Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 12:03 PM)
You think so? I don't think it matters. Same people you are talking about where the people being mentioned when it was said "Sox can never rebuild". Most people I've seen have been completely behind the rebuild. If Q brought back Ian Happ and Eloy Jimenez, I generally don't think the majority of Sox fans would care that was in Cubs rotation. I'd actually like it better because I like watching Q pitch and he'd be on locally.

All you have to do is read the Cubs catch all thread on this page to know the unhealthy obsession many Sox fans have with the Cubs... and that is the diehards. The Joe Average guys are even worse about it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 12:19 PM)
All you have to do is read the Cubs catch all thread on this page to know the unhealthy obsession many Sox fans have with the Cubs... and that is the diehards. The Joe Average guys are even worse about it.

I don't think anyone on Earth hates the Cubs more than me, but if they offer the best package for Q, then I have no problem with him ending up there. It would be annoying and upsetting, but I'm a Sox fan first and foremost. The return for Q is much more important to me than seeing him possibly win a World Series with the Cubs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 12:19 PM)

I don't associate with idiots enough I guess. Cubs are just another team to me. This s*** ended when I became an adult and 2005 was kind of the end of it all.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 12:22 PM)
I don't think anyone on Earth hates the Cubs more than me, but if they offer the best package for Q, then I have no problem with him ending up there. It would be annoying and upsetting, but I'm a Sox fan first and foremost. The return for Q is much more important to me than seeing him possibly win a World Series with the Cubs.

Sure. Do you know how often I used to hear, "I will be happy just to see them win one World Series in my lifetime" pre-2005?

Logic just doesn't apply when the Cubs are involved.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 10:45 AM)
Yeah, so far there have to be a couple of teams kicking themselves at this point.

Terrible news for Kaprelian

He's 23 years old already and has barely pitched in the minor leagues. This sets his timetable to the majors back significantly as he loses this entire season of development, possibly some of next

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 09:31 AM)
Good to know. Didn't know Happ had that much experience in the OF. Did the Cubbies move him to 2B because he sucked in OF? Bad arm? Perceived need at the time?

Like I said, I am all about adding another 3B prospect to the mix, especially as the 3rd or 4th piece of a Q deal, but I like our chances of finding a future 3B out of Saladino, Trey M., Davidson and Delmonico. Mainly Saladino. I just think that dude can play, and I haven't given up on Trey. Davidson and Delmonico are long shots to stick at 3B.

I think Happ's arm is average or a tick better but not sure about his defense. According to the top 100, Happ looks destined for LF. If we can survive Melky in LF I'm sure Happ would be just fine. His bat and eye are what I'm after.

Agree about Davidson and Delmonico. Both should be 1B/DH. I like Saladino and he's fine for third base, I just like Candelerio's age, SH bat and potential for 20HR+ at the 3B position.

One thing for sure, Happ and Candelerio both are hot in Iowa right now. Cubs may end up looking to trade Schwarber for pitching and call up Happ.

I don't count on the Sox and cubs actually making a trade but it is interesting to talk about because the teams match up so well for a trade.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 01:37 PM)
I think Happ's arm is average or a tick better but not sure about his defense. According to the top 100, Happ looks destined for LF. If we can survive Melky in LF I'm sure Happ would be just fine. His bat and eye are what I'm after.

Agree about Davidson and Delmonico. Both should be 1B/DH. I like Saladino and he's fine for third base, I just like Candelerio's age, SH bat and potential for 20HR+ at the 3B position.

One thing for sure, Happ and Candelerio both are hot in Iowa right now. Cubs may end up looking to trade Schwarber for pitching and call up Happ.

I don't count on the Sox and cubs actually making a trade but it is interesting to talk about because the teams match up so well for a trade.

I'm reading Verducci's Cubs book right now and I'd be stunned if they traded Schwarber for anything. Theo loves him. He's their LF forever in my opinion.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 01:37 PM)

Cubs will not trade Schwarber

Happ, Jimenez and Candelario are all totally blocked at the mlb level with no opportunity for playign time in sight

Baez is their 2B, Russell is their SS, Bryant is 3B, Rizzo at 1B, Schwarber will be in left, Heyward in right, and likely Almora in center

They will be forced to trade off the current roster to make space, or the more likely route would be to trade those pieces for mlb pitching to replace Lackey and Arrieta after this season

Quintana would make a ton of sense, but won't come cheap

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 01:59 PM)
Cubs will not trade Schwarber

Happ, Jimenez and Candelario are all totally blocked at the mlb level with no opportunity for playign time in sight

Baez is their 2B, Russell is their SS, Bryant is 3B, Rizzo at 1B, Schwarber will be in left, Heyward in right, and likely Almora in center

They will be forced to trade off the current roster to make space, or the more likely route would be to trade those pieces for mlb pitching to replace Lackey and Arrieta after this season

Quintana would make a ton of sense, but won't come cheap

They basically need Heyward to put up a good season this year and next or next year and the year after and hope he opts out.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 02:00 PM)
They basically need Heyward to put up a good season this year and next or next year and the year after and hope he opts out.

Perhaps, but they cannot assume that he will opt out when he is on a stacked contending team

Jimenez, Candelario and Happ have nowhere to play or get regular at bats and will have to be dealt unless room is made for them

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 02:14 PM)
Besides Kaprilian (major spelling error here) what do yhe Yankees have in the minors for pitching? Once Tanaka opts out and Sabathia is gone what options will they have?

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=nyy

Sheffield

Adams

Montgomery

Acevedo

Abreu

Tate

Clarkin

Green

I am such a petty Sox fan.

It has brought me a lot of joy to see the Pirates terrible start out of spite. Just because of a couple Pirate fans on social media that have gushed over their team being sooooo awesome and them giving up any of their top prospects for Q would be ridiculous because of their great potential is just too valuable for a guy like Q.

I know its early but like I said, I am petty.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 04:14 PM)

It has brought me a lot of joy to see the Pirates terrible start out of spite. Just because of a couple Pirate fans on social media that have gushed over their team being sooooo awesome and them giving up any of their top prospects for Q would be ridiculous because of their great potential is just too valuable for a guy like Q.

I would rather see them be competitive/potential buyers than suck and not be in the mix in the summer.

Off topic, but I'm starting to think we need a "closer watch" type of thread for the teams having bullpen issues in regards to potential Robertson deals.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 04:16 PM)
I would rather see them be competitive/potential buyers than suck and not be in the mix in the summer.

I know man. I am just being petty.

And they arent off to THAT bad of a start but its been bad enough for them to realize they need more.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 04:14 PM)

Thats how I feel about the Astros

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 04:16 PM)

Off topic, but I'm starting to think we need a "closer watch" type of thread for the teams having bullpen issues in regards to potential Robertson deals.

I agree with you. I think Robertson could end up one of the late May/early June trades if he keeps this up.