Q on track to start opening day

southsider2k5

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 01:34 PM)
Awesome. Was worried it would be a 2015 scenario where I thought I would see Sale and ended up with Noesi.

Well deserved for Q.

Well that was different. That is the home opener you are referring to which was also 4th game of the season. Opening day doesn't always = home opener.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 01:40 PM)
Well that was different. That is the home opener you are referring to which was also 4th game of the season. Opening day doesn't always = home opener.

But Sale not pitching bumped noesi into the home opener spot.

edit: I may be misremembering, but I thought that there was a chance Sale started home opener as he recovered from his foot.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 01:54 PM)
But Sale not pitching bumped noesi into the home opener spot.

edit: I may be misremembering, but I thought that there was a chance Sale started home opener as he recovered from his foot.

Sale pitched what the 6th game that season? Samardzija got 2 starts in before Sale debuted that Sunday (I was there) and at home opener that Friday where I too suffered through a beatdown.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 01:59 PM)
Can't wait to be there Opening Day.

Q vs. Verlander baby. Should be a lot of fun.

IIRC, the Sox have hit Verlander in the past so the Sox might start the season 1-0. It could be the only time we see them above .500 so at least they would be division leaders if only for a day.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 03:19 PM)
IIRC, the Sox have hit Verlander in the past so the Sox might start the season 1-0. It could be the only time we see them above .500 so at least they would be division leaders if only for a day.

Isn't that kind of irrelevant since there has been a ton of turnover on the roster?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 04:10 PM)
Nope. Why would I? I always want the Sox to win the games I go to.

I could be mistaken, I haven't paid a ton of attention to Soxtalk the past couple months as I have been fully immersed in CBB, but I thought you were one of the big tank guys.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 04:12 PM)
I could be mistaken, I haven't paid a ton of attention to Soxtalk the past couple months as I have been fully immersed in CBB, but I thought you were one of the big tank guys.

I'd definitely like to see them tank this year. With that being said, I always want them to win the games I go to in person.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 03:23 PM)
Isn't that kind of irrelevant since there has been a ton of turnover on the roster?

The only significant turnover on the Sox offense is Eaton. The Sox still have Abreu, Frazier, Melky, Soto and Avi that are familiar with Verlander.