No call list will take affect

southsider2k5

I use caller ID and my answer machine. I am hoping that since my phone will be disconnected for over a month due to additions and remodeling being done to myu house that they will remove the number thinking it is a dead or no longer used number. If not, my caller ID and answering machine will be fired up, ready to go.

I can understand about the "why only commercial, why not charities and political beggars," but how in heck is this against the first amendment?

Don't worry. This liberal judge's ruling will be taken care of by the US House and Senate.

I am not sure liberal/conservative have anything to do with. I think it is either a nice check deposited to his account or his need for attention. Like I said,I understand the first part of it, but the 1st Amendment part throws me for a loop.

I am not sure liberal/conservative have anything to do with.  I think it is either a nice check deposited to his account or his need for attention.  Like I said,I understand the first part of it, but the 1st Amendment part throws me for a loop.

The judge is one of Oklahoma's most liberal if I'm not mistaken. This was bound to happen eventually though. You don't have the right to make your life easier by your own choosing anymore. At least lawyers don't think you have that right.

If people are paying extra to have their number unlisted, why can't we just fine the companies that call unlisted numbers? Why can't they make the companies use their company name and phone number show up on caller id like the rest of us instead of out of area? I have no problem with people calling to sell their product, but they should not be allowed to call an unlisted number or be able to hide behind an out of area number.

Don't worry. This liberal judge's ruling will be taken care of by the US House and Senate.

They already too care of the ruling that the FTC didn't have the authority to proceed. The problem is the second ruling that says the DNS list violates commercial free speech. It is going to take the supreme court to change that.

Just going to tell you how I handled the telemarketer problem. Since I work midnight shift, telemarketers were a real problem for me. Their calls would wake me up several times a day and turning off my phone was not an option at that time. So, whenever I received a call from a telemarketer I would ... get this, it'll shock you.... politely explain my situation to them and ask them to delete me from their calling lists. The calls eventually stopped. I'll tell you, it surprised the hell out of me, but it worked. True story.