The Korea Situation; It's Very Serious

greg775

Is this North Korea situation serious or not?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is this North Korea situation serious or not?

• Yes it is very serious; we are on brink of war
    • No, we're not going to do anything warlike
    • Maybe.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 03:09 PM)
Hope everyone that didn't vote Hillary is happy now, because we now have good ole calm, cool, collected Donald to deal with this mess. If NK were to do this (which I doubt), I don't see how Trump doesn't respond with force.

Not a great post. The Democrats could have given us a good candidate to vote for.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 03:48 PM)
That's the exact problem. The lack of impulse control was my greatest fear with him to begin. If NK strikes within distance of Guam action would be needed, but such action must be planned out and throughly vetted by a broader team. I just don't see Trump waiting to respond after such an event, in his mind it would make him look like a p****. And impulsive action would likely lead to much greater consequences for the entire world.

Look, if they strike Guam it's all over. That's a direct attack on our bases and our people. If Jong Un is dumb enough to attack Guam there's nothing we can do but execute thermonuclear war. And yes the world will never be the same.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 10:47 PM)
Not a great post. The Democrats could have given us a good candidate to vote for.

Look, if they strike Guam it's all over. That's a direct attack on our bases and our people. If Jong Un is dumb enough to attack Guam there's nothing we can do but execute thermonuclear war. And yes the world will never be the same.

Did you vote for Hillary? If not, you indirectly voted for Trump and a guaranteed nuclear holocaust. Well done Greg...

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 03:55 AM)
Did you vote for Hillary? If not, you indirectly voted for Trump and a guaranteed nuclear holocaust. Well done Greg...

I don't think you are blaming North Korea enough here. Don't be anti American on this, White Sox. Trump has to do something. I read a story today that suggests if we attack Korea we are not initiating this but protecting ourselves after a veiled threat to kill our people in Guam. I don't see how you can blame Trump for this situation.

That said ... I didn't vote for Hillary and am still proud of that. I also didn't vote for Trump. It's not my fault that the system gave me Hillary v. Trump. I'd gladly have voted for Biden or even Bernie. I woulda voted for Kasich or McCain. But not Donald or Hillary. That's my right to write somebody in.

Edited by greg775

Caulfield is this a hot topic in China? Are you concerned? You are an international expert. How will this play out? Personally I'm a little surprised Trump isn't calling for all Americans to get out of S. Korea now and all Americans to get out of Guam except military.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 10:10 PM)
Caulfield is this a hot topic in China? Are you concerned? You are an international expert. How will this play out? Personally I'm a little surprised Trump isn't calling for all Americans to get out of S. Korea now and all Americans to get out of Guam except military.

Nobody is overly concerned, this is SOP for North Korea for three generations of leaders.

But adding Trump as the unknown variable makes for a pretty combustible situation if his military advisors can't reign him in.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 06:41 AM)
NK is not threatening to actually attack Guam. They are threatening to bomb the water 40km away from Guam.

Don't let the chicken hawk warmongers beat the drums with false claims.

The biggest problem is a misfire hitting Japan accidentally....

Here we go again...maybe it would be better if he just stuck to golf!!!

Bridgewater, New Jersey (CNN)President Donald Trump further escalated his rhetorical standoff with North Korea Friday morning, saying the US was ready to respond militarily should the rogue nation "act unwisely."

"Military solutions are now fully in place, locked and loaded, should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong Un will find another path!" he tweeted.

Trump has refused to back down in his verbal confrontation with the North Korean leader, suggesting to reporters Thursday that his threat to unleash "fire and fury" may not have gone far enough.

"Maybe it wasn't tough enough," Trump said at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey.

Trump said past administrations had not done enough to take on North Korea and that it is time a President "stuck up for the country."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/10/politics/tru...orea/index.html

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)
NK is not threatening to actually attack Guam. They are threatening to bomb the water 40km away from Guam.

Don't let the chicken hawk warmongers beat the drums with false claims.

Your post makes it seem like this Guam thing is not a big deal. I am a little worried that Trump hasn't told all Americans who are not military to get out of Guam and South Korea. That's irresponsible to not get them to safety if at any minute Trump might order strikes that result in the decimation of South Korea and Guam.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 11:41 AM)
Your post makes it seem like this Guam thing is not a big deal. I am a little worried that Trump hasn't told all Americans who are not military to get out of Guam and South Korea. That's irresponsible to not get them to safety if at any minute Trump might order strikes that result in the decimation of South Korea and Guam.

Everyone born in Guam is a United States citizen...

I did read on CNN today that Russia and China are working on something. The article said, "Russia called on the Trump administration to keep calm, and on Friday Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov told state media that his country was working with China on a "double freezing" plan to address the threat."

