Bucky Dent? A Possibility?

RibbieRubarb

According to Barry Rozner, many in the Yanks organization feel Dent would be a perfect fit on the South Side.

He also was the runner-up to Manuel in 1997, but he was a favorite of JR.

Bucky started his career with the Sox, and his current pitching coach in AAA is Neil Allen. (Who is rumored to take over Mel Stottlemyre's job, unless he goes with Bucky)

Any thoughts?

Barry on Bucky

The famous home run Bucky hit against the Bosox was in 1977 and that was as a Yankee to win a one game playoff. If he ever hit a big home run for us to beat the Bosox I do not recall it off hand.

I am still looking for info on his managing.

On nostalgia value of course I would welcome him back. But I want to win in 2004, not be placated with a Old Time Sox Player as Manager. Is he any good as a manager?

The famous home run Bucky hit against the Bosox was in 1977 and that was as a Yankee to win a one game playoff.  If he ever hit a big home run for us to beat the Bosox I do not recall it off hand.

I am still looking for info on his managing.

On nostalgia value of course I would welcome him back.  But I want to win in 2004, not be placated with a Old Time Sox Player as Manager.  Is he any good as a manager?

I was just pointing out that he had a big hit and was clutch no matter who it was for. If we were talking big home runs for the White Sox, we would be looking for days as they don't exist. This is the mentality we need.

Well, if it's troubling thoughts you want, here's one. If they are going to go with veterans again, tweaking here and there, and they decide to get a "veteran" kind of manager, there's a guy who Kenny Williams played for, who won two world series, and fits what seems to be Reinsdorf's criteria concerning race. I'm no fan, but it could be Cito Gaston.

Well, if it's troubling thoughts you want, here's one. If they are going to go with veterans again, tweaking here and there, and they decide to get a "veteran" kind of manager, there's a guy who Kenny Williams played for, who won two world series, and fits what seems to be Reinsdorf's criteria concerning race. I'm no fan, but it could be Cito Gaston.

I saw this one thread too late. I just mentioned Gaston in the "Predict when Manuel will be fired" thread.