2017 Cubs Catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 19, 2017 -> 11:25 AM)
It's funny how the Reds pitching staff can so easily cure what ails a struggling baseball club.

In other news, A 42-year old Wheaton man died after falling over a railing at Wrigley

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/05/18/aut...-wrigley-field/

That is sad. I'm thinking he had to be trashed. If you fell, the first thing you would do is try to make sure you didn't land head first and there should be time to accomplish that. He apparently landed on his head.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 19, 2017 -> 12:56 PM)
That is sad. I'm thinking he had to be trashed. If you fell, the first thing you would do is try to make sure you didn't land head first and there should be time to accomplish that. He apparently landed on his head.

I think you are right, it was 45 minutes after the game, so I'm sure it wasn't a crowded stairwell or something. If there has been some kind of altercation, you probably would have heard about it. Two young kids he had too.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 19, 2017 -> 02:00 PM)
? You quote that a starter is at 92 pitches in the 4th inning but shocked he is taken out? haha

No, just that he only gave up two runs and managed to throw that many pitches with five walks.

No MLB manager would allow four consecutive innings with that many pitches piling up.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2017 -> 10:15 PM)
Awful called 3rd...second game on the home stand that umps/replay gifted them the final out

That was pretty bad, as soon as it that pitch broke down, the ump was calling it a strike no matter where it landed. It wasn't even that good of a framing job.

Schwarber is still going to be a monster IMO. Every eventual star player goes through some low points and he is going through his now. You still cant take away the monumental feat he accomplished by coming back last year to be a star in the WS. That doesnt just happen, that takes a special kind of player.

I hate the Cubs with all that is within me but I can't get on Schwarber hate wagon.

QUOTE (shipps @ May 26, 2017 -> 01:36 PM)
Schwarber is still going to be a monster IMO. Every eventual star player goes through some low points and he is going through his now. You still cant take away the monumental feat he accomplished by coming back last year to be a star in the WS. That doesnt just happen, that takes a special kind of player.

I hate the Cubs with all that is within me but I can't get on Schwarber hate wagon.

Remember that guy from the Yankees from like 15 years ago who went off during the playoffs from out of nowhere.

Because I can't remember his name...