Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

Q is a terrific #2 SP who has numbers that suggest he is a poor man's #1. Anyone without that view either doesn't know Q or is incorrect (as has been proven time and time again by Q).

If he is on a contender that has a good offense and doesn't play in a bottom 5 pitcher's park he gives you 200 IP in 30+ starts and 15-20 wins with an ERA under 4. If it's a NL team that ERA might be closer to 3 than 4.

End of story. That NL scout might not have a job for much longer. Way to embarrass NL scouts as a whole. That won't be appreciated.

*I'm not fluent in advanced baseball statistics. I won't attempt to act like I am but we have enough advanced Q stats in this thread already.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just speculating based on need.

Orioles - I don't know what their farm has, but they need pitching.

Rangers - Need him especially with Darvish upcoming FA.

Brewers - if the Cubs aren't the Cubs, this division is lousy. I don't know if the Brewers are for real, but if they are, their pitching could use an upgrade. Note that in 2015, year 1 of Astros resurgence, they were packing off prospects; Milwaukee per reports also has deep farm.

Cardinals - Their 5 starters are doing pretty well and the one who isn't is Wainright. Still, they seem a bit flimsy and things could change in 2 months.

Mariners - Their rotation has been devastated. The record is poor, but this was a definite "go for it" year. Is it still?

Then these teams need to go out and sign an ace. Over the next 3 3/4 seasons, Q is owed around $36 million at this point. During the same time they could get a real ace like David Price, who the Red Sox have already paid more than Q is owed, and over the next 3 3/4 seasons he is owed another $115 million. Plus you will have to pay him for the declining years even more.

If we land Robert, let's just keep Q. After reading the article I just want him to stay and make the haters shut up. Dude is a stud that get no respect, or run support for that matter. I wouldn't be upset if we got a good package for him but honestly I'm currently in the corner to just keep him.

https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/red-sox/re...erious-trouble/

Price really struggled in his first rehab start.

Red Sox could really use Frazier, Quintana or both, but at what cost? Devers, obviously...

Could potentially buy low on Odor and Profar, but timeframe is off and Mazara/Gallo are higher in value...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 20, 2017 -> 09:21 AM)
https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/red-sox/re...erious-trouble/

Price really struggled in his first rehab start.

Red Sox could really use Frazier, Quintana or both, but at what cost? Devers, obviously...

Could potentially buy low on Odor and Profar, but timeframe is off and Mazara/Gallo are higher in value...

Gallo does not have more value than Odor.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 20, 2017 -> 10:50 AM)
Quintana and Swarzak to the Brewers for Ray, Diaz, Phillips and Gatewood. Who says no?

Brewers. They aren't going to take a shortcut like that.

Do the Sox have a year they're hypothetically going for it? And if so do they target prospects who project to be in the majors around that time? Or do they go for best prospect regardless of their level?

If the Sox aim is 2020 do they target players in R or A league hoping they'll be in the Chicago by 2020/2021?

If the Sox aim is 2019 do they target players in AA/AAA or even ML players under control for 5 years, or whatever, like what Eaton was?

Or, is it just best player regardless of where they are?

Edited by ypres

With how well Judge has played this year, Ellsbury going nowhere anytime soon, Harper eventually a strong possibility, and a rising Dustin Fowler at AAA, I really think Clint Frazier & Blake Rutherford could be readily available in a Quintana deal. Throw in a young arm and that's a very attractive package IMO and one the Yankees might actually agreento. It should be obvious to everyone they need to add a couple veteran arms to the top of their rotation if they ever want to be serious contenders.

QUOTE (SouthSide2004 @ May 20, 2017 -> 05:04 PM)
With how well Judge has played this year, Ellsbury going nowhere anytime soon, Harper eventually a strong possibility, and a rising Dustin Fowler at AAA, I really think Clint Frazier & Blake Rutherford could be readily available in a Quintana deal. Throw in a young arm and that's a very attractive package IMO and one the Yankees might actually agreento. It should be obvious to everyone they need to add a couple veteran arms to the top of their rotation if they ever want to be serious contenders.

Yeah I would almost guarantee Yankees sign one of Harper/Machado that off season. Of course, maybe they can pull off Harper and Donaldson.

QUOTE (ypres @ May 20, 2017 -> 12:40 PM)
Do the Sox have a year they're hypothetically going for it? And if so do they target prospects who project to be in the majors around that time? Or do they go for best prospect regardless of their level?

If the Sox aim is 2020 do they target players in R or A league hoping they'll be in the Chicago by 2020/2021?

If the Sox aim is 2019 do they target players in AA/AAA or even ML players under control for 5 years, or whatever, like what Eaton was?

Or, is it just best player regardless of where they are?

2018, .500ish second half

2019, playoff contender but fall short (but could be similar to Cubs in 2015)

2020 should be expected to compete for playoffs and wild card from get go

Tanaka has a mid 6's era now and Pomeranz is close to 5 for a Boston, Porcello also scuffling...David Price struggled mightily in first rehab start.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SouthSide2004 @ May 20, 2017 -> 05:04 PM)

Think Frazier, Rutherford, Fowler would be too much?

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 20, 2017 -> 01:42 PM)
Would seem that Keuchel to the DL might be the kicker now...who knows if this will be a lingering problem.

His stiff neck is considered minor with missing only one start (but we'll see...)

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 20, 2017 -> 07:42 PM)
Would seem that Keuchel to the DL might be the kicker now...who knows if this will be a lingering problem.

Sounds like Astros have their sights set on Cole. Don't blame them, probably a better fit

QUOTE (SouthSide2004 @ May 20, 2017 -> 08:54 PM)
I don't think they'd trade all three OF prospects in one deal. I think you'd have to get an arm as the third piece.

The Sox have a lot of arms as is and given a choice between Frazier and Fowler, I might take Fowler.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2017 -> 09:06 PM)
Sounds like Astros have their sights set on Cole. Don't blame them, probably a better fit

Quintana comes with an additional season of control, which you certainly cannot discount that value.

Bleacher report proposed: Quintana for Fisher, Paulino, Perez and Cameron

Certainly a very interesting proposal due to the depth, but not getting Tucker or Martes is curious.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ May 23, 2017 -> 03:52 PM)
Quintana comes with an additional season of control, which you certainly cannot discount that value.

Bleacher report proposed: Quintana for Fisher, Paulino, Perez and Cameron

Certainly a very interesting proposal due to the depth, but not getting Tucker or Martes is curious.

It's 4 top 100s (by some counts) and if you get Tucker/Martes, you won't get much else.

If Sox don't think thatd Tucker/Martes are that far ahead of the other group, then do it.