Glasnow/Keller/Newman package, these rankings probably did it for you. All three ranked in the top 23.

Newman is #24 in ZiPS and #33 in Keith Law's ranking. I'm assuming the numbers to the left are the ZiPS rankings for the top 100. Laws is on the right side. Some guys he has aren't even on his top 100 (>100). I don't have the insider, but I believe that's what it means. Could be wrong of course.

Edited by SoxAce

I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of a Quintana for Glasnow/Keller/Newman trade. If they were to include Craig as a 4th piece, I'd probably take the deal. Obviously I'm willing to wait things out a bit longer for a legit positional headliner, but the offer mentioned previously would be a ton of talent to pass up. Keller is really shooting up the charts and I'm a huge fan of Newman. I think if the Sox believe Glasnow really is an elite starting pitching prospect, I'm struggling to see how the trade deadline could ever result in that much more talent.

I know at some point we need to address the positional side of things, but I think we can eventually do some prospect for prospect trades for bats. A great example would be the Cubs. They have several positional guys who are blocked for the foreseeable future and could definitely use a young, major league starter. Something built around Glasnow & Jimenez could work for both sides. And the great news is we'd pretty much be set up the middle if you believe in Anderson (SS), Newman (2B), Moncada (CF), & Collins ©. That would leave us with only corner spots to fill via free agency or by leveraging our pitching depth.

QUOTE (fredmanrique @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 08:03 AM)
I wish Colorado would go wild and all in.

Q, Abreu, Robertson for

Dahl, Rodgers, Hoffman, Tapia, Pint

I know it'll never happen but how much would Q alone cost...

At some point, I almost feel like Colorado has to make a move like this. At least for Q anyway.

Dodgers will always be good and the Giants are usually good.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 08:25 AM)
I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of a Quintana for Glasnow/Keller/Newman trade. If they were to include Craig as a 4th piece, I'd probably take the deal. Obviously I'm willing to wait things out a bit longer for a legit positional headliner, but the offer mentioned previously would be a ton of talent to pass up. Keller is really shooting up the charts and I'm a huge fan of Newman. I think if the Sox believe Glasnow really is an elite starting pitching prospect, I'm struggling to see how the trade deadline could ever result in that much more talent.

I know at some point we need to address the positional side of things, but I think we can eventually do some prospect for prospect trades for bats. A great example would be the Cubs. They have several positional guys who are blocked for the foreseeable future and could definitely use a young, major league starter. Something built around Glasnow & Jimenez could work for both sides. And the great news is we'd pretty much be set up the middle if you believe in Anderson (SS), Newman (2B), Moncada (CF), & Collins ©. That would leave us with only corner spots to fill via free agency or by leveraging our pitching depth.

Jimenez? Lopez?

Maybe Lopez is no longer eligible because of the 44 IP, you need 50 to lose rookie status, but also there's a number of days on the active roster clause too for rookies. Would have to check.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 08:25 AM)

Jimenez? Lopez?

Maybe Lopez is no longer eligible because of the 44 IP, you need 50 to lose rookie status, but also there's a number of days on the active roster clause too for rookies. Would have to check.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 09:35 AM)
If that's the case, then he should definitely pass. Newman is not an acceptable second piece unless Meadows is the headliner.

Just wondering how current is this listing. Benintendi had over 100 AB in Boston last year so he shouldn't be considered a prospect. Someone who gets called up and stays on MLB roster is not a prospect to me but maybe Zips uses a different criteria.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 07:58 AM)
I'd probably do an Albies/Acuna/Newcomb/+ for Q

I would definitely do this as well. Three top 100 prospects - roughly one top ten, one top 50, one top 100 - seems about even to the Sale deal. Moncada and Kopech are top 20 most likely and Basabe would be around 150.

I think Atlanta was/is just posturing, hoping the price came down far enough. There is little reason for them to trade for Q. Put this in the pipe dream category.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 08:46 AM)
Just wondering how current is this listing. Benintendi had over 100 AB in Boston last year so he shouldn't be considered a prospect. Someone who gets called up and stays on MLB roster is not a prospect to me but maybe Zips uses a different criteria.

130+ AB's to lose rookie status.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 08:31 AM)
Jimenez? Lopez?

Lopez could work too. The point here is we'd have a ton of pitching depth to trade from. And major league ready arms are typically a hot commodity. While a team like the Cubs may not want to empty the top-end of their farm system for Quintana, a one for one trade may be incredibly attractive to them. This example just highlights why it's crazy to focus too much on need when dealing someone like Q. Get the most talent possible and address needs later with some level of reason.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 09:46 AM)

Listing came out this morning

QUOTE (fredmanrique @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 08:03 AM)
I wish Colorado would go wild and all in.

Q, Abreu, Robertson for

Dahl, Rodgers, Hoffman, Tapia, Pint

I know it'll never happen but how much would Q alone cost...

I mean, probably closer to Dahl/Pint/3rd piece. Robertson would add basically none of the rest.

Dahl is really good and already ML proven, don't underrate that.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 09:03 AM)
I mean, probably closer to Dahl/Pint/3rd piece. Robertson would add basically none of the rest.

Dahl is really good and already ML proven, don't underrate that.

Yeah and he did good. If anything, the Rockies would likely be willing to deal Blackmon away somewhere for prospects instead but I think his price is too high. I think they should move CarGo to 1B and let Desmond play OF personally if his is the current roster they break camp with.

QUOTE (fredmanrique @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 09:27 AM)
Have a feeling hahn has been passing on a package with glasnow and newman but not keller up to this point.

I can see this...I'm not the biggest Glasnow fan. I know pitchers grow and develop, but his control issues are real. A lot of Pirates fans agree and say his MiLB numbers are a better pitcher than he is. He's got good stuff, but it's my assumption (based on NOTHING of substance), that if Hahn is looking at Glasnow, it's as a 2nd name instead of the headliner. And I think the Sox as a whole might like Keller better. I believe if they liked Glasnow a ton, a deal would have been made by now.

QUOTE (FT35 @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 10:33 AM)
I can see this...I'm not the biggest Glasnow fan. I know pitchers grow and develop, but his control issues are real. A lot of Pirates fans agree and say his MiLB numbers are a better pitcher than he is. He's got good stuff, but it's my assumption (based on NOTHING of substance), that if Hahn is looking at Glasnow, it's as a 2nd name instead of the headliner. And I think the Sox as a whole might like Keller better. I believe if they liked Glasnow a ton, a deal would have been made by now.

I completely agree that Glasnow would be an underwhelming headliner. I would be happy to have him as a second piece. For whatever reason I am optimistic that he can get that walk rate down. He is only 22 and completely dominated the minors.

Although Rodon was in the majors as a 22 year old he had a walk/9 of 4.6. He cut that down to 2.9 with some of the worst pitch framing in the game.

With some maturity and coaching I can see the same for Glasnow just based on gut feeling (or false hope).

Again, I agree there is too much risk for him being a headliner.