Tank for Beer

hi8is

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 07:42 PM)
Yeah, I'm not gonna actively root for us to lose. I'm totally aware of the benefits it could reap, but I can't actively want it to happen.

I'm being facetious (this team is going to be a hard watch), but my brain knows it is certainly for the best.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 07:42 PM)
Yeah, I'm not gonna actively root for us to lose. I'm totally aware of the benefits it could reap, but I can't actively want it to happen.

Same. Outwardly rooting for losses is fu**ing lame. I hope the Sox get off to a hot start, and even if they do, I won't expect the FO to change their direction, nor should they. But I never root for my teams to lose. If they end up with a top 5 pick, so be it, I know it's part of the process, but I'd prefer to see our young players take large steps forward and our veterans rake while they're here. One in the hand...

I still don't think this team (with Rodon) is as bad as most here want them to be, but I guess we'll see soon enough.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 08:06 PM)
Same. Outwardly rooting for losses is fu**ing lame. I hope the Sox get off to a hot start, and even if they do, I won't expect the FO to change their direction, nor should they. But I never root for my teams to lose. If they end up with a top 5 pick, so be it, I know it's part of the process, but I'd prefer to see our young players take large steps forward and our veterans rake while they're here. One in the hand...

I still don't think this team (with Rodon) is as bad as most here want them to be, but I guess we'll see soon enough.

If the team isn't bad enough, they will be making some trades. If the team is going to win 78 games, Hahn hasn't traded enough pieces.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 06:06 PM)

For me personally - I suspect we won't be competitive until 2019 or 2020. "Tank for Beer" is more about setting low expectations and getting the stomach ready for some bad teams.

My guess for this teams record is also not as bad as most, I've pegged them for somewhere around 72 to 76 wins as currently constructed. When it's mid season and we've had more roster changes - that total could easily fall.

The only benefit to losing will be our draft position and this is my way to stay sane during losing.

There's some psychological term for it... which escapes me right now... cognitive dissonance isn't exactly it but it's something like that. It's when you talk yourself into enjoying or wanting something that you really don't want.

My brain is like spaghetti - as I've just dealt with a sleep resistant 3 year old for two hours.

So... yeah... I'll stop talking.

This slogan actually makes this season even more fun for me.

I know they won't be competitive but I'm stoked to see how Anderson and Rodon develop, and if/when any call-ups happen, how they develop as well.

I'm all aboard the #TankForBeer train.