Twins @ White Sox- 4/7/17

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 08:10 PM)
Avi is around for ONLY 1 reason, to not make the trade for the great 5 tool player look like s*** on the front office.

There is zero reason to get worked up about Avi being here this year.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 07:12 PM)
The swirling wind brought it back into fair territory and away from Abreu. I think Avi Garcia thought he was going to collide with Jose

He should have called off the infielder who was running backwards on the ball long before they were even close to colliding into one another.

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 07:14 PM)
Who would YOU rather have as DH? Avi or Abreu? I say DH Avi and try Davidson out in RF...i know he doesn't have the build of an outfielder but it can't be worse than Garcia.

You need to give Davidson an opportunity to build some confidence that he belongs in the majors (offensively) before you even consider an in-season position change so dramatic.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 08:16 PM)
I seem to remember Frazier saying in the off-season he wants to hit less pop ups and hit the ball more the other way...i have seen him popup at least 3 times (twice in this game) and I have yet to see him attempt to hit it the other way.

He will never until he stops leaning forward when he swings.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 09:17 PM)
You need to give Davidson an opportunity to build some confidence that he belongs in the majors (offensively) before you even consider an in-season position change so dramatic.

Just a thought...i guess more realistically I would rather see May in C.F. with Luery Garcia in right, with Avi at DH. I would rather have the better defense out there than the slim potential upside offensively with the left handed bat in Asche up there. Idk.

Edited by Scoots

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 08:06 PM)
Shame on Hahn for putting Avi back in the outfield

I'm still baffled why they didn't make him a LF. Even the defensive metrics, albeit small sample, favor him much better there.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 08:21 PM)
I'm still baffled why they didn't make him a LF. Even the defensive metrics, albeit small sample, favor him much better there.

Correct I remember a few years back the DRS was atleast bearably bad.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 08:14 PM)
There is zero reason to get worked up about Avi being here this year.

Guy is hurting his team regardless of rebuild or not. Tired of his don't give a dam play.

Edited by Soxfest