ACC Wants to Add ND

Chisoxfn

And it isn't gonna happen but they want them to be the 12th team.  Let me be the first to say I'd be ticked if ND joined the ACC. 

I'd much rather see them join the Big 10.

It will never happen. It makes no sense for ND to join another conference. The money is to good from their TV deal with NBC.

They are going to get a 12th school. The money from football is great for ND, but the other sports do need a conference, and most conferences say football has to be involved. The Big Ten is the only place I could see them going.

All their other teams are part of the Big East.

Their big pay days from NBC will come to an end next year. Then they will have to renegotiate. Don't know if they can get near what they were getting.

Their big pay days from NBC will come to an end next year.  Then they will have to renegotiate.  Don't know if they can get near what they were getting.

No, they'll still keep the deal they have. This is Notre Dame we're talking about here... And, I'd much rather watch them join the ACC than the Big 10.

And it isn't gonna happen but they want them to be the 12th team.  Let me be the first to say I'd be ticked if ND joined the ACC. 

It will never happen. It makes no sense for ND to join another conference. The money is to good from their TV deal with NBC.

That's true plus the fact that they'd have to play games on the road, Lose to Northwestern, and never get to a BCS bowl game, let alone get to keep the 10 - 13 million dollars for going to one of those games.

That's true plus the fact that they'd have to play games on the road, Lose to Northwestern, and never get to a BCS bowl game, let alone get to keep the 10 - 13 million dollars for going to one of those games.

We got a whiner, here, people. :finger

WHINER?!?!?!?!?! :lolhitting

NO I'd love to see ND pony up and play with the big boys. They'd be lucky to post a winning record in any REAL Conference.

NO I'd love to see ND pony up and play with the big boys. They'd be lucky to post a winning record in any REAL Conference.

What? Notre Dame consistently plays one of the toughest schedules in the country. And the Big 10 has plenty of cupcakes in it... Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, Michigan State (how did we still come within a touchdown of winning that game?)...

What? Notre Dame consistently plays one of the toughest schedules in the country. And the Big 10 has plenty of cupcakes in it... Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, Michigan State (how did we still come within a touchdown of winning that game?)...

Penn State used to say the same BS, and hasn't won s*** since joining the big ten...

Their big pay days from NBC will come to an end next year.  Then they will have to renegotiate.  Don't know if they can get near what they were getting.

The Big Ten will no admit ND without football. They would have no reason to. If ND is going to join a conference, their football team is going to have to be included.

By the way, DoubleM23, Michigan State beat ND. MSU may not be at the level of Michigan, Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State, or Purdue, but the Spartans are no pushover. Their loss against La Tech was without Smoker for over half the game. Go Green, Go White, Go State!!!

Why would the ACC want to water down it's talent pool with Notre Dame  :huh::lol:

NCAA said no to a conference with 11 teams to hold a conference championship game. What other teams could you see going. Certainly no team from the Big Ten, SEC, or any other large conference. I think it is going to be Boston College or West Virginia to go.

The Big Ten will no admit ND without football. They would have no reason to. If ND is going to join a conference, their football team is going to have to be included.

By the way, DoubleM23, Michigan State beat ND. MSU may not be at the level of Michigan, Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State, or Purdue, but the Spartans are no pushover. Their loss against La Tech was without Smoker for over half the game. Go Green, Go White, Go State!!!

And Illinois won the Big Ten in football just 2 years ago in 2001, so I wouldn't call them a cupcake. The only consistent year-to-year cupcake the Big Ten has is Indiana, and even they are on the way up.

let's take a look at Notre Dame's recent Bowl game history.

January 1995 Fiesta Colorado 41, Notre Dame 24

January 1996 Orange Florida State 31, Notre Dame 26

December 1997  Independence  LSU 27, Notre Dame 9

January 1999 Gator • Georgia Tech 35, Notre Dame 28

January 2001  Fiesta Bowl , Oregon State 41, Notre Dame 9

January 2003 North Carolina State 28, Notre Dame 6

let's take a look at Notre Dame's recent Bowl game history.

January 1995 Fiesta Colorado 41, Notre Dame 24

January 1996 Orange Florida State 31, Notre Dame 26

December 1997  Independence  LSU 27, Notre Dame 9

January 1999 Gator • Georgia Tech 35, Notre Dame 28

January 2001  Fiesta Bowl , Oregon State 41, Notre Dame 9

January 2003   North Carolina State 28, Notre Dame 6

Gee do you think that comes from the BCS putting them in too high of a bowl game every year because they are ND and bring big crowds? Yet another reason the BCS is a joke...