Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 04:26 PM)
Adams has a WHIP of 1 , ERA 1.78, k>1 per inning. Fowler also at AAA, 20%k rate, OPS .863 (better than Frazier) and 11sb with improved D. Andujar about 16% k rate . BA .312 OPS .836 at AA. All three 22 years old and by being closer to the majors less risky to me. I wanted one more player but these three are all highly thought of and performing. I would certainly not turn down another prospect but Frazier to me is mainly a salary dump. Doubt you get more than a couple C type prospects without paying his way.

Without a big headliner like Frazier/Rutherford, it's not worth it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when the midseason rankings come out, the differences between these players will narrow and some may even switch. I would just like to see moves being made because I am bored and I understand a bad move is worse than no move. If Frazier goes, I think you get to evaluate Davidson in the field over time and see what Delmonico's bat might look like at DH.

John Calvagno from notes from the sally released his mid season top 25 list today link

Many prospects that have been discussed for various trades make his list including everyone's new favorite Estevan Floria as well as Alec Hansen and Dane Dunning.

heres a link to Floria's first look as well as blake rutherford's link

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 03:47 PM)
Torres needs Tommy John apparently. I wonder if the Yanks would make him available for Q.

On his non-throwing arm.

Edit: Just saw this was mentioned earlier.

Edited by oldsox

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 04:07 PM)
Q and Frazier for Adams, Andujar, and Fowler. We get another player if they want us to take Headleys contract for tax purposes.

That would send soxtalk into utter chaos. What a terrible proposal.

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 03:35 PM)
I think when the midseason rankings come out, the differences between these players will narrow and some may even switch. I would just like to see moves being made because I am bored and I understand a bad move is worse than no move. If Frazier goes, I think you get to evaluate Davidson in the field over time and see what Delmonico's bat might look like at DH.

I agree with this as Fowler was a legit prospect coming into this year. He has only continued on his success this year. He is probably a Top 75 Prospect if not higher. Also, He plays centerfield which would be nice for the Sox.

Something to note is Andujar did get promoted to AAA yesterday. He too would be a huge get as he is probably rated the best defensive 3B in the minors right now.

QUOTE (kwill @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 10:29 PM)
Something to note is Andujar did get promoted to AAA yesterday. He too would be a huge get as he is probably rated the best defensive 3B in the minors right now.

But he's gonna block Jake Burger!!

I agree with this as Fowler was a legit prospect coming into this year. He has only continued on his success this year. He is probably a Top 75 Prospect if not higher. Also, He plays centerfield which would be nice for the Sox.

In twitter, Sherman or Heyman noted that Andujar was promoted before they knew full extent of Torres injury so it may not be a long term promotion.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 08:06 AM)
In twitter, Sherman or Heyman noted that Andujar was promoted before they knew full extent of Torres injury so it may not be a long term promotion.

I'm sure the plan was for it not to be long-term but the dude has been hitting at Double-A. I bet he stays at Triple-A rest of the year.

Andujar has to prove that he can hit over a the course of a season. He has struggled and there was a lot of talk about moving him to the mound last fall due to how bad his bat was lagging. Scouting reports on him also say he is not a very good defender at 3B but his arm makes up for some of his deficiencies. Andujar would be an interesting second piece in a deal.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 09:06 AM)
Andujar has to prove that he can hit over a the course of a season. He has struggled and there was a lot of talk about moving him to the mound last fall due to how bad his bat was lagging. Scouting reports on him also say he is not a very good defender at 3B but his arm makes up for some of his deficiencies. Andujar would be an interesting second piece in a deal.

A guy just said a few posts ago that he is the best defensive 3B in the minors. Quite a swing.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 09:36 AM)
A guy just said a few posts ago that he is the best defensive 3B in the minors. Quite a swing.

This is from the pipeline write up on him:

"Despite his offensive potential, there's no question that Andujar's most impressive tool is his cannon of an arm. His hands and range are suited for third base, though he still lacks consistency there."

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=nyy

John Sickels minor league ball write up:

"polarizing prospect; tools are obvious including 70-grade arm and 60-grade raw power but hitting approach is inconsistent, as is his fielding; on the right day he plays like a star but has trouble maintaining consistency with his approach"

https://www.minorleagueball.com/2016/12/6/1...spects-for-2017

I believe he is the best the Yankees have, but Arroyo and Chapman easily rank in front of him defensively. It sounds like his issues are mostly related to being a bit raw still, so he still has the ability there to become a good defender. Its not like he is going to outgrow the position or lacks quickness or reflexes to play the position. I believe he has the best arm of any 3B in the minors, but sounds like he has had issues making the plays he should make.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 09:47 AM)
This is from the pipeline write up on him:

"Despite his offensive potential, there's no question that Andujar's most impressive tool is his cannon of an arm. His hands and range are suited for third base, though he still lacks consistency there."

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=nyy

John Sickels minor league ball write up:

"polarizing prospect; tools are obvious including 70-grade arm and 60-grade raw power but hitting approach is inconsistent, as is his fielding; on the right day he plays like a star but has trouble maintaining consistency with his approach"

https://www.minorleagueball.com/2016/12/6/1...spects-for-2017

I believe he is the best the Yankees have, but Arroyo and Chapman easily rank in front of him defensively. It sounds like his issues are mostly related to being a bit raw still, so he still has the ability there to become a good defender. Its not like he is going to outgrow the position or lacks quickness or reflexes to play the position. I believe he has the best arm of any 3B in the minors, but sounds like he has had issues making the plays he should make.

Sounds a lot like Tim Anderson in the field.

QUOTE (turnin' two @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 07:55 PM)
The problem is, oddly enough, the Rockies pitching has been pretty solid.

Yes but they have younger guys that will need to pitch deep in the season and post season. Not sure some of those arms are going to be full strength as the season goes on. Plus you can never have enough pitching.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 08:18 PM)
Yes but they have younger guys that will need to pitch deep in the season and post season. Not sure some of those arms are going to be full strength as the season goes on. Plus you can never have enough pitching.

Very true, but they may not have the urgency to trade one of the game's top prospects.

QUOTE (turnin' two @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 08:21 PM)
Very true, but they may not have the urgency to trade one of the game's top prospects.

Same thought with nationals not wanting to trade anymore top spects for bullpen arms but look where it got them

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 01:37 AM)
Same thought with nationals not wanting to trade anymore top spects for bullpen arms but look where it got them

There was a rumor this week that Nats could be interested in Gray as a closer this year.