White Sox Scout Yankees for Potential Q Trade

DirtySox

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Mar 9, 2017 -> 10:58 AM)
Notes untouchables. I personally am warning to Frazier and Rutherford as headliners.

I could see them moving one or the other as they are both OF. Also depends on how they feel about Aaron Judge in a corner spot. Ellsbury is pretty much a lock in CF (eventually LF) over the next 5 years.

Edit: just checked. 4 years of Ellsbury. The 5th year is an option with a $5 mill buyout in 2021.

Edited by soxfan2014

Um, duh.

Since a White Sox scout has been a constant figure at the Yankees’ exhibition games to evaluate talent, the industry buzz is the White Sox have targeted the Yankees as a possible trade partner if they decide to move left-handed starter Jose Quintana.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 9, 2017 -> 11:08 AM)
I felt the same haha Sox scouts are likely everywhere. Kinda seems like a non-news story. We've known they've been connected for a while.

Of course they are targeting the teams with the best farm systems. I mean they would be negligent to not.

Not shocked, according to Fabian they changed scouting last July to only top farms to get more info on potential trades back.

May have a few teams on a short list for July and are focused, but so many more cover yankees that this gets out.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 9, 2017 -> 11:47 AM)
I know everyone is down on Mateo but I think he is someone that could easily be tried in CF and becomes a less risky prospect.

Agreed, I'm one of the few that is still high on Mateo and like the idea of trying his speed/arm in CF. I'm not entirely sold on Frazier due to his low BA and high K rate. Not going after Frazier could help net an additional non ranked prospect from a deep farm.

I could be happy with Rutherford, Mateo, Andujar, Fowler and Montgomery. Heck, for those five the Yanks can have Q and Robertson.

I know everyone is down on Mateo but I think he is someone that could easily be tried in CF and becomes a less risky prospect.

That's a really good idea. He didn't have a great season last year but he's only 21 and I'm sure his speed would play quite well in CF. Moncada and Anderson have the middle infield spots locked up for the next half decade at least most likely but I really do like Mateo's potential in CF. He wouldn't even have to hit that well to be a very valuable commodity if his defense was elite.

What about Frazier/Rutherford, Mateo, Andujar, Fowler and Montgomery?

Edit: this idea is already basically above

Edited by soxfan2014