David Robertson

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2017 -> 01:23 PM)
Let's get Mets and Nats in a bidding war if Familia is done for season

I think the Mets are throwing in the towel this season. If Addison Reed does well as replacement closer, I bet the Sox could get him for a fringe prospect. Maybe the Mets would take Matt Davidson?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 11, 2017 -> 01:46 PM)
I think the Mets are throwing in the towel this season. If Addison Reed does well as replacement closer, I bet the Sox could get him for a fringe prospect. Maybe the Mets would take Matt Davidson?

Thought this was serious until the bolded lol

QUOTE (steveno89 @ May 11, 2017 -> 12:38 PM)
I don't love the Mets farm as a match for us. Beyond their top couple guys there isn't anything that interesting at a glance.

Gimenez is a player I like, but he is far off from the majors

I think that's kind of the point with Robertson though. He's unlikely to bring back a top 25 prospect at the centerpiece. Unlike with Q, I find it hard to believe that there's any farm system in baseball that can't put together some sort of deal that would be attractive for Robertson. The more teams that are involved, the better.

I'm excited. We got starry eyes over the offseason for the top 20 prospects, and they are usually great. But worth noting the hauls teams like the Brewers have received, as well as the back half of the hamels deal paying off for the Phillies more than the top.

Take more shots and eventually some might net a higher percentage to play catch-up.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ May 11, 2017 -> 01:51 PM)
I think that's kind of the point with Robertson though. He's unlikely to bring back a top 25 prospect at the centerpiece. Unlike with Q, I find it hard to believe that there's any farm system in baseball that can't put together some sort of deal that would be attractive for Robertson. The more teams that are involved, the better.

A top 25 organizational prospect? Or top 25 in the mlb prospect?

I can't believe Baltimore and Washington, who can't be blowing games, won't overpay big time for Robertson NOW. Our lousy team does not need him. If this is a rebuild, I hope Hahn has a plan regarding getting 3 studs for David Robertson.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 11, 2017 -> 09:11 PM)
I can't believe Baltimore and Washington, who can't be blowing games, won't overpay big time for Robertson NOW. Our lousy team does not need him. If this is a rebuild, I hope Hahn has a plan regarding getting 3 studs for David Robertson.

For Hahn to land 3 studs for Robertson, his plan would have to involve kidnapping and ransom I'm afraid

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 12, 2017 -> 03:36 AM)
The sooner the better.

For sure. This team had its one good month and is ready to lose 80 percent of its games the rest of the way. Trade everybody now or asap.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 12, 2017 -> 10:07 AM)
Something tells me they won't be buying at the deadline.

Which might mean that the Nats won't buy until the deadline.

There appears to be zero competition in that division, so they only need to load up for the playoffs.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 12, 2017 -> 11:08 AM)

There appears to be zero competition in that division, so they only need to load up for the playoffs.

If the last few Octobers have taught us anything, bullpen help is the #1 way to load up for postseason play.

Not Robertson related but the Cardinals are competing and are ranked 25th in baseball in xFIP (relating to bullpens).

Since they have Rosenthal doing well as closer I can see either Jones or Swarzak being a good fit for them.

Edited by reiks12

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 12, 2017 -> 11:08 AM)

Yea soooooo they still need a closer, and it would behoove them to get one at the Deadline.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ May 12, 2017 -> 11:30 AM)
Not Robertson related but the Cardinals are competing and are ranked 25th in baseball in xFIP (relating to bullpens).

Since they have Rosenthal doing well as closer I can see either Jones or Swarzak being a good fit for them.

Guys like Swarzak, Kahnle, Jones, & Putnam would all make sense for pretty much any contender. If things break right, the Sox could have 5 legitimate high leverage relievers to deal before the trade deadline.