4/11/2017 Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 3:05 pm

bmags

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 05:54 PM)
Well he's shown he can't play RF and he doesn't hit enough to be a DH. And playing LF would somewhat neutralize his strongest tool which is his throwing arm.

What's to lose trying him in CF? Hell, the Sox played guys like Carl Everett and a half crippled Ken Griffey JR. in CF when they were contenders. But they can't try Avi in CF during a rebuild when they have no other major league ready CFers in the entire organization?

There's nothing wrong with the LF having a strong throwing arm so I don't see why LF would be out of the question. The current arm in LF is a pretty strong one.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 06:04 PM)
Gotta question Francona there taking the bat out of Lindor's hands that inning.

I just got home so I haven't been watching the game but that just seems like a silly thing for Tito to do.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 04:54 PM)
Well he's shown he can't play RF and he doesn't hit enough to be a DH. And playing LF would somewhat neutralize his strongest tool which is his throwing arm.

What's to lose trying him in CF? Hell, the Sox played guys like Carl Everett and a half crippled Ken Griffey JR. in CF when they were contenders. But they can't try Avi in CF during a rebuild when they have no other major league ready CFers in the entire organization?

Avi would be completely unplayable in CF, it's crazy to think otherwise.

Charlie Tilson will be the CF when he's healthy.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 07:08 PM)
Gotta love the little things tyler does

It really is a shame he likely won't have a starting position when Moncada comes up...i feel like Tyler is our best player.

Also, why are our hitters sw8nging at curveballs 5 feet outside of the zone when they are starting out of the zone to start with? Then they don't swing at the ones in the zone...

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 12:13 AM)
It really is a shame he likely won't have a starting position when Moncada comes up...i feel like Tyler is our best player.

Also, why are our hitters sw8nging at curveballs 5 feet outside of the zone when they are starting out of the zone to start with? Then they don't swing at the ones in the zone...

Same group that chased everything last year