Twins @ White Sox- 4/7/17

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Broadcast Information

Announcers: Steve Stone and Jason Benetti (television), Ed Farmer and Darrin Jackson (radio), Hector Molina and Billy Russo (Spanish radio)

Game telecast time: 7:00 PM Central / 8:00 PM Eastern *

8 over-the-air TV stations:

Chicago WGN-TV, Channel 9 (Independent)

South Bend WMYS-LD, Channel 69 (my network TV) *

Indianapolis WNDY-TV Marion, IN, Channel 23 (my network TV) *

Springfield, IL / Decatur / Champaign WBUI Decatur, Channel 23-2 (this TV)

Peoria / Bloomington, IL WAOE Peoria, Channel 59 (my network TV)

Rockford WIFR Freeport, Channel 23-3 (Justice Network)

Quad Cities WQAD-TV Moline, Channel 8-3 (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids, Channel 9-2 (my network TV)

Radio:

Chicago AM 890 WLS / FM HD 94.7 WLS-FM-HD2 (using HD capable radios)

And the 'WLS White Sox Radio Network' http://mlb.mlb.com/cws/schedule/radio_affiliates.jsp

Spanish Radio:

Chicago AM 1200 WRTO / FM HD 105.1 WOJO-HD3 Evanston (using HD capable radios) / Channel 9 WGN-TV 'SAP' (Second Audio Program)

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 02:04 PM)
Twins come in undefeated, somehow. Hopefully they keep winning games this season to help us #TankForBeer

El Rockin would disagree with your post. Go Sox! Keep up the offense and improve to 2-1.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 02:09 PM)
Why is this Cody Asche on our team? Give Davidson all the at bats or anybody else. Leury Garcia is annoyingly bad as well

Who are you and what did you do with greg?

But seriously, I agree with this sentiment

Why is this Cody Asche on our team? Give Davidson all the at bats or anybody else. Leury Garcia is annoyingly bad as well

Well, they both will continue to get at bats on a regular basis while one emerges over the other (one game sample size for each so far is nothing).

Ideally, they would both be in the lineup every day because a Frazier or Melky trade happened. Heck, even both.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 07:09 PM)

Matt looked real good, but remember Cody was facing Verlander. It's only two games into the season

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 03:21 PM)
Well, they both will continue to get at bats on a regular basis while one emerges over the other (one game sample size for each so far is nothing).

Ideally, they would both be in the lineup every day because a Frazier or Melky trade happened. Heck, even both.

Maybe not. If they traded Frazier I would assume Delmonico would be recalled. The question then would be, who does the organization think has more of a future, Delmonico or Davidson. I am assuming options ultimately made the decision breaking camp.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 03:08 PM)
Maybe not. If they traded Frazier I would assume Delmonico would be recalled. The question then would be, who does the organization think has more of a future, Delmonico or Davidson. I am assuming options ultimately made the decision breaking camp.

I would hope Delmonico, as I don't think Davidson ever becomes more than a platoon/bench piece due to his contact issues.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 02:21 PM)

But we have a very large sample size of Asche MLB at-bats. We have next to nothing with Davidson. It can't hurt to make him full-time DH.

Cody Asche DOB: 6/30/1990

Matt Davidson DOB: 3/26/1991

There is less then a year separating these two players. As far as I'm concerned, they're both worthy of getting at bats for the Sox.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 04:37 PM)
Cody Asche DOB: 6/30/1990

Matt Davidson DOB: 3/26/1991

There is less then a year separating these two players. As far as I'm concerned, they're both worthy of getting at bats for the Sox.

Asche has ~1200 more plate appearances than Davidson at the major league level and has proven to be Avi Garcia level bad. There is no reason to give him at bats.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 06:36 PM)
Maybe Asche worked on his. It really is no big deal. They each will have an opportunity to show they deserve more time. Chances are the team rids itself of both by the end of the season.

Did you not see that Davidson bomb yesterday? He is going nowhere.