The day ALL Sox Fans have waited for

SoxFan1

Who do you THINK will be the new Sox Manager?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you THINK will be the new Sox Manager?

• Wally Backman
    • Bucky Dent
    • Carlton Fisk
    • Babby Valentine
    • Jeff Torborg
    • Other (state who)

i'll go off the wall with -- Ozzie Guillen.

Marlins' third base coach -- and they have been winning.

high-octane, high energy.

popular with fans.

popular with management.

good communicator.

great with media.

should be good with players.

And he's hungry to win.

It's a longshot, but I bet Number 13 is in the mix.

Speaking of Gaston and Backman... from the Daily Herald:

According to sources, the 59-year-old Gaston is extremely interested in returning to the dugout and the White Sox look like a good fit, for several reasons:

• With much of the Sox' veteran roster expected to return in 2004, Williams figures to have little interest in promoting Class AA Birmingham manager Wally Backman to the majors.

As a matter of fact, White Sox insiders say Backman's self-serving comments when Manuel was under fire earlier in the season may force him out of the organization.

The Sox would be looking for a proven name to run the team and Gaston fits that description. While managing Toronto from 1989-97, Gaston guided the Blue Jays to back-to-back World Series titles in '92-93.

• Williams played for the Jays in 1990-91 and still has great respect for Gaston.

• White Sox second baseman Roberto Alomar played for Toronto from 1991-95 and remains very close to Gaston.

Speaking of Gaston and Backman... from the Daily Herald:

According to sources, the 59-year-old Gaston is extremely interested in returning to the dugout and the White Sox look like a good fit, for several reasons:

• With much of the Sox' veteran roster expected to return in 2004, Williams figures to have little interest in promoting Class AA Birmingham manager Wally Backman to the majors.

As a matter of fact, White Sox insiders say Backman's self-serving comments when Manuel was under fire earlier in the season may force him out of the organization.

The Sox would be looking for a proven name to run the team and Gaston fits that description. While managing Toronto from 1989-97, Gaston guided the Blue Jays to back-to-back World Series titles in '92-93.

• Williams played for the Jays in 1990-91 and still has great respect for Gaston.

• White Sox second baseman Roberto Alomar played for Toronto from 1991-95 and remains very close to Gaston.

YASNY, I just think that when you replace a manager you need to go for the different personality type. If you don't win with laid back, you hire firey. If you don't win with firey, you hire laid back.

Although in our case, you could argue you don't win with incompetent, you hire competent. Whoever it is, obviously I hope he's manager of the year.

Thanks for the Herald stuff, I don't often see the Herald. According to today's Tribune:

"While several voices in the organization view Indians bench coach Buddy Bell as the strongest potential candidate, a more prominent name garnered attention Thursday. Mark Buehrle said that as he and Brian Daubach drove to KC from their off-season homes near St. Louis, the talk radio airwaves were flooded with speculation that manager Tony LaRussa might not return to the Cardinals....

"Cardinal majority owner Bill DeWitt Jr. told the STL Post Dispatch earlier this week that there was little doubt that La Russa would return in 2004 for the final year of his 3 year contract. La Russa apparently still planned to discuss the matter with GM Walt Jocketty. La Russa said 'I'm in a financial situation where I don't want to be somewhere if ownership believes there's someone better for the job. After you've been somewhere for a while, maybe they think it gets stale. If that situation ever arises, I want them to be able to tell me. It's not about money or holding someone to a contract. I firmly believe that."

The tribune goes on to say a source in the Sox organization said he expected Reinsdorf to commit the necessary funds to hire a proven manager.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Gammons this morning mentioned Mike Hargrove may be fired and replaced by Eddie Murray.  we really want to be the 95 Indians.  Maggs for Manny.

:nono :nono manny :nono :nono we dont need a selfish selfserving son of a b**** like that...........and for maggs???? hell no......if we deal maggs we better get something absoultely awesome for him.........

:nono  :nono manny  :nono  :nono  we dont need a selfish selfserving son of a b**** like that...........and for maggs???? hell no......if we deal maggs we better get something absoultely awesome for him.........

I should've used green on the Manny for Maggs quote. The reason maggs will go is if he will not renegotiate his deal and we fear losing him to Free Agency.