Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 02:27 PM)
We'll see. I don't think they will either but their fans can enjoy getting bounced from the playoffs by the Cubs again in October.

Frankly, that would probably happen with or without Quintana.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 03:25 PM)
Q won't be bringing back Bellinger

I don't think LA will move Bellinger either, but it would take a heck of a depth package for LA to be able to get a deal doen without him

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 03:57 PM)
I don't think LA will move Bellinger either, but it would take a heck of a depth package for LA to be able to get a deal doen without him

I think they can get it done fairly easily using Verdugo, Alvarez, and Calhoun

Q won't bring back this guy Q won't bring back that guy. When you say that you are proving the theory if the Sox keep drafting and trading for pitchers they can easily be flipped for similarly ranked hitters as false.

Whatever team wants Q needs to haverify some hitters as headliners

Edited by Dick Allen

Since there has been a lull in trade talk and even though I don’t forsee any trade for Quintana happening until closer to the trade deadline, I’d like to take a crack at what might happen.

I think that in order to complete a trade you will probably need to make it a three way deal in order to get the prospects that we need in return. It seems that too many teams are putting too many of their prospects “off limits” for us to get the type of return that we would like. If we use multiple teams we might get closer to the type of return we need.

I would propose trading “Q” to the Astros for For Kyle Tucker, Francis Martes, Franklin Perez and the second round pick the Astros got from St Louis for the spying scandal(I think that pick is available for trading). I would then trade Francis Martes to the Cubs for Ian Happ.

I have to admit I am big fan of Happ and was somewhat disappointed when the Sox took Carson Fulmer over Happ in the 2015 draft. I would see Happ moving to left field with the Sox. The Cubs need pitching and have no real prospects that would be available this year. The Sox need position players and Happ is blocked from the Cubs current big league roster. I also like the fact he is a switch hitter like Moncada. This would give us two solid position prospects with plus hitting skills one available to join this year (Happ) while we wait a couple of years of Tucker to be ready.

I also considered trading Franklin Perez but I think he could be something special. I like the idea of him being available with Alec Hansen and Dane Dunning in 2019. I also like the flexibility that the extra pick would add to the draft plan for this year like it did last year.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 02:53 PM)
Who are the guys and what are their projected WAR/innings?

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2017-positi...-rotation-1-15/

Karshaw - a lot of WAR

Hill - 2.8 WAR over 140 IP

Maeda - 2.8 WAR over 154 IP

McCarthy - 1.5 WAR over 121 IP

Wood - 1.4 WAR over 94 IP

Urias - 1.9 WAR over 102 IP

Kazmir - 1.1 WAR over 73 IP

Ryu - 0.7 WAR over 47 IP

QUOTE (2Dbill @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 04:06 PM)
Since there has been a lull in trade talk and even though I don’t forsee any trade for Quintana happening until closer to the trade deadline, I’d like to take a crack at what might happen.

I think that in order to complete a trade you will probably need to make it a three way deal in order to get the prospects that we need in return. It seems that too many teams are putting too many of their prospects “off limits” for us to get the type of return that we would like. If we use multiple teams we might get closer to the type of return we need.

I would propose trading “Q” to the Astros for For Kyle Tucker, Francis Martes, Franklin Perez and the second round pick the Astros got from St Louis for the spying scandal(I think that pick is available for trading). I would then trade Francis Martes to the Cubs for Ian Happ.

I have to admit I am big fan of Happ and was somewhat disappointed when the Sox took Carson Fulmer over Happ in the 2015 draft. I would see Happ moving to left field with the Sox. The Cubs need pitching and have no real prospects that would be available this year. The Sox need position players and Happ is blocked from the Cubs current big league roster. I also like the fact he is a switch hitter like Moncada. This would give us two solid position prospects with plus hitting skills one available to join this year (Happ) while we wait a couple of years of Tucker to be ready.

I also considered trading Franklin Perez but I think he could be something special. I like the idea of him being available with Alec Hansen and Dane Dunning in 2019. I also like the flexibility that the extra pick would add to the draft plan for this year like it did last year.

Interesting proposal. I like the three-way angle, and we know Rick Hahn historically does as well! Is Tucker, Happ, Perez and a second-round pick enough for Q? It will be very interesting to follow Tucker the first few months in the minors this year to see how his stock rises or stagnates.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 8, 2017 -> 11:16 AM)
Blister was a recurring issue a lot of last year for him.

freidman (sp?) said in an interview the other day that he doesn't consider a starting staff to be 6 or 7 pitchers he looks at 9 to 10 with injuries and fatigue.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 8, 2017 -> 11:21 AM)
freidman (sp?) said in an interview the other day that he doesn't consider a starting staff to be 6 or 7 pitchers he looks at 9 to 10 with injuries and fatigue.

And thats great and all but have you seen that division? They don't really need a ton of depth to win the division. I'd honestly have no faith in any of those guys past Kershaw in the post season.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 8, 2017 -> 01:04 PM)
Jon Morosi‏Verified account @jonmorosi 11m11 minutes ago

#Astros need for rotation help increases. RHP Collin McHugh won't throw for 6 weeks; posterior impingement of his right elbow. @MLBNetwork

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 8, 2017 -> 01:13 PM)
Bob Nightengale‏Verified account @BNightengale 18s19 seconds ago

More

Now that #Astros Collin McHugh is shut down for 6 weeks, only natural to wonder if this could re-start Jose Quintana trade talks w #WhiteSox

Just got to hope the internal options struggle. If so, I have no doubts Luhnow panics and comes crawling back to us sooner rather than later. He should be under some serious pressure at this point to deliver a winner.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 8, 2017 -> 11:13 AM)
Bob Nightengale‏Verified account @BNightengale 18s19 seconds ago

More

Now that #Astros Collin McHugh is shut down for 6 weeks, only natural to wonder if this could re-start Jose Quintana trade talks w #WhiteSox

Oh boy, here we go... again.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 8, 2017 -> 01:30 PM)
Just got to hope the internal options struggle. If so, I have no doubts Luhnow panics and comes crawling back to us sooner rather than later. He should be under some serious pressure at this point to deliver a winner.

This I am in agreement with. Given their quotes this offseason, it seemed their mentality leaned towards comfort in going into the season with their current rotation, but McCullers has been injury prone, Morton has been injury prone, and McHugh is out now. They have talented pitchers, but talented pitchers don't always come up and pitch well right away. Look no further than the AL Central - Giolito struggled last year, Berrios was a train wreck, and Bauer hasn't lived up to his prospect status either.

I could see this heating up even before June, as long as Quintana is his normal self.