2017 NFL off season thread

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 15, 2017 -> 05:30 PM)
Prayers going out to Todd Heap and his family. Can't even imagine..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washington...r-old-daughter/

This is beyond my worst nightmare. I dont think my body would be able to handle a tragedy like this. The inner torment that he is going through has to be unbearable.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 12:39 PM)
The Bears might be trying to trade down.

http://www.letsbeardown.com/2017/04/18/rep...ade-third-pick/

I just don't see a team being that aggressive. I don't see the Browns new FO valuing two top 3 picks as worth losing a future firsts or seconds. If we can I'd be thrilled, but I'm not holding my breath. The best news would be that some team really valued a QB and wanted to jump over the Jets, but can't place who that would be.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 01:14 PM)
I still think we draft a QB in the 1st round.

So do I. Too much smoke. Leming has thought so all along. Greg Gabriel, Moon Mullin, and Jim Miller all have them taking DeShaun Watson at #3.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 11:15 AM)
So do I. Too much smoke. Leming has thought so all along. Greg Gabriel, Moon Mullin, and Jim Miller all have them taking DeShaun Watson at #3.

I actually think I will be upset if we don't. My view is, this organization has always kind of ignored/not invested in QB. I think we should keep taking QB until we hit on it. We need to also build an infastructure to put that QB in as good of a position to succeed & excel as well. I am pretty much okay taking any of the top QB's (Watson / Kizer / Trubisky / Mahomes). In no particular order. Watson is a great athlete who is supposedly very intelligent and clearly plays great ball with pressure on. Physical limitations from an accuracy perspective, but off the charts intangibles. Kizer is most complete, but I probably like him the least, because of the fact that he really didn't win enough, nor did he produce enough for a big time program. Mahomes is raw, but talented as heck. Far more risk, but I like the overall tools and could see him being one of those spread guys who succeeds (not a day one starter...but I don't believe in such thing anyway...you draft a young QB, you pretty much should expect that we'll suck/struggle for a few years while they take their lumps, imo). Trubisky is pretty good..smaller sample size, but hard to argue the tools.

Personally, I think they will either take a QB @ 3 or trade down and take one slightly later in the draft. The lottery of taking a QB early (to ensure you get your guy) just seems worth it (cause we aren't going to be a perennial winner without at least a good QB and to get that guy...we need to invest in the position). I actually think part of the Glennon signing was to create a better "smoke screen" around the QB position (along with the fact that he can be used as a "bridge" who has some upside (and also provides some protection in the case that no QB you like is available in the 1st), so that teams wouldn't feel they had to trade up ahead of the Bears. It will be interesting to see what happens these last few days leading up to the draft and who, if anyone ends up trading up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2017 -> 02:05 PM)
Matt Miller‏Verified account @nfldraftscout 3h3 hours ago “If you believe the Bears want a QB (at 3), I got a bridge in Arizona for you” - An NFL executive to me today

It should not be this hard for my brain to understand what the f*** you are referring to when you say something like this.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 19, 2017 -> 04:08 PM)
It should not be this hard for my brain to understand what the f*** you are referring to when you say something like this.

I think he means the Bears are not taking a QB, and as much as I like all of Miller's reporting, the dude is... like... never correct.

Bears 2017 Schedule per @BradBiggs

Sept 10 Falcons

Sept 17 at Bucs

Sept 24 Steelers

Thu. Sept 28 at Packers

Mon. Oct. 9 Vikings

Oct. 15 at Ravens

Oct. 22 Panthers

Oct. 29 at Saints

Nov. 5 bye

Nov. 12 Packers

Nov. 19 Lions