Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 04:07 PM)
My guess is the White Sox want Torres and want to deal with the Yankees.

Torres is not being moved by the Yankees, lets face it

Pirates won't part with what it would take

Braves or Astros make the most sense

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 03:48 PM)
"Martes and Tucker and after that I would love:

One of:

Franklin Perez

Ramon Laureano

Garrett Stubbs

One of:

Daz Cameron

Jason Martin

Miguelangel Sierra"

Martes + Tucker + Perez/Laureano/Stubbs + Cameron/Martin/Sierra would be a very compelling offer that I would find hard to pass up

I do not see Houston being willing to offer up 4 top 12 organizational prospects though

Then no soup for you.

Martes and Tucker are musts.

Then two of Fischer, Reed, Perez, Whitley and Stubbs.

I would personally be OK with no Martes, but I'd want something like Tucker, Fischer, Reed, Stubbs and Perez in that case.

Bruce Levine‏ @MLBBruceLevine 14m14 minutes ago

More

WhSox Rick Renteria said he will announce rotation in the next two days. Does Quintana trade status impact this ?

Bruce always trying to get a piece of the obvious...

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 03:38 PM)
I still would say 90% chance that Quintana is on the White Sox roster by opening day

Teams know the price, Sox have zero reason to budge

I would have said 99% two days ago, but it is interesting that this is still coming up. Typically teams don't make major deals during the stretch from spring training until about the middle of June. But with the White Sox, they don't seem to care about those norms.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 04:20 PM)
I would have said 99% two days ago, but it is interesting that this is still coming up. Typically teams don't make major deals during the stretch from spring training until about the middle of June. But with the White Sox, they don't seem to care about those norms.

The only recent one I can think of is I believe the Craig Kimbrel trade from Atlanta to San Diego happening a day before the season started.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 03:12 PM)
Then no soup for you.

I would personally be OK with no Martes, but I'd want something like Tucker, Fischer, Reed, Stubbs and Perez in that case.

Is nobody interested in Yordan Alverez? I know he is a 1b but he seems like an interesting prospect to me.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 04:12 PM)
Then no soup for you.

Wishful thinking

No organization is going to send (5) top 15 organizational prospects in exchange for 1 player

This has been talked about to death over the winter

End of the day a potential deal will look like: 2 top 5 organizational prospects (that are top 50 overall talents) plus one or two more B level prospects to round out the deal

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 04:12 PM)
Then no soup for you.

That's in the ballpark for me. Maybe sub Laureano for Fischer. I doubt the Astros would do a 5-for-1 though.

QUOTE (yesterday333 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 04:21 PM)
Is nobody interested in Yordan Alverez? I know he is a 1b but he seems like an interesting prospect to me.

As a final deal sweetener? perhaps, but as a significant piece? No way

His value is 100% tied to the bat, as he projects as a below average fielder with below average speed at first base

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 04:22 PM)
Wishful thinking

No organization is going to send (5) top 15 organizational prospects in exchange for 1 player

End of the day a potential deal will look like: 2 top 5 organizational prospects (that are top 50 overall talents) plus one or two more B level prospects to round out the deal

Probably, but I guess Tucker and especially Martes don't get me all that excited. I want depth if we deal with the Stros.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 04:36 PM)
Probably, but I guess Tucker and especially Martes don't get me all that excited. I want depth if we deal with the Stros.

They might not be truly elite prospects, but they are the best in the Astros farm by a considerable margin

The Astros have the farm to make a deal happen, but seem reluctant to pull the trigger at a time when they absolutely should go all in

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 04:22 PM)
Wishful thinking

Once you get past Martes and Tucker in the deal, the rest of the guys the Sox would be getting are probably B to C level prospects.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 04:44 PM)
Once you get past Martes and Tucker in the deal, the rest of the guys the Sox would be getting are probably B to C level prospects.

If I had to be realistic and predict a possible trade for both sides:

Martes + Tucker + Hernandez or Laureano + Alcala

Tucker + Reed+Whitley/F Perez + Laureano/Stubbs

Reed has enjoyed a very nice spring. His MLB strikeouts might be like Moncada in depressing his value. He only had about 250 ab above AA and is 23 years old. Houston would get Q without giving up their prime pitching prospects but Sox would get a couple top 100 prospects and good depth in the package and 3 position prospects and a pitcher in the second/third wave of sox pitching prospects.

I just don't see the Astros ponying up yet. I feel like they'll need a little bit of panick to ensue before they ultimately decide to pay the high price it will take to land Quintana. I think that's pretty crazy as they're a TOR starter away from being neck & neck with the Red Sox & Indians, but Luhnow is apparently overvaluing his prospects at the moment.

It looks like Hahn is making a push to move him prior to opening day. Makes sense.

Spring training pitching is an all-you-eat buffet for AAAA hitters. You just can't make much of the hitting stats. Reed is fine as a throw-in, but he's got to show he can hit real pitching; and he's not in shape so it's not like we'd be getting a Konerko. He's a pudgy slugger type if he figures it out.