Twins @ White Sox- 4/7/17

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 08:24 PM)
He has been a little too silly and needs to focus on baseball, but Hawk is bad by comparison. Where Benetti makes a dumb joke, Hawk makes an incorrect or unprovable statement.

Hawk phoned it in a long time ago.

Yawn. Wrong.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 09:25 PM)
That and always deferring to Stone and asking him to explain things even non-pitchers should be able to grasp.

Feels like he is trying too hard to teach a community college class on baseball for dummies that everyone's auditing.

But that seems a lot more fixable than

"You know Stoney, this situation reminds me of the time..." followed by a story that no one under 50 can relate to.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 09:25 PM)
Yawn. Wrong.

Meh, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but significantly more relevant people (who understand broadcasting) share my opinion. Your problem with Benetti is he is new. That's fine, he has room to improve. Hawk has been on the downward swing since we missed the playoffs in 2006.

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 09:27 PM)
So much for Byron carrying over his hot ending to last year.

They will be 4-0 with Dozier and Buxton both scuffling. Positive sign for MN. And that outfield defense in LF and CF can make up for lots of pitching mistakes.

the difference in the game is mostly defense. Buxton kept the Twins in it early.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 08:27 PM)
Would you rather have Buxton or TA? Tough call but I'd have to go TA.

Probably Buxton because Saladino would be a pretty darned solid SS...but we don't have a game-changing outfielder other than Basabe.

If you guaranteed Robert was coming on board, would have to rethink it.

Buxton has certainly had longer periods of flailing away offensively...but the huge 30/30 potential and more walks. That said, Anderson has the quickest hands on the team and should be a 15-18 homer guy pretty consistently. Anderson has yet to fail.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 09:32 PM)
Probably Buxton because Saladino would be a pretty darned solid SS...but we don't have a game-changing outfielder other than Basabe.

If you guaranteed Robert was coming on board, would have to rethink it.

Buxton has certainly had longer periods of flailing away offensively...but the huge 30/30 potential and more walks. That said, Anderson has the quickest hands on the team and should be a 15-18 homer guy pretty consistently. Anderson has yet to fail.

I call it a wash. I like Saladino, but he's a utility player on a good team.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 08:26 PM)
But that seems a lot more fixable than

"You know Stoney, this situation reminds me of the time..." followed by a story that no one under 50 can relate to.

Meh, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but significantly more relevant people (who understand broadcasting) share my opinion. Your problem with Benetti is he is new. That's fine, he has room to improve. Hawk has been on the downward swing since we missed the playoffs in 2006.

Please continue to share your considerable and superior understanding of broadcasting because it is ever so enlightening. And while you're at it, any hints on how to get better at the "Sox Math" nightly exercise would be greatly appreciated, too. Now that's some great baseball broadcasting going on there, I'll tell ya. Perfect for the under 50 crowd!

If the outcome of this game stays as the score is now, this has been a purely defensive game. Minnesota won because of their stellar defense, Sox lost because of their 3 errors and other non-error bobbles. Baseball is won by pitching and defense (and I like to throw situational hitting in there as well).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 09:44 PM)
Putnam when he's going good might be the most underrated player on the roster...but he deserves the opportunity to pitch for a contender that needs 6th/7th inning help.

He's inconsistent at times because his out pitch is a tough one to repeat. It would be great if he had trade value.