White Sox Scout Yankees for Potential Q Trade

DirtySox

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rebuilding White Sox are looking for youth and the Yankees, with one of the best systems in baseball, have it. However, the Yankees won’t trade Gary Sanchez, Greg Bird, Gleyber Torres, Justus Sheffield or Aaron Judge, and that might take them out of the mix.

Based on the Sale deal (with two Top 20 prospects) and their untouchables, I'd say the offer Hahn would go for would be Frazier, Rutherford, Andujar and Clarkin or Tate.

Cool, now that i've taken us there.

Easy to always want to try and build a team like the last one that won it all.

The cubs are a juggernaut of elite power and defense, and incredible depth.

But, what an interesting team that could begin to form with a middle of the diamond of Anderson/Moncada/Mateo. What if Mateo could recreate becoming one of the best CF in baseball just because of speed (ala billy hamilton).

At that point, you have something interesting. A collection of some incredibly fast players with potential elite defense. That would supplement what looks to be a very promising young staff.

If somehow you also get someone like Luis Robert, you are talking about a very interesting outfield. Will it work? Who knows, but power arms and fast as hell players is a cool team imo.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 9, 2017 -> 12:15 PM)
This is a non story. I'm sure the Sox have a scout or 2 at every one of Houston's games, every one of Pittsburgh's games.

The bigger story would be if they didn't have a scout at Yankee games.

Ha, I would love those stories in a way.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 9, 2017 -> 01:19 PM)
Cool, now that i've taken us there.

Easy to always want to try and build a team like the last one that won it all.

The cubs are a juggernaut of elite power and defense, and incredible depth.

But, what an interesting team that could begin to form with a middle of the diamond of Anderson/Moncada/Mateo. What if Mateo could recreate becoming one of the best CF in baseball just because of speed (ala billy hamilton).

At that point, you have something interesting. A collection of some incredibly fast players with potential elite defense. That would supplement what looks to be a very promising young staff.

If somehow you also get someone like Luis Robert, you are talking about a very interesting outfield. Will it work? Who knows, but power arms and fast as hell players is a cool team imo.

If it's Rutherford OR Frazier, I'd agree on taking Mateo.

But ideally you get as close to a Sale return as possible.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 9, 2017 -> 12:23 PM)
There's a ton of variables to this, but what if the Sox had a future lineup of:

1. Anderson (SS)

2. Moncada (2B)

3. Beer (1B)

4. Machado (3B)

5. Collins ©

6. Abreu (DH)

7. Frazier/Rutherford (RF)

8. Robert (LF)

9. Mateo (CF)

That would be insane.

I think he is going to get paid closer to the contract Harper wants than Harper lol and he deserves it more. Machado will likely get the contract Stanton got (probably more).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 9, 2017 -> 12:36 PM)
Yeah, signing him is obviously the most unrealistic part of that lineup but I can dream, right? :)

Wanted to add this to my post, but his first year in a new deal would be his age 26-season. He's looking at a 10+ year deal easy with an opt-out at around his age 29/30 (4 and 5th year of the deal) season to try to grab a 7-8 year deal.

Edited by soxfan2014

Well, today we hear about the Sox scouting the Yanks so Friday evening I'm expecting to hear about Yankee scouts in attendance for Q's start against team USA. Should be interesting to see what other teams' scouts will be in attendance. I would think the usual suspects we've been reading about all winter long.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Mar 9, 2017 -> 01:22 PM)
Do you/we think this is legit or are we getting teased again? I have wanted Hahn to trade with Yankees all along.

Legit that we have scouts there? Yes. Why? Because why wouldn't they? They likely have scouts at every game. It doesn't mean anything is imminent.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 9, 2017 -> 01:24 PM)
Legit that we have scouts there? Yes. Why? Because why wouldn't they? They likely have scouts at every game. It doesn't mean anything is imminent.

I get your point; however, the article does seem to imply that there is an undercurrent of serious trade talks. Let's see where this goes. Lots of pitching injuries for teams this spring.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 9, 2017 -> 12:23 PM)
There's a ton of variables to this, but what if the Sox had a future lineup of:

1. Anderson (SS)

2. Moncada (2B)

3. Beer (1B)

4. Machado (3B)

5. Collins ©

6. Abreu (DH)

7. Frazier/Rutherford (RF)

8. Robert (LF)

9. Mateo (CF)

That would be insane.

considering 2/3 of the lineup hasn't seen an MLB pitch, odds are it would be a poor lineup.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 9, 2017 -> 03:19 PM)
considering 2/3 of the lineup hasn't seen an MLB pitch, odds are it would be a poor lineup.

Yea but with beer coming around every 3rd inning or more it will numb the pain. More seriously, hopefully half the guys on that list pan out.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Well, until a trade happens one way or another, I'll choose to believe if we could get Moncada for Sale, and the Yankees could get Gleyber Torres for four months of Aroldis Chapman, then we should be able to get Torres for four years of Quintana. I could be wrong, but for me it just stands to reason. And at least for now, thinking along these lines, it is kind of exciting to think about a potential dynamite double play combination with the #2 & #3 prospects in baseball right now with Moncada and Torres. Punt Anderson and his speed & arm to centerfield, and you got the makings of tremendous strength up the all-important middle. I won't lie to you - love that idea!

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Mar 9, 2017 -> 03:09 PM)
Well, until a trade happens one way or another, I'll choose to believe if we could get Moncada for Sale, and the Yankees could get Gleyber Torres for four months of Aroldis Chapman, then we should be able to get Torres for four years of Quintana. I could be wrong, but for me it just stands to reason. And at least for now, thinking along these lines, it is kind of exciting to think about a potential dynamite double play combination with the #2 & #3 prospects in baseball right now with Moncada and Torres. Punt Anderson and his speed & arm to centerfield, and you got the makings of tremendous strength up the all-important middle. I won't lie to you - love that idea!

which would be better? having torres play 3rd and leaving Anderson at ss and having a sweet infield or moving Anderson to cf and being great up the middle?