White Sox Scout Yankees for Potential Q Trade

DirtySox

FWIW Rick Hahn was a few rows behind me at Sox/Brewers today in Maryvale. I didn't notice he was there until the 5th or so until after Lopez was done (he could have been there way sooner).

He sat next to another WSox rep who had a radar gun- they were gunning Jennings and watched him HARD.

I didn't see them gun the others. I'm pretty sure Rick ducked out right after Moncada's go ahead rocket double to center in the 9th.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 10, 2017 -> 08:14 PM)
The Yanks look as though they want to see how their team performs before committing to a trading a haul of prospects for Q. I am curious if the news on Price has made Cashman take a step back to rethink his teams' chances of hanging with Boston this year.

Best case scenario is Tampa and the Yanks stay competitive into June/July. This would keep Archer on the Rays and off the trade market add keep the Yanks in the mix for Q.

Hopefully Cashman moves now because I think Yankees and Rays are double digit back by the All Star break. Boston looks really loaded in all facets. I saw Panda last week and he looked blah but Holt looked really good. They have hitting pitching and defense. Maybe their pen will go south.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Mar 11, 2017 -> 12:13 PM)
Hopefully Cashman moves now because I think Yankees and Rays are double digit back by the All Star break. Boston looks really loaded in all facets. I saw Panda last week and he looked blah but Holt looked really good. They have hitting pitching and defense. Maybe their pen will go south.

Yeah, I don't see anyone hanging with Boston but NY and Tampa might be competitive enough to stay in the wild card race.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 11, 2017 -> 09:56 PM)
He wasn't referring to mention of being in on Q

I know. The reason Baltimore wasn't in the discussion is because they don't have any effect on Q's market. I do agree that Baltimore will be tough and should be able to slug their way into WC contention.

The United States rallied against Colombia’s bullpen for a 3-2 win in 10 innings but Quintana wowed the scouts in attendance.

“Everyone knows he’s a heckuva pitcher but that might had been the best I have ever seen him, considering it’s spring training and he’s still building arm strength,” a scout from a National League team said. “That’s an All-Star lineup right there and he cut right through them. I’m sure it had to make Rick Hahn very happy.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fanragspor...ven-higher/amp/

Keep driving that price up.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Mar 12, 2017 -> 11:07 PM)
I have a hard time seeing Colorado making any kind of huge moves like that at this point because a guy they just signed to a fairly large contract (for them) breaks his hand and will miss a few months...

The length of time will depend on where the fracture is located. If it's in a metacarpal, he'll miss no more than 4 to 6 weeks. If it's in a darpal or wrist bone than it could be 8 to 12 weeks.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 08:27 AM)
Guys the Rockies are not going to trade their entire farm system and a starting outfielder (especially after losing one backup) because Ian Desmond broke his hand.

My thoughts exactly

That proposal is essentially the whole Rockies farm, which is nuts

Rodgers / Hoffman / Murphy would be a huge haul for Quintana alone

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 09:27 AM)
Guys the Rockies are not going to trade their entire farm system and a starting outfielder (especially after losing one backup) because Ian Desmond broke his hand.

Rockies could be players at the trade deadline if they are in contention. They aren't moving anything for Q until then.

. So, any thoughts that they are dealing from a position of power are exaggerated. Therefore, Cashman can get a deal doneif he wants to. And that’s the key to this whole thing.

https://www.google.com/amp/yanksgoyard.com/...eepstakes-2/amp

Lol, sure. That's why Hahn has went ahead and settled for less than he thinks Q is worth. Wait, he hasn't, so I guess the Sox are in a position of power. Man, that writer is delusional. Cracked me up so I had to share.

Edited by BlackSox13