Mike Pelfrey Close to deal with Sox

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 05:51 PM)
Joy. I'd rather watch Beck, or Danish or pretty much anybody than Pelfrey. Hope he stays in Charlotte.

By June, I am hoping our rotation is Q, Rodon, Lopez, Giolito and one of Shields, Gonzo, and Holland.

The way the weather is going, we won't need 5 starters till mid-May..........................

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 08:07 PM)
We're like the Baltimore Orioles before they finally got good again. So many older, lousy players.

Can't get too upset about this. Pelfrey is the type of pitcher they signed to round out the rotation when they were contending.

But this idea of "flipping him" is la-la land stuff. They'll have hard enough time moving players with pulse like Frazier, Melky, Jones, and Robertson.....he's even behind the que of Holland, Gonzales and Shields. I doubt they move 4 of those guys.

Edited by GreenSox

Called it yesterday in the Tank for Beer thread.

"Sox might want to sign Peavy or Fister or Edwin Jackson or check into the remaining free agent starters. I think they need another guy to eat innings when Covey , Shields and Gonzalez all bomb. They will wreck their bullpen arms."

I amaze me :P

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 04:28 PM)
I believe you are right. Wish I could remember for who though. Was it Dye?

Dye was linked a lot with the Reds in a deal for Homer Bailey. Kenny actually thought he had it completed at one point.

Mark

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 08:14 PM)
Can't get too upset about this. Pelfrey is the type of pitcher they signed to round out the rotation when they were contending.

But this idea of "flipping him" is la-la land stuff. They'll have hard enough time moving players with pulse like Frazier, Melky, Jones, and Robertson.....he's even behind the que of Holland, Gonzales and Shields. I doubt they move 4 of those guys.

I don't think it's crazy to think that it could happen. To think that it's likely is crazy.