3/17 White Sox vs. Cubs

Hawk and Stone are both praising Joe Maddon for stacking his lineup with the best hitters at the top. Meanwhile, they were both mocking the Blue Jays for batting Jose Bautista 2nd a few years ago.

edit - Found a link referencing the Bautista incident. http://www.southsidesox.com/2013/6/12/4421...uction-for-hawk

Edited by maxjusttyped

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 17, 2017 -> 03:42 PM)
http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/video/v1240940383

Has Kopech added a CB to his arsenal? That third strike out looked to be on a 12-6 hammer. Pretty wicked pitch.

He's working on a change and curve. Coop like's his starters to have 4 pitches. Not sure if a 2 seamer and 4 seamer count as 2 pitches, so fast ball , slider, curve, change .

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 17, 2017 -> 06:14 PM)
He's working on a change and curve. Coop like's his starters to have 4 pitches. Not sure if a 2 seamer and 4 seamer count as 2 pitches, so fast ball , slider, curve, change .

That's what I thought. Pretty sure I read something recently that Kopech was working on a CB. The third strikeout looked like a 12-6 hammer and not a Slider. If he can harness a four pitch mix, man is he going to be nasty. Kopech's potential reminds me of a few other Texans, Josh Beckett and Kerry Wood.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 17, 2017 -> 05:29 PM)
That's what I thought. Pretty sure I read something recently that Kopech was working on a CB. The third strikeout looked like a 12-6 hammer and not a Slider. If he can harness a four pitch mix, man is he going to be nasty. Kopech's potential reminds me of a few other Texans, Josh Beckett and Kerry Wood.

Or that other famous Texan Nolan Ryan if Kopech can harness the curve. We can dream.