Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

QUOTE (AJUribe @ Apr 9, 2017 -> 11:45 PM)
Basically Q is going to be awful for us because it is simply impossible for him to care when he knows he's getting traded and it completely effects his entire psyche. Hahn's a ballbreaker and l think he'd rather sit on Q before taking a penny less than his preseason asking price.

Gee, you're right, Quintana sure was awful on Sunday.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AJUribe @ Apr 9, 2017 -> 11:45 PM)
I've heard whispers he may be available by the trade deadline. From my sources losing the first two starts have tempered interests in a few possibly contending team.

Yeah, that losing start yesterday was horrible. 2 runs allowed?! Contending teams don't want a guy like that!

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 10, 2017 -> 07:50 PM)
Some of you guys have terrible sarcasm or tongue in cheek detectors. That post was just poking fun at Levine and his non-information.

Millenials........

QUOTE (Soha @ Apr 10, 2017 -> 09:29 PM)
And Austin Meadows has started the season 1 for 14 with 8 strikeouts in AAA...hurry, call him up Rick!

Meadows looked great in ST. I am sure he will turn that around.

Those atats from both Glasnow and Meadows are ugly though. Will be interesting to see how they develop going forward.

I'm hoping the Dbacks and Rox can keep the gas on and drive up the price of for Q. Tapia has started off the season on fire down at AAA, Rodgers is on the 7-day DL and hasn't started and Pint had a solid debut on the farm as well.

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 12:03 AM)
I'm hoping the Dbacks and Rox can keep the gas on and drive up the price of for Q. Tapia has started off the season on fire down at AAA, Rodgers is on the 7-day DL and hasn't started and Pint had a solid debut on the farm as well.

Same here, but Rox will then try to make Hoffman the centerpiece of the Q trade. I don't like that. When Dahl and Desmond get off the DL, they should be interesting team to watch.

Remember, Rockies made a horrible trade when they sent Tulo to Toronto, and all they have left is Hoffman. They got lucky when Story emerged as ML quality SS, but they still made a horrible deal. All I'm saying is, they might be gun shy to pull off a major trade, but they do have some interesting pieces.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 10, 2017 -> 10:40 PM)
They're going to be fine going forward. I'm really high on Glasnow.

Hard pass on Glasnow. The stuff is not that special and his control is terrible

More patient mlb hitters will take the walks he dishes out, and sit on his fastball

QUOTE (oldsox @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 06:03 AM)
Same here, but Rox will then try to make Hoffman the centerpiece of the Q trade. I don't like that. When Dahl and Desmond get off the DL, they should be interesting team to watch.

Remember, Rockies made a horrible trade when they sent Tulo to Toronto, and all they have left is Hoffman. They got lucky when Story emerged as ML quality SS, but they still made a horrible deal. All I'm saying is, they might be gun shy to pull off a major trade, but they do have some interesting pieces.

No way they risk another TJ second surgery case study with Giolito already a significant bust risk. No to Hoffman.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 08:36 AM)
I will go into the fetal position and cry for a month if Glasnow is the headliner in a Quintana trade.

I don't think it will be and I see a deal with Pittsburgh very unlikely (as I've been saying since the very first rumor). I'm thinking Houston eventually ponies up.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 07:03 AM)

Different people in charge now though.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 09:30 AM)
Me too. The only time I wanted Glasnow was when we were trading Peavy.

He's far enough into his development that not throwing strikes at this stage is cause for great concern

His command is 40 Grade at best, leading to tons of deep counts and loads of walks. Only 22 of his 43 pitches were for strikes in his recent start and that just will not cut it at the mlb level.

I am concerned about Giolito's bust risk, but at least he doesn't regularly walk batters

Glasnow to me will end up being a two pitch reliever, who might be effective in a setup role

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 08:47 AM)
I don't think it will be and I see a deal with Pittsburgh very unlikely (as I've been saying since the very first rumor). I'm thinking Houston eventually ponies up.

My thinking is, Houston has had 5001 opportunities to trade for Q and wouldn't budge. I just don't see it happening with them. My guess is it happens to a team that hasn't been one of the more rumored teams for Quintana. Teams like the Nats, Dodgers, Red Sox (gasp!) or Cubs maybe. It will depend on how the playoff scenarios develop and who's starting pitching has injuries/underperformers, etc.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 10:09 AM)
I am scared to death of Glasnow. That walk total is a huge redflag, like a huge K total for a hitter.

I agree with this. And on top of that, there's almost no circumstances where a pitcher headlining a deal for Q is acceptable. The Sox need to bring bats back if they move him.

QUOTE (Soha @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 10:12 AM)
I agree with this. And on top of that, there's almost no circumstances where a pitcher headlining a deal for Q is acceptable. The Sox need to bring bats back if they move him.

I am the biggest bandwagoner for hitting on Soxtalk, but even I can recognize the difference between getting a top notch pitcher, and getting one with gigantic flaws.