Opening Day 4/4/2017 - White Sox vs Tigers

flavum

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the long run it doesn't really matter I guess but it was disappointing to see the same old same old when it came to Sox base running blunders and situational hitting. Left a lot of guys on base.

One other thing that didn't change was a lack of run support for Q, surprised they got him two (not that he helped himself at all today).

High draft pick here we come!

Mark

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 04:43 PM)
1 down. Years to go.

Well, theoretically you'll get years where the White Sox will have good young talent but they haven't come to fruition (Like when Rizzo and Castro were up on a bad Cubs team).

I watched the first few innings to see everybody bat once at least and see Q get hammered.

--Pathetic crowd as expected. That's all on management.

-- This team is going to lose so many games it'll make our heads spin. How the hell is Hawk going to broadcast road games for gawd sakes? He's used to a team on paper that is a contender.

-- I would assume this would be a great season for folks to get great seats on stubhub once the weather turns and spread out and enjoy the food of the Cell. There won't be any fans getting in your way in the aisles, etc., for years to come. Absolutely no reason to follow any of these players except Anderson.

Have we ever had a worse starting rotation on paper? Ever a worse defense on paper? Blah team speed. Wow. I stick with 59-63 wins max. Maybe less. Who the hell are we going to beat with this pitching staff and this offense? And this defense?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 05:20 PM)
I watched the first few innings to see everybody bat once at least and see Q get hammered.

-- This team is going to lose so many games it'll make our heads spin. How the hell is Hawk going to broadcast road games for gawd sakes? He's used to a team on paper that is a contender.

-- I would assume this would be a great season for folks to get great seats on stubhub once the weather turns and spread out and enjoy the food of the Cell. There won't be any fans getting in your way in the aisles, etc., for years to come. Absolutely no reason to follow any of these players except Anderson.

Have we ever had a worse starting rotation on paper? Ever a worse defense on paper? Blah team speed. Wow. I stick with 59-63 wins max. Maybe less. Who the hell are we going to beat with this pitching staff and this offense? And this defense?

I've been waiting all day for Greg's opinion on this

I've never been more pleased with a Greg post

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 04:20 PM)
Who the hell are we going to beat with this pitching staff and this offense? And this defense?

Not many teams...

Which is the whole point of the exercise.

I mean it's not like they were beating a lot of teams with the Adam Dunn's, Austin Jackson's, Tyler Flower's, Alejandro de Aza's and Dylan Alexrod's of the world were they?

Mark

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 04:27 PM)
No, he looked at a first pitch curve that most wouldn't swing at first pitch then looked at a ball that was called a strike and swung at a ball on an 0-2 count. Big difference between 1-1 and 0-2

I mean, basically what I meant. Not sure what we are disagreeing with here, other than the fact I think a hanging curve should be smashed on any count, regardless if it is the first pitch or not.

So we're a 59 to 63 win team as currently constructed, but with a solid DH & CF we'd be in the thick of things? I pray to god you're a troll and not the alternative, because otherwise I'd feel bad for s***ting on you constantly.

Can we agree on one thing? Jose Abreu will never be acquired by another team to be a 1B, so there's no point in him being a 1B here anymore. It's time to DH every single game and not put more stress on pitchers than there already is.