OK. That should be getting way more publicity.For the world to survive this, we need Russia and China's help and support. If they are willing to help, that's huge and needs to be discussed. I hope they speed it up and make it clear to the world they are getting involved.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 06:45 PM)
Everyone born in Guam is a United States citizen...

Then if any NK bomb actually hits Guam, wow, the world will be changed forever. Trump in response to the attack on US citizens will blow up North Korea, Jong Un blow up South Korea and Hawaii and parts of the US Mainland. Who knows what China and/or Russia would do at that point to add onto the thermonuclear destruction of much of the world. We can go from worrying about a White Sox rebuild to picking up the pieces in a society of bunkers, not stadiums, in a manner of minutes.

Q: Answer this question: Will there be an international crisis/war before the start of college football season with millions of people dead or can we survive this?

Edited by greg775

"He will truly regret it and regret it fast."

-- Wow what a comment from Trump. ... He said if Kim issues a 'threat' to any of our allies or Guam this is what will happen. This story isn't getting enough play. this is the biggest story in our lifetimes, folks, the official possibility of thermonuclear war at any moment. Trump's comment was truly scary.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 04:07 PM)
"He will truly regret it and regret it fast."

-- Wow what a comment from Trump. ... He said if Kim issues a 'threat' to any of our allies or Guam this is what will happen. This story isn't getting enough play. this is the biggest story in our lifetimes, folks, the official possibility of thermonuclear war at any moment. Trump's comment was truly scary.

This is the one cock measuring contest where Trump actually has the largest cock, in terms of firepower. So no surprise he wants to play. This is exactly the thing that was mentioned by the anti Trump contingent during the campaign to fear, so it should come as no surprise. His handlers better get a hold of him, and maybe let on to the American people and Repubican leaders that yes, this guy is not fit to be president, and so,etching must be done about it right away.It may delay or end any hope that the rich will get a tax break any time soon, but it may save millions of lives, including Americans.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 09:46 PM)
This is the one cock measuring contest where Trump actually has the largest cock, in terms of firepower. So no surprise he wants to play. This is exactly the thing that was mentioned by the anti Trump contingent during the campaign to fear, so it should come as no surprise. His handlers better get a hold of him, and maybe let on to the American people and Repubican leaders that yes, this guy is not fit to be president, and so,etching must be done about it right away.It may delay or end any hope that the rich will get a tax break any time soon, but it may save millions of lives, including Americans.

You make some good points, Dick Allen. If this were the 60s do you think the mafia would take out Trump? Think about it. He is risking everything with his baiting of crazy Kim. If Kim does indeed fire up some missiles to scare Guam and they land within 10 miles of shore or actually hit land, think of all the wealthy Americans who will lose out? They won't be able to enjoy their mansions and boats and perks of being rich if they have to go dine on protein shakes in a bunker the next many years til they die. If Trump is putting their lives at risk, you'd think theyd be on Trump's ass so to speak telling him to start backing off.

Nobody wants thermonuclear war... at the top of the list are the rich.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 12:14 PM)
There's no way you're a real person. I refuse to believe it.

You don't think the mafia had influence over government policy in some cases? Or the powerful rich who fund campaigns? Think about it. Trump, one man, has the power to end the world as we know it and put us all in underground shelters if we can find one until we die. Who gets hurt in this scenario the most?? The rich. They didn't amass all that wealth to have one aggressive warmonger (Trump, though I might have picked too harsh a word) over-react, fire off some nukes and end the world as we know it. Why is this so odd a stance?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 12:43 PM)
Greg has been reading too many JFK conspiracy theory books apparently...

Caulfield, you are reasonable. What do you think of my post.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 12:14 PM)
There's no way you're a real person. I refuse to believe it.

I didn't stop my post with the one sentence you quoted. I listed 4-5 sentences backing up my point.

Meanwhile, Trump's popularity for threatening North Korea with nuclear Armageddon rose a full six points.

President Donald Trump is finding favor in the polls following his rhetoric against North Korea earlier in the week. On Wednesday, Trump, in a warning to North Korean leader Kim Jon Un, said Pyongyang would “face fire and fury like the world has never seen” if they continued making threats against the United States and U.S. territory Guam. And since then, the president’s approval rating has jumped up six points, according to daily presidential tracking poll by Rasmussen Reports.

Fifty-three percent of voters still disapproved of Trump’s job performance, according to the poll released on Friday. However, support for Trump’s job performance was up to 45 percent compared to the 39 percent reported a week ago.

Meanwhile, 29 percent of voters strongly approve of the president’s job performance while 44 percent said they strongly disapprove.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/threatening-nort...-172636226.html

Edited by caulfield12