You wanna know why the Twins won the division?

witesoxfan

Because I can tell you why the Twins won the division. It was nothing we did or nothing the Royals did. The Twins won the division because they have played .700 baseball over the 2nd half of the season. You won't be too many teams that play .700 baseball, especially if they are only a 1/2 game behind you at the break.

We have played some pretty good baseball against some pretty good teams in the 2nd half. The fact that Minnesota won 70% of their games is something we couldn't control, and we just have to accept that fact. That fact that we were even mathematically alive in the race in the last week of the season is incredible considering how well the Twins played. And a few very good things come out of this. For starters, it gets Jerry Manuel the hell out of town. Secondly, it shows us the importance of playing good baseball from day 1 to day 180 of the season. And finally, it shows the fact that just because a team looks out and they have lost 22 of 28, they are not necessarily out of the race.

Now that I've sugarcoated it all and made it real nice and mushy and soft-hearted, we wait until next year to try again....this time with a different manager.

In the meantime..... :fthecubs .....GO HOUSTON!

Because I can tell you why the Twins won the division.  It was nothing we did or nothing the Royals did.  The Twins won the division because they have played .700 baseball over the 2nd half of the season.  You won't be too many teams that play .700 baseball, especially if they are only a 1/2 game behind you at the break. 

We have played some pretty good baseball against some pretty good teams in the 2nd half.  The fact that Minnesota won 70% of their games is something we couldn't control, and we just have to accept that fact.  That fact that we were even mathematically alive in the race in the last week of the season is incredible considering how well the Twins played.  And a few very good things come out of this.  For starters, it gets Jerry Manuel the hell out of town.  Secondly, it shows us the importance of playing good baseball from day 1 to day 180 of the season.  And finally, it shows the fact that just because a team looks out and they have lost 22 of 28, they are not necessarily out of the race. 

Now that I've sugarcoated it all and made it real nice and mushy and soft-hearted, we wait until next year to try again....this time with a different manager.

Losing 5 straight games against the Twins is something we could have controlled :bang

Because I can tell you why the Twins won the division.  It was nothing we did or nothing the Royals did.  The Twins won the division because they have played .700 baseball over the 2nd half of the season.  You won't be too many teams that play .700 baseball, especially if they are only a 1/2 game behind you at the break. 

We have played some pretty good baseball against some pretty good teams in the 2nd half.  The fact that Minnesota won 70% of their games is something we couldn't control, and we just have to accept that fact.  That fact that we were even mathematically alive in the race in the last week of the season is incredible considering how well the Twins played.  And a few very good things come out of this.  For starters, it gets Jerry Manuel the hell out of town.  Secondly, it shows us the importance of playing good baseball from day 1 to day 180 of the season.  And finally, it shows the fact that just because a team looks out and they have lost 22 of 28, they are not necessarily out of the race. 

Losing 5 straight games against the Twins is something we could have controlled :bang

True....but it wouldn't have locked the division.

Losing 8 games to the Tigers allowed the Twins to stay close enough to the Sox all summer so they felt as if they were always in contention and could turn it on whenever necessary.

The 8 losses to Detroit were totally inexcusable, considering the Sox scored 3 runs or less 7 times against a pitching staff with an ERA of 5.35.

As bad as we feel, the Royals should feel just as awful, blowing a 7-game

lead at the all-star break.

We Sox fans would have been extremely pissed had we done that.

The Twins are ending up with a darn good record. I hope they win it all

this year and get it out of their system.

I hope they lose and go to hell!

Some White Sox fans are extremely pissed, anyway. :angry:

Nobody expected the Royals to do much so even though they blew a big lead, they still overachieved. :angry: Sums up my feelings on the Sox tanking in September.