Larussa?

Bmr31

I read today that there is some talk Tony may be a candidate?  Has anyone heard this?  Any thoughts? :huh:

I don't know what terms LaRussa and JR are on after LaRussa's first White Sox managing stint.

But I do know that alot of people in St. Louis are saying that he has lost touch with and the respect of his players. Heard it had something to do with that shouting match with Dusty Baker during the Cubs Series at Wrigley Field when the Cardinals lost 4 out of 5. Might be better able to understand it if you check out a Cardinals board. I'm sure it's there somewhere.

Yeah, I agree.  Do you think its a real possibility?  Or just a lame rumor?

I'd say there is a pretty good chance and I Think he's the kind of guy you could bring in to say...hey were aren't bowing out next year and right now thats got to be the statement the Sox make, especially since the Cubs are right on the brink.

I think it's mostly rumor. I don't think LaRussa will want to manage for any team owned by JR. JMO though.

Well what i found most amazing is the story i read said a sox source said JR is willing to fork out the money for a proven manager. That shocked me. :o

I think it's mostly rumor. I don't think LaRussa will want to manage for any team owned by JR. JMO though.

LaRussa and JR are pretty close friends. I think there is more merit here than speculation. It will depend on what JM wants to spend. If the cub go deep JM will have to spend to keep a shaky fan base that is as disappointed as ever. Season tickets may drop below 5,000 if the cub make the postseason. I am not renewing at any level, well I'll a 7-game for the opener, if they don't spend.

If what I believe happens to their arms from all the overwork then I would agree with you.

I think you are on to something here. And actually I wouldn't be shocked to see Wood and Prior melt down this weekend. They are both coming off of high pitch outings and are going on short rest. Heck look at Zambrano's last two outings. You think all of those 130 pitch outings are starting to catch up with these guys? All 3 of them are in the top 5 of the NL for most pitches per outing.

LaRussa and JR are pretty close friends.  I think there is more merit here than speculation.  It will depend on what JM wants to spend.  If the cub go deep JM will have to spend to keep a shaky fan base that is as disappointed as ever.  Season tickets may drop below 5,000 if the cub make the postseason.  I am not renewing at any level, well I'll a 7-game for the opener, if they don't spend.

GO cubbies!!! Lmao :headbang

I read today that there is some talk Tony may be a candidate?  Has anyone heard this?  Any thoughts? :huh:

My thought is that it brings instant credability and respect to the managers office. But it will also bring that circus atmosphere that Tony uses to motivate his players, and try to throw off other teams.

The only time LaRussa ever won he had by far the most talent in his division. This man is overrated. He has a lot of wins, I'll give him that, but you can give a lot of guys the teams he's had, and their records would be just as good or better. Only 1 World Series win with that A's team is almost more unbelievable than the Bears winning only 1 Super Bowl with their teams of the mid 80's

The only time LaRussa ever won he had by far the most talent in his division. This man is overrated. He has a lot of wins, I'll give him that, but you can give a lot of guys the teams he's had, and their records would be just as good or better. Only 1 World Series win with that A's team is almost more unbelievable than the Bears winning only 1 Super Bowl with their teams of the mid 80's

Did that make Ditka a crappy coach? Larussa is a very good manager. Il'll take him in a second.

Did that make Ditka a crappy coach? Larussa is a very good manager.  Il'll take him in a second.

Dikta was a crappy coach. The defense won the Bears the Super Bowl, and he had nothing to do with that. Give him inferior talent like he had in New Orleans and look what happened. LaRussa wouldn't make anyone forget Jerry Manuel, in fact, with all his tinkering and goofy line ups he would remind people of him. He would be a big waste of money.

Dikta was a crappy coach. The defense won the Bears the Super Bowl, and he had nothing to do with that. Give him inferior talent like he had in New Orleans and look what happened. LaRussa wouldn't make anyone forget Jerry Manuel, in fact, with all his tinkering and goofy line ups he would remind people of him. He would be a big waste of money.

LOL!! Ok YEAH you have ZERO credibility in anything you say, ever again,. LOL thanks anyways............. :rolleyes: