5/1 games

Feeky Magee

QUOTE (Dizzy Sox @ May 1, 2017 -> 04:47 PM)
Barnum with 5 hrs his last 9 games, which is as many as he had in 430 PAs last year.

To go along with a .200 average on the season. Power is the last tool to develop though. This is probably his last year in the organization if he doesn't take a significant step forward. Maybe he can make himself interesting again, but I wouldn't count on it.

QUOTE (Dizzy Sox @ May 1, 2017 -> 04:47 PM)
Barnum with 5 hrs his last 9 games, which is as many as he had in 430 PAs last year.

I would love to see him get going and put himself on the map. I am hoping the rebuild is a wake up call for some guys in the minors.

QUOTE (daggins @ May 2, 2017 -> 02:34 AM)
If Collins has to both learn how to catch AND reconfigure his swing, we aren't going to see him for a while, if ever.

I would have much rather see him dominate offensively and struggle defensively this year. Season is still early, but his hit tool seems extremely mediocre

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2017 -> 08:38 PM)
I would have much rather see him dominate offensively and struggle defensively this year. Season is still early, but his hit tool seems extremely mediocre

I'm actually pretty happy with Collins' development so far. The defense was far and away the biggest concern, and he's been making strides there. He's already got so much talent offensively, that it's OK for that to get short shrift for a year.

If he is going to stick at catcher, he was going to need 2-3 years in the minors at least. We knew that from the beginning. It's been a month, and even in that month he's still getting on base and showing some power while making big gains defensively. I call it a success so far.