4/16 at Minnesota Twins

flavum

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Apr 16, 2017 -> 06:20 PM)
Since the similarity of each at-bat has made me curious, here is an inventory of all of May's PAs:

K looking: 3

K swinging: 5

GO 4: 7

Sac bunt: 1

FO 8: 2

HBP: 1

BB: 1

GO 6: 2

GO 3: 2

Yep. In 24 PAs, he's grounded out to second almost 25% of the time, or four times as much as he hits the ball in the air.

While Garcia the best in baseball, May is the worst.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 16, 2017 -> 06:30 PM)
If he has a good year I could see him signing an extension

He's probably just young enough, but I can still see them capitalizing on a strong season and moving him. Honestly, though I get the feeling he won't be very good this year.

Hopefully Robertson continues to be strong to net more prospects.

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 16, 2017 -> 06:32 PM)
He's probably just young enough, but I can still see them capitalizing on a strong season and moving him. Honestly, though I get the feeling he won't be very good this year.

Hopefully Robertson continues to be strong to net more prospects.

I would hope they'd cash in on prospects. I wouldn't want to bank on him being good for a while.

Perhaps the most impressive thing about Avi is that he is hitting so much better than the rest of the team. It isn't as though they have faced terrible pitching and everyone in the lineup were crushing the ball. Look at the averages of the rest of Sox. My confidence is growing daily, that he is finally coming into his own. I'm sure that his confidence is soaring, as well. I'm rooting for him and am thrilled to see him have some success.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Apr 16, 2017 -> 06:38 PM)
White Sox option Willy Garcia to AAA Charlotte. Melky Cabrera will return from paternity leave tomorrow in NY.

I'm surprised it wasn't May - he really looks like he needs minor league seasoning.