Todd Ritchie

WSFAN35

I think the Sox and him will work out a one year, incentive based deal.

we traded for this guy with the hopes of him being a productive starter. he struggled last season, but we need to sign him again. Obviously not for no $3 mil a season. but if they can work out a new contract, at one year a million dollars or so, it would be worth it.

it could perhaps open up salary, especially if were to dump Lee or Konerko in a trade.

Originally posted by WSFAN35

What the hell are you people talking about.  Konerko not great? Most replaceable?  Please... shoot me now...

he means konerko is most replaceable because of the position he plays...its not hard to find 30 homers and a 280 average at first base..hell the dodgers will probably get close to that from old man fred mcgriff..lol

i like konerko alot and think he should be one of the 4 guys we build around with maggs , frank and buehrle...but if the right deal came along and we had to trade him id be ok with that too...

I agree Baggs. The only thing I really like about Konerko is his attitude. He has a good attitude and the fans respect him. he's probably the only marketable guy on the team.

but if the right deal comes along, where we can get a #2 guy or so, I'd do it. Konerko is good, but a #2 is better.

As far as I know we can't sign him to the beginning of May (Ritchie).

Still, I Would of figured I could find something to verify this. I know now that he hasn't accepted arbitration he can go elsewhere and the Sox can offer him less, its just not for a long time.

Also, did the Sox actually make him an offer at the max discoutn they could get?

The stuff I've read make it seem like they did, but Ritchie would of been nuts to turn something like that down, so I'm assuming the Sox decided to look in another direction.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well we know one thing for sure.. we dont have to see him till may...hopefully by then someone else grabbs him or he just falls off the face of the earth......lol:D

Guest hotsoxchick1

konerko better keep that attitude in check or kw will have him the next one out the door for not being one of the little cutesy kw robots...